Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Christophe Berra

Another name to float in there (after all he did help us go up!)

Anyone think he''d be worth a look? If we don''t decide to spend millions on a big name like Ranocchia or whatever, Berra could be a good fit.

Around 100 premiership games, the right age (30) he''s a monster in the air, would make us much better equipped at set pieces and isn''t a slouch either. Furthermore, he''s familiar with Martin and Whittaker from International duty and has forged a great understanding when he slots into the Scotland defence.

It''s obviously controversial as he played for scum but I don''t think he''d be the worst investment.

Perhaps he''s worth another shot at the big time?

It would break their hearts. They rate him highly, although this has to be taken with a pinch of salt as they have a current tendency to over-rate all their players, borne out of frustration.

(Eg. Today''s offering, "A fit Murphy, McGoldrick and Sears are the best attack in the Championship, and managed by the best manager, of course, and ably assisted by the best number two in Connor. All playing on the best ground in front of the best supporters as well.)

I do not think that Berra is particularly mobile and, when caught out, resorts to fouling.

Worth £2m though as he ticks a lot of boxes.

[quote user="Daz Sparks"]Buy him and send him on season long loan to Hamilton just to pee them off down the road.  [;)][/quote]
That''s the best idea I''ve heard on here for ages.

Ha,ha,ha.LOL. That''s brilliant. If anyone thinks we will be ok with Bassong/Martin as our main CB''s then they are deluded. Just remember the strikers they will be facing next season. Costa, Rooney, Bony, Aguero, Silva, Dzeko, Kane, Giroud, to name just a few.

At times last season in the championship Martin in particular looked very suspect.

[quote user="Barclay seats 4849 the 3rd"]While on the " Kaboul " thread , LDC is instructing us that we don''t need anyone in defence as Martin and Bassong are more than adequate ..............😳[/quote]

Not instructing.  Giving an opinion.[quote user="lake district canary"]I don''t see any potential

weakness in Bassong/Martin.  Core of our team.  Kaboul could offer

cover, but not necessarily replace either of them.[/quote]Berra could do a job, but I don''t think he''s better.

Nobody has mentioned, to my recollection, the significant fact that our own Russell Martin, often rather maligned for his central defensive attributes on this forum, currently keeps Berra out of Strachan''s Scotland team.

I wouldn''t know this evenings line-up yet, but there should be some interest for us either way.

Stop press: Russell McMartin starts.

This says quite a bit about Berra actually. 

Wee Gordon (not forgetting his wee wife, wee Kirsty) knows the score.