Sign in to follow this  
True Grit

Jonathan Walters

Currently available on a free - we should snap him up. Exactly the type of player we need. Wears his balls on his sleeve and gives 110% every game. Has been the driving force in establishing Stoke as a top flight side for a number of years.

So that makes a suggested frontline of a Stokey clogger, a 400 year old Bulgarian and a Scottish striker that can''t score. All being assisted by a one-legged Arsenal reject. It''s looking to be a spectacular season.

Not sure it is such a bad signing- versatile, Premier League proven and chips in with goals. He played 102 straight games for Stoke which is no mean feat. Strikes me as a more versatile Grabban- good worker, some ability but not a natural finisher. Could do a job.

[quote user="alartz"]How Walters ever made it as a professional footballer is beyond me[/quote]

And yet he has! Case closed

I''m not a troll, I live and breathe the club. Norwich born and bred. I just won''t conform to the hype that surrounds the club at the moment, I''ve seen it all before. Having to look my son in the eye and tell him what relegation means to the club, well I never want to have to do that again. Change neds to happen if we''re going to establish ourselves as a top flight side, such as Stoke or West Brom.

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]If he is on a free get him, i good worker who leads the line and does score a fair few important if jerome gets injured or loses form[/quote]Luckily the OP is on a wind up. I would not want this lump near the club.

Always thought Walters is not dissimilar to big grant holt. Will be watching a few city current players today at the Aviva, Dublin, and a few rumoured targets, was given tickets yesterday so travel arrangements are hurried , safely on the train up now. If Ireland don''t win, its pretty much bye bye European championships.

Good luck to Ireland. Will pop out and cheer you on later. What''s the likelihood of Wes getting a game?

Walters 1  Scotland 0

FIFA looking to give 5m euros to scotland for ground development due to the wrong ref decision..

[quote user="True Grit"]Sensational goal by Jonathan Walters.[/quote]Sensationally offside.........................[;)]

To the surprise of many, including a virtual unanimity of binners, Walters has been a revelation at Stoke.

That was then though and, despite a decent showing yesterday, he would seem destined for the Championship or for a lucrative spell overseas.

Perversely, although I would not want him at Carrow Road, neither would I want to see him return to Portman Road, as I feel he could do a job there.

Something to do with this famous "gap."

he doesn''t fit the ''image'' of the club, or the style of play (a very poor man''s arsenal) 95% of fans seem so desperate to need to cling onto. the city philosophy has established us not as a reliable top flight club, but one of yo-yoing mediocrity. We are worse than Wigan over the last 10yrs... wigan ffs. Do you on here actually want to win anything? When was the last time we had a decent cup run? Do you want to see us establish our selves as a top flight club (such as Stoke or West Brom)? Because to do that as a small club you need to play a certain way... We aren''t chelsea, man city, arsenal - we aren''t going to be able to attract a hazard, silva or sanchez and If we home - grow a player of half that quality we will sell him on for 5mil less than he''s worth.

Walters is a seasoned premier league veteran. With him, Adam, Barton, Scott Parker and Shelvey we could really make a stand.