Sign in to follow this  
morty

Kyle Laugherty.

The only bit of interest in the story for me is that they report him as being an ''ex Rangers and Burnley'' striker; the rest seems to be par for the course with footballers nowadays!

I saw them tweets a bit ago and wondered where his ex had gone. He really is a bit simple isn''t he?! Hopefully we can offload him and forget about him and he doesn''t hang around our club like a bad smell.

Simply put he''s a bad fit.

[quote user="Tetteys Jig"]I saw them tweets a bit ago and wondered where his ex had gone. He really is a bit simple isn''t he?! Hopefully we can offload him and forget about him and he doesn''t hang around our club like a bad smell.

Simply put he''s a bad fit.[/quote]Though it did make me chuckle when he came on for us."Ah, Lafferty is on, yellow card in 5.....4......3...."

Wasn''t he tweeting those pictures while Norwich were playing Ipswich in one of the semi-finals? Think it was the home leg.

He was a gamble by Norwich, which unfortunately didn''t pay off.

Really need to be a hell of a lot smarter this transfer than they have for the previous 3 or 4. Hope the football board are up to it.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Wasn''t he tweeting those pictures while Norwich were playing Ipswich in one of the semi-finals? Think it was the home leg.

He was a gamble by Norwich, which unfortunately didn''t pay off.

Really need to be a hell of a lot smarter this transfer than they have for the previous 3 or 4. Hope the football board are up to it.[/quote]

think how many chances the fans would want to give him if he was Dutch and cost 9 million?

This forum is the ultimate player bashing site - I wonder if the first team players ever come on here to see who is being bashed today.

Kyle Lafferty was a good player when we signed him and is a good player still today.

Who cares if he''s a little hot-headed? and I don''t care what he does in his personal life!

If he had been played as a striker - Norwich fans would of cheered him every game. He was played out of position, was reckless with cards - probably because he didn''t want to play left wing...

I still rate him and think he''d do a job in the PL. I actually believe he''d be fairly decent up top on his own in the Premier League.

[quote user="Lewis Esquire"]This forum is the ultimate player bashing site - I wonder if the first team players ever come on here to see who is being bashed today.

Kyle Lafferty was a good player when we signed him and is a good player still today.

Who cares if he''s a little hot-headed? and I don''t care what he does in his personal life!

If he had been played as a striker - Norwich fans would of cheered him every game. He was played out of position, was reckless with cards - probably because he didn''t want to play left wing...

I still rate him and think he''d do a job in the PL. I actually believe he''d be fairly decent up top on his own in the Premier League.[/quote]

Kyle Lafferty is a striker who has scored 72 goals in 318 games - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyle_Lafferty many of which were in the likes of Serie B, the Scottish Premiership and the dizzy heights of the Swiss Premier Division!!!

this works out as an average of 7 goals a season....

his attitude was awful on the pitch and he couldn''t reign his temper in... he''d have cost us in a crucial game when it mattered...

to say he is premiership quality is laughable. he''ll be plying his trade in a poor European league again soon.

There is also the annoying fact the club will have to pay him more money, and pay Palermo more money, due to the promotion. A promotion he had very little to do with.

Obviously it was in the agreements when he signed and unavoidable now - but it again shows that last summer''s transfer window was horrendously planned out.

Fingers crossed this one is thought through a little more sensibly.

I agree that the club need to be smarter with their buys. For me that is where this transfer has suffered.

From my point of view it seems Kyle was signed as a wide left attacker. That we had no options there other than Josh seem to reinforce that. BJ was only tried there after JM & KL were rejected. In my view KL filled that role reasonably well. He added steel and a good positional sense although his tackling was as poorly timed as Paul Scholes. Many of those were "tactical" due to the fact that too often he ended up behind the marauding and non working back Olsson as the limitations of Adams tactics were found out. He worked hard too.

Unfortunately it seems no one asked Kyle whether that was the role he wanted - he had started to score for NI as a striker - and it seems that was the role he wanted here. Unfortunately his finishing was not good as both Grabban and Jerome started well so his seeking match time in Turkey is to his credit.

Better planning from the club to avoid these situations but its not a case of we need to decry the signing; we tried but simply it did not work out. Thats the way of the majority of transfers.

Fingers crossed he finds another club and the next contract with give him enough to put a bit aside for laser removal treatment...

Zippers left foot mentions laser removal treatment, anyone who has been there and done that (like one fool in the principality of Lessingham) will know that if the tattoo is black and white it is easily removed, compared to when it has colours, he is not so daft, our Laff, is he ?

Someone on here was arguing not long ago that Lafferty was definitely not a failure as a signing. Bizarre.

[quote user="king canary"]Someone on here was arguing not long ago that Lafferty was definitely not a failure as a signing. Bizarre.[/quote]Its a reasonable point though that if Ricky deserves a second chance, then surely Kyle must?

[quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"]Is anyone watching the Northern Ireland game right now?If so, the less said about that last Irish attack, the better...[/quote]Yup.

And yup.

Northern Ireland 0-0 Romania

Posted at 8 mins

A mistake by Laszlo Sepsi and Kyle Lafferty is rampaging forward. The Norwich striker sprints into the Romania area and he is about the pull the trigger... when he clips himself and tumbles to the ground. Northern Ireland will hope that''s not a sign of things to come..............................this attack ??

to be fair lafferty apart from that self imposed trip he has played well,   worked hard as the lone striker and linked up well.

Romania seem to be living up to their dont travel well although do seem to be more incisive at times.   

Looks like a 0-0 all over though

[quote user="The Great Wall Of Tettey"]Looks a different player as an out and out striker.

Have no doubt he will leave in the summer but think despite the attitude he might be an asset to keep as a striker[/quote]Very much depends also on what happens with Wolfie.I just don''t feel Lafferty is a Premiership standard striker.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="The Great Wall Of Tettey"]Looks a different player as an out and out striker.

Have no doubt he will leave in the summer but think despite the attitude he might be an asset to keep as a striker[/quote]Very much depends also on what happens with Wolfie.I just don''t feel Lafferty is a Premiership standard striker.[/quote]

Difficult one really. Neil might well get rid of both, and hooper! We don''t really have a tall forward like him, depends what''s available, might be an easier decision if he wasn''t an idiot