Sign in to follow this  
firststeps

Anyone watching Svn v Eng?

Yes. Why the hell isn''t milner starting? Easily the best player to put on an England shirt in the last 10 years. Would love to see him at City. No nonsense, work horse and a darn good player.

Yep. Put a bit of a money on us to win by more than 1 goal. I''ve been on a bit of a role betting wise recently but I think I may have put an end to that today.

I''m quite enjoying it. I''ve always compared supporting England (second to Norwich) as a similar experience. So much potential potential, with highs and lows!

Gibbs wastes too many good opportunities for club and country. Great athlete but not a great player.

My Arsenal supporting mate thinks his positioning is his greatest weakness- as you say a great athlete but lacks a bit of a football brain.

Great goal from Wilshere but how bad was that miss by Rooney right there? 8 yards out, sat perfectly, blazed it over the bar.

FenwayFrank wrote the following post at 14/06/2015 6:04 PM:

Nice view of a Norwich flag as the ball trickled into the back of the net

😄

[quote user="Mr Jenkins"]FenwayFrank wrote the following post at 14/06/2015 6:04 PM:

Nice view of a Norwich flag as the ball trickled into the back of the net

That was Waveney!

😄[/quote]

Why have so many people got it in for Rooney? He''s a team player, extremely adaptable, and international goal record is on target to be better than Bobby Charlton''s!

[quote user="Ian"]Why have so many people got it in for Rooney? He''s a team player, extremely adaptable, and international goal record is on target to be better than Bobby Charlton''s![/quote]Bobby Charlton played in midfield and has a better goals to game ratio It will be a sad day when Waynetta passes Charltons record

I can sincerely say the only players I would have in the city team on watch from England would be milner, cahill and henderson. The rest are over hyped ego maniacs

According to the BBC their goal-to-game ratios are almost identical.

I''m not suggesting one player is better than the other, but surely becoming the highest scoring England player of all time is an achievement to be recognised, rather than slating the guy.

Seems to be a fairly typical English trait.

Charlton scored 22 of his goals in friendlies and 16 in the British Home Championship-5 against Scotland, 5 against Wales and 6 against Northern Ireland.

Rooney has only scored 14 in friendlies and if he played Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland once a season he would have demolished Charlton''s record by now.

That''s probably a fair criticism SOB, but there aren''t too many gimmies in modern international football. Besides which, you could ask why if it''s that easy to score against the "lesser" teams, it''s only Rooney who''s getting anywhere near to the record in 40 years?

Ten there''s the argument that by focusing on goals alone, you miss the rest of his contribution to the team... compare overall contribution to that of someone like Lineker for example?

Having said what I said, he took the winning goal very well with a great assist from Walcott. Who''s up for a holiday to France next June???