Sign in to follow this  
Donkey dangler

Centre back - Frederik Sorensen?

Do we really need another youngster with "prospects" floating around the Club?

We seem to be well loaded on the youth front and there''s only so many a club like Norwich can reasonably afford. Apart from Ryan Bennet that perpetual prospect ( a bit harsh there) and Marquis de Sade (no not Bradley Johnson,) we have young harry Toffolo who might sound like something once manufactured by Caley''s but is still, nevertheless, a prospect to be chewed upon.[:$] 

My feelings are that we need a seasoned performer in this position up and ready for next season. Curtis Davies fits the bill and there must be others.

Not Christophe Berra though, understudy to our own Russ on the international scene a player to whom the Sunday Times gave a more than decent 7 rating for yesterday''s performance, stating that "He (RM) improved as the game went on and was a major reason for Scotland''s successful defensive display. (or words.)

Curtis Davies is a good shout and my random cb names are loic Perrin or botteghin

Leeds nearly got him last summer:

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/495553/Leeds-poised-to-sign-Juventus-defender-Frederik-Sorensen

He wouldnt be the worst signing but there are other names id rather we got.

He''s 23 so not that young but has played about 80 Serie A games which isn''t bad at all. Was surprised when I saw him linked with Leeds, strikers me as better than the Championship.

Out of sympathy for the poor fellow fans who had RvW''s name printed in full on their shirts - and which they hardly got to wear, I have two suggestions for our future recruitment policy:

1. Only sign players with short surnames, preferably three letter names such as Ibe, or someone from the far East ( "Kim passes to Kim"etc).

2. We only sign players whose surname is a Christian name, as in Russell Martin, Alex Neil, so you can wear your shirt long after that player has signed for the Portaloo Brushes.l

king canary    "He''s 23 so not that young but has played about 80 Serie A games which isn''t bad at all. Was surprised when I saw him linked with Leeds, strikers me as better than the Championship."

Fair enough, I had thought him younger. He has some pedigree, for sure, and may be not the risk I had thought, although a seasoned performer remains a better bet, IMO.

Ideally I think we need a mixture- our first choice back for is all 27 or older so some youth might actually be quite helpful. Not sure how quick this guy is and I''d like us to get a centre half with pace to pair with Bassong.

How about those 2 French defenders that nobody has heard of Parkdebus & Blockdeshot. They would be useful.