Sign in to follow this  
Cobain18

Kaboul

Would be available at 5 mil, good partner for Bassong and takes a potential weakness out of our side in Martin at CB

Are you going to start an individual thread for every random player we have not been linked to at all, that pops into your head?

Hmmm the name cobain. Suggests to me if you''re anything like the famous kurt cobain you''re pretty high on a cocktail of drugs.

This would explain your recent posts

Would go missing. His hearts not it in. The club would put him up in a suite at st giles house hotel, He would get too comfortable, complacent, reliant on room service and would see out his contract doing minimal work in training. He would likely team up with bar 11 and some floppy haired waste product , whos leared how to play 3 chords on the guitar, kaboul to do the rapping and floppy hair to strum along. Yeah, avoid basically.

[quote user="Cobain18"]Would be available at 5 mil, good partner for Bassong and takes a potential weakness out of our side in Martin at CB[/quote]I don''t see any potential weakness in Bassong/Martin.  Core of our team.  Kaboul could offer cover, but not necessarily replace either of them.

Was very impressive for Spurs when they played here 3/4 seasons ago.

If you could get that player you''d be doing well.

A similar price for a better player than Bassong.    Proven britsh based player that would be a real coup and statement of intent.My only question / suggested blocker would be potential wages? 

[quote user="lake district canary"]I don''t see any potential weakness in Bassong/Martin.  Core of our team.  Kaboul could offer cover, but not necessarily replace either of them.

[/quote]Sorry LDC  just 3 sentences but I have issues with all of them! [:S]   I accept its a matter of opinion so here are mine

First while I think Seb & Russ can be a prem partnership for us it does have actual,  not just potential, weaknesses; and ones that could be exploited by most prem teams,  not just the elite 6.    That does not mean I think they are a "cr@p" pairing - just recognise  that we can improve it - and for me probably the area that we relatively need to improve the most.

Secondly - any captain is core,  so russ is.   However the core of what makes Neils team tick is first the anchor at defensive midfield and then the pressing and fluidity of movement from the front 5.    A solid pairing is needed  - but our approach would not fail if they were not starting;   not having tettey or a better option in the side woudl weaken our core.

Finally I dont agree with purchasing squad fillers for cover.  Anyone who joins should be better,  or have the potential to be better with a couple of years, than we already have and ready to start in the prem.   We have seen how long Ryan has taken to not yet fulfill his potential.   

I do see Kaboul as a viable,  first team improving target that is probably within budget;  I suspect he will chose a more established team,   but this is the level of quality we should be adding.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]How can you not see any weaknesses in Bassong and Martin?[/quote]

It''s a partnership that has won us promotion with minimum goals against. Once AN arrived, we let in only 21 goals in 25 matches.  I don''t see any potential weaknesses that could be bettered by simply replacing them with anyone like Kaboul or Berra.  Get one or both in by any means, but do not assume they would become automatic choices.   Martin and Bassong have earned their places next season imo.

Martin has had a decent season and of course we wouldn''t have got promoted if we had even 1 really dodgy defender.

But at the same time look at the goals we let in at the end of the season against Rotherham, Fulham and both Ipswich goals. Martin at fault.

Not sure about Kaboul maybe good maybe not.

Berra however is awful. Should never ever be seen in a Norwich shirt !!!!!!

Surely there has to be better out there.

If DM is talking about the best of British then please steer well clear of Berra.

Please let this all be speculation.

Mings has been mentioned. Now as aggravating as he may be he is exactly who we should be looking at.

Mings isn''t that good though, he''s quick, but my god is he a liability, especially when we have Olsson who played really well last time in the PL

Martin is not a premier league centre back! There is plenty of available centre backs who can do a job, Dawson would be the best option, but I wouldn''t mind seeing Curtis Davies too/either

I work with 3 "Y-Word" fans...1 of them a season ticket holder.

"Kaboul was absolutely awesome...3 seasons ago", was the reply. Apparently he got injured and has never been the same since. Last season he came back into the team and was responsible for some horrendous goals, Vertongen was screaming at him on the pitch giving it that "what are you doing" gesture. He hasnt really featured since.

So with that...aaammm oooot, as Duncan would say.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Neither Martin nor Whittaker should be in our starting line up come August.[/quote]

Yes, they should (imo [;)] ).   They have earned it.  So have Ruddy, Bassong, Olsson, Johnson, Howson, Redmond, Dorrans, Jerome, Wes, Grabban amd Hooper and if that''s more than 11, then there is good competition for places already.  Anyone coming in  will have to fight their way past the present incumbents before they can get into the team. 

The Russell Martin debate is an interesting one. Personally I think he''s a very decent centre back, and good with the ball. He makes the odd mistake, but no more than the rest of the defence; however some of the fan base have nominated him for the scapegoat role. He clearly loves the club, is a good person to have around the dressing room and in my opinion a good choice for skipper.

I''d expect him to feature regularly next season, at both right back and centre back.

And of course, it''s always an idea to remember this about Martin, who some feel isn''t ''good enough'':-

Paul Lambert picked him regularly

Chris Hughton picked him regularly

Neil Adams picked him regularly

Alex Neil has picked him for every game

The manager of Scotland, who look like qualifying for Euro 2016, has picked him regularly.

[quote user="Wes Hooly Fan"]The Russell Martin debate is an interesting one. Personally I think he''s a very decent centre back, and good with the ball. He makes the odd mistake, but no more than the rest of the defence; however some of the fan base have nominated him for the scapegoat role. He clearly loves the club, is a good person to have around the dressing room and in my opinion a good choice for skipper.

I''d expect him to feature regularly next season, at both right back and centre back.

And of course, it''s always an idea to remember this about Martin, who some feel isn''t ''good enough'':-

Paul Lambert picked him regularly

Chris Hughton picked him regularly

Neil Adams picked him regularly

Alex Neil has picked him for every game

The manager of Scotland, who look like qualifying for Euro 2016, has picked him regularly.[/quote]

But some Norwich "fans" (aka sheep) know better.

It''s a question of opinion and there is no definitive right or wrong answer. However, it''s always worth thinking about why so many managers would pick a player. A bit like the Wes Hoolahan situation. Some Norwich fans don''t see his value to the squad, despite seven seasons and five managers behind him.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]How can you not see any weaknesses in Bassong and Martin?[/quote]

The entire back four have weaknesses that will be exploited at EPL level. Needs strengthening with better players than existing.

Midfield should be okay.

Proven EPL striker required.

5 players in total.

Names? No idea. Trust in McNasty - Alexei Neil combo.