Sign in to follow this  
Katie Borkins

Ben Davies

A lovely idea but not where I think we need to prioritise our spending. He played plenty of games as part of the squad last year and Swansea would probably be first in line for a return if he wanted out. Added to that Man City have been linked with Rose so they are unlikely to sell him early in the window. I don''t think, therefore, that he would fit what we need right now, although he is a classy player.

A splendid user name.

Interesting that Man City are looking at Rose.

I am always surprised at the frequency of change in the back four of some top sides, Man City being the obvious example (Spurs to an extent too) and would have thought a solid and in tune back 4 would be a better platform.

Great player but I don''t think he''ll leave Spurs yet. He''s still only young and will probably challenge for the left back slot there again this summer.

Is Davies really an upgrade on Olsson though? I''m a massive fan of Olsson and as a result, I''d say left back is the position we least need strengthening. We could do with another body, but we don''t a big-money signing.I''m also not sure why Spurs spent so much money on Davies. Is he actually worth the £8-10m or whatever they spent on him?

Webbo, I''m not saying that we mustn''t spend on a full back but I don''t think that it is an area we need to upgrade. Assuming we have circa 20m to spend then 6-8m on a left back is not, imho a good use of that. I would rather we spent the money bringing in a first choice cb and trusted toffollo as our reserve choice lb. I would rather we spent 12m and tried to get Pritchard and kaboul from Spurs. Not sure they would be keen to sell Pritchard but would rather we took a punt there.

Is the question "name a player who won''t be good enough to replace Olsson in the Prem?"

If so, correct, Toffolo is the answer.

Either Toffolo or Whitaker could fill in for a game or. As ever the problem is we are not (yet!) big enough to be able to have 2 very good players for every position. I agree with those saying we need to strengthen elsewhere first. We need to be signing 4 or 5 players who will be improvements on the current first eleven - CB,LW & CF need addressing first.

[quote user="Evesham Canary"]Either Toffolo or Whitaker could fill in for a game or. As ever the problem is we are not (yet!) big enough to be able to have 2 very good players for every position. I agree with those saying we need to strengthen elsewhere first. We need to be signing 4 or 5 players who will be improvements on the current first eleven - CB,LW & CF need addressing first.[/quote]

*for a game or 2*