Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

DJ Jazzy Richards

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33137163

Is one of them us? He''s a right back, we could do with a right back... 2+2=?

Maybe. I asked a Swans fan about him anyway.

---

Good squad player for us that, bar a few fck-ups (such as failing to clear against Spurs), has done the job when called upon. Can play either full back or even midfield (he started as a mid and was then converted to right back). He needs to work on his attacking side, he''s a little too reluctant to push-up for my liking, but defensively he''s solid. Put in a great ball for Gomis'' goal against City. Apparently he was immense against Belgium (trust me to miss one of our most important games in our history...), but I feel he''s a Championship/lower-table Prem player. How he would fare with a run of games and if he played in the same position (we switched him between left and right depending on who was available) I don''t know.

As for whether he''s better than Whittaker, that depends on what you look for in a full back. Whittaker is more of an attacking threat, but Richards is less of a liability at the back. He''s certainly better than the £500k we accepted from Fulham though, I can say that much.

Tell me about it! He''s off to a premiership side though, so by pure guesswork, I can imagine us being in for him as he''s exactly what we''re after.