Sign in to follow this  
Mr Grumpy

McNally Tweet

"We will have some really positive news later today. Keep a close watch on @NorwichCityFC and http://canaries.co.uk "

Any ideas anyone?

Can''t see anything other than AN contract amendment, or maybe a new deal for one of our most popular first team players - Ruddy turning down Chelsea perhaps (again)?. Bassong or Redmond new deal? The return of Neil Adams or RvW..... ? ;)

Anyone remember that thread years back about the huge Norfolk Show announcement, which turned out to be a rather underwhelming new shirt sponsor?

What angle is Alex Neil''s car at in the jarrold stand car park?

There you go: http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/alex-neil-norwich-city-new-contract-2494792.aspx

I hope he is being paid more than our highest paid player, because the players have proved they are not up to the job without someone to kick them up the backside. If the manager is so important, a successful one should be the highest paid person in the club.

[quote user="lake district canary"]I hope he is being paid more than our highest paid player, because the players have proved they are not up to the job without someone to kick them up the backside. If the manager is so important, a successful one should be the highest paid person in the club.[/quote]
That will most certainly not be the case.

Great news about AN; he could well be the most important signing we make this season.

Just looking up the report on the NCFC site, couldn''t help spotting there''s a story about us having won an award for being the best away-day experience for directors.

http://mobile.canaries.co.uk/news/article/norwich-city-directors-choice-award-winners-2490674.aspx

I thought this was interesting when you consider how poorly we polled in the supporter one - though that may well have been skewed by disgruntled binners/others having a whinge about our entry prices (we were 7th in the PL list last season).

Undoubtedly the best signing this summer - well done Norwich (AN''s new contract)

Fantastic news

The other thread about us being the top choice for away Directors is also not surprising gived Big D''s reputation for free flowing wine on match days

lake district canary wrote the following post at 16/06/2015 11:34 AM:I hope he is being paid more than our highest paid player, because the players have proved they are not up to the job without someone to kick them up the backside. If the manager is so important, a successful one should be the highest paid person in the club.

-----------------------------------

Can''t tell if you''re be serious or joking considering the recent lecture. Are the players good enough or not? Or only with Neil as manager?

[quote user="mrs miggins"]lake district canary wrote the following post at 16/06/2015 11:34 AM:I hope he is being paid more than our highest paid player, because the players have proved they are not up to the job without someone to kick them up the backside. If the manager is so important, a successful one should be the highest paid person in the club.

-----------------------------------

Can''t tell if you''re be serious or joking considering the recent lecture. Are the players good enough or not? Or only with Neil as manager?[/quote]

The players are good enough under AN but were not under NA or Hughton and without a strong enough manager our squad floundered twice over.   .  That is why a good manager should be rewarded more for success - and definitely more than the players. Players are paid heaps of money and have the ability, but if they can''t do it without a decent manager, then the manager is the most important person and therefore should be paid accordingly.

As the players only perform then when we have a good manager in charge, would it therefore be beneficial to get a few new players to go into the first team? Imagine if we had players who can play well whatever manager we have, and think about how good these players would be under AN''s genius guidance.

[quote user="Canary Dogg"]I wonder why the length of the contract was not disclosed[/quote]Theres no real need to disclose any details, its nobodies business.Especially other clubs''.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Canary Dogg"]I wonder why the length of the contract was not disclosed[/quote]Theres no real need to disclose any details, its nobodies business.Especially other clubs''.[/quote]
Indeed morty, and I am over the moon this business was done nice and neatly. McNally back to his best. [:D]