Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

James McArthur £8m

[quote user="CJRV 2014"]First proper media transfer gossip, thought i would share it (even tho i highly doubt theres any truth in it) Via Greg Bird Dailly Mail Sports Editor

Norwich City are weighing up a £8million bid for influential Crystal Palace midfielder James McArthur via @MailSport #CPFC #NCFC[/quote]I for one hope this is nothing but a rumour - a decent player that offers nothing in the way of diversity to what we already have and way too much expense for a 27 year old who''s possibly peaked as a novelty act in a side that will be relegated next season.One of my fears from the start of Neil''s appointment was his being overly jingoistic and signs are already suggesting that this may be the case. 

[quote user="Ian"]Got it Nicko, in your world a player has a fixed ability and can never improve?

*slow clap*[/quote]

I didn''t actually say that though, did I?

I stand by what I said. Johnson has looked good amongst Championship teams, but I''ve seen no real improvement to his game unfortunately.

I''ve already said I wouldn''t mind keeping him as a squad player anyway. Stop being so menstrual.

[quote user="quentin"][quote user="CJRV 2014"]First proper media transfer gossip, thought i would share it (even tho i highly doubt theres any truth in it) Via Greg Bird Dailly Mail Sports Editor

Norwich City are weighing up a £8million bid for influential Crystal Palace midfielder James McArthur via @MailSport #CPFC #NCFC[/quote]I for one hope this is nothing but a rumour - a decent player that offers nothing in the way of diversity to what we already have and way too much expense for a 27 year old who''s possibly peaked as a novelty act in a side that will be relegated next season.One of my fears from the start of Neil''s appointment was his being overly jingoistic and signs are already suggesting that this may be the case.[/quote]
Not only do I not think that''s true, but even if so i''m a 100 times happier having him in charge than NA!!

BJ is better playing on the left flank.

He sometimes gets over excited and thus he shouldn''t be played in the defensive midfield role. Furthermore his lack of quality regarding passing in the Premiership shouldn''t get quite so exposed if he plays down the left flank.

Playing on the left allows him to get in the opponents box while also helping Olsson.

McArthur for £8m., are you having a giraffe?

I would sign Mulumbu on a free though.

[quote user="Nicko"]

I stand by what I said. Johnson has looked good amongst Championship teams, but I''ve seen no real improvement to his game unfortunately.

[/quote]

Well I think his shooting has improved (and that is not effected by the division you are playing in).

[quote user="Donkey dangler"][quote user="Nicko"]

[/quote]

Well I think his shooting has improved (and that is not effected by the division you are playing in).[/quote]

Or, he''s got more time and space on the ball to have a decent shot.

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="quentin"][quote user="CJRV 2014"]First proper media transfer gossip, thought i would share it (even tho i highly doubt theres any truth in it) Via Greg Bird Dailly Mail Sports Editor

Norwich City are weighing up a £8million bid for influential Crystal Palace midfielder James McArthur via @MailSport #CPFC #NCFC[/quote]I for one hope this is nothing but a rumour - a decent player that offers nothing in the way of diversity to what we already have and way too much expense for a 27 year old who''s possibly peaked as a novelty act in a side that will be relegated next season.One of my fears from the start of Neil''s appointment was his being overly jingoistic and signs are already suggesting that this may be the case.[/quote]
Not only do I not think that''s true, but even if so i''m a 100 times happier having him in charge than NA!!
[/quote]You might think it true if Neil does actually sign Ross McCormack [:P] And wtf have any potential Neil signings or the two he''s already made got to do with Adams?

No doubt he is quality, but my feeling is, "if" we are going to spend GBP8m on a player, it will be a striker and there will only be the one signing with so much transfer fee. Why? because, even working at GBP30k week over three year the total cost with the 8 million would be at least GBP 13m.

Does anybody else get muddled by all these Mcs around at the moment?

James McArthur at Palace, James McCarthy at Everton. Throw in Mick McCarthy (no thanks) at Ipswich and it all becomes very confusing. Surely more so than the multitude of weird foreign names being touted at the moment?

Are they all related in some way?

Who was this Arthur and what exactly did he get up to all those years ago?

Then we have McCormack at Fulham, who has also been touted, and then a few others dotted throughout the game.

McCarthy''s Bar was a good read though.

Anyone else looking forward to Vadis getting some game time in preseason so we can actually see if he is any good? If he stays fit and with already signing Dorrans we may not need to be looking at strengthening the centre mid positions.