Sign in to follow this  
Jim Smith

Mulumbu

[quote user="bristolcanary"]Why have West Brom released him?[/quote]

Dunno.

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=550&fid=255&sty=2&act=1&mid=2110010962#hufuKfXWCki2Gzlf.97

What a fantastic signing he would be! I really hope it''s true! The perfect Tettey compliment even if he''s not the tallest. Our Centre Mid options will look great if we pull this one off.

Would definitely take him on a free.

However, think the the quality is with Claudio Yacob. Who is also out of contract, but will probably sign.

Sure up the midfield with a free transfer in Mulumbu. Go all out for a quality centre back and striker.

He seems to have changed his mind somewhat.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/west-broms-youssouf-mulumbu-wants-2867181

I would love this signing, but put in doubt by the above, yet I cannot see a Champions League club wanting him. Not in England, at least.

Sorry. I seem to be running into these problems of late with links.

Basically it says that the player feels that he has gone as far as he can with WBA and is now seeking a more "classy" club with a view to either Europa or Champions League experience.

(Google: Mulumbu WBA) Brief article and I''ve summed it up fully.

From an impartial point of view, it does seem like a strange move for the player to want to make. Not even sideways.

Back to the question about why he is leaving WBA. No conspiracy theories needed though as it all seems above board.

Well he didn''t get the move then and perhaps those clubs aren''t interested now? Perhaps his stock has fallen after falling out of favour last season?

I''d imagine if we do get him, his wages won''t be small. Wouldn''t bet against us paying £50k a week for his services.

[quote user="Nicko"]That was written 3 years ago.[/quote]

30/1/2013.

Not three years, but clearly long enough ago for him to lower his sights.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Nicko"]That was written 3 years ago.[/quote]A bit under two years ago, but the point remains.[/quote]That was ambiguous. By "the point remains" I meant to indicate that is an old article and so not necessarily at all relevant to the here and now. Not that Mulumbu probably still wants to play European football.

I just visited a WBA forum to try to get to the bottom of the situation.

No mention of Mulumbu at all, ominous.

I got waylaid by a thread on Graham Dorrans, which begs the question, as to why he is leaving West Brom.

http://westbrom.com/forum/index.php?topic=352.0

There''s some good stuff there about the player.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]I just visited a WBA forum to try to get to the bottom of the situation.

No mention of Mulumbu at all, ominous

I got waylaid by a thread on Graham Dorrans, which begs the question, as to why he is leaving West Brom.

There''s some good stuff there about the player.[/quote]You missed this, Broadstairs!I wish Mulumbu all the best. Always liked him but this was simply the

best decision for the club. Youssuf hasn''t been close to the levels of

his RdM days or early Clarke days for a long, long time now. Instead of

improving and getting into his peak he has been steadily declining, add

his fat contract and it''s clear this was the right decision.

WBA supporter via PC:-

"Always liked him but this was simply the

best decision for the club. Youssuf hasn''t been close to the levels of

his RdM days or early Clarke days for a long, long time now. Instead of improving and getting into his peak he has been steadily declining, add his fat contract and it''s clear this was the right decision."

Not encouraging, there''s no bullshine in those Black Country boys, they say it as they see it. Align this with the fact that he has been sidelined of late and I would hope that, at least, he is not to be on mega-bucks.

This fan''s comments have taken the gloss off what was seemingly an excellent move by NCFC.

Just saw a West Brom fan on twitter saying he would be a great signing for us, but doubts he would sign for Norwich.I guess implying that he considers the player to be too good for us.

A move for Mulumbu may well be the best for all concerned, including the player and AN would almost certainly get the best out of him again.  As for him wanting Europa or Champions League - it''s always good to aim for the top - but whether any of the top teams would want him is open to question and he may realise his best move is a fresh start to a club like ours, with one of the best managers in the UK.  

LDC wrote:-

"A move for Mulumbu may well be the best for all concerned, including the player and AN would almost certainly get the best out of him again.  As for him wanting Europa or Champions League - it''s always good to aim for the top - but whether any of the top teams would want him is open to question and he may realise his best move is a fresh start to a club like ours, with one of the best managers in the UK."  

Hang on LDC, let''s not put our Alex on too a high a pedestal just yet.

Although we have no reason to doubt the man''s ability, it is early days for him and beside this is all too reminiscent of binland talk relating to Merlin Mick McCarthy down the road.

They firmly believe that MM has that magic touch and can therefore turn any pig''s ear into a silk purse, whilst conveniently forgetting his numerous failures at Portman Road. Frank Nouble stands out.

It is good to have such faith in our man, but let''s see how he gets on when confronted with some of the bigger egos in the game. Mulumbu might well be one of them.

I suspect he''ll take control and if they try it on they might well discover that a Glasgow kiss has nothing to do with the lips.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]LDC wrote:-

"A move for Mulumbu may well be the best for all concerned, including the player and AN would almost certainly get the best out of him again.  As for him wanting Europa or Champions League - it''s always good to aim for the top - but whether any of the top teams would want him is open to question and he may realise his best move is a fresh start to a club like ours, with one of the best managers in the UK."  

Hang on LDC, let''s not put our Alex on too a high a pedestal just yet.

Although we have no reason to doubt the man''s ability, it is early days for him and beside this is all too reminiscent of binland talk relating to Merlin Mick McCarthy down the road.

They firmly believe that MM has that magic touch and can therefore turn any pig''s ear into a silk purse, whilst conveniently forgetting his numerous failures at Portman Road. Frank Nouble stands out.

It is good to have such faith in our man, but let''s see how he gets on when confronted with some of the bigger egos in the game. Mulumbu might well be one of them.

I suspect he''ll take control and if they try it on they might well discover that a Glasgow kiss has nothing to do with the lips.[/quote]

He has already proved himself  imo and he will not be phased by big egos.  Also, any player we interview with a view to transferring to us, will get the message that the first requirement is total committement, desire and workrate and anything less won''t be tolerated.  If that puts any of the big ego type players.....good......and if he does have any trouble on that front (which I doubt) I suspect the player concerned would either have to toe the line or be kicked out.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]I just visited a WBA forum to try to get to the bottom of the situation.

No mention of Mulumbu at all, ominous.

There''s some good stuff there about the player.[/quote]

No mention at all apart from this 18 page thread?

http://westbrom.com/forum/index.php?topic=693.0

General consensus is an excellent player who has perhaps not been at his best under their last two managers but who they all think could be excellent if he gets a fresh start somewhere and recaptures his form of 18 months ago.

[quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"]If this is true - one point remains. We have too many central midfielders. Who will be on the way out. O''niel? VOO? Andreu? All of the above?[/quote]

I don''t see Andreu going, purely because it would embarrass Neil too much. I think he''ll give him the season at least.

Working on the basis that we''ll keep the starting 11 from Wembley + Dorrans, Grabban and Andreu. Based on McNally''s interview this morning, six players coming in seems a fair estimate. So Vadis would be fighting with Hooper, Ryan Bennett, Elliot Bennett, Declan Rudd(or keeper 3) for those final five slots in the 25.

But I''d definitely see O''Neil joining RVW, Turner and Lafferty on the way out.