Sign in to follow this  
Lessingham Canary

Graham Dorrans

Now we have signed Dorrans there still seems to be a level of uncertainty amongst our fans about him.

The attached link shows he created more chances than any other WBA player, and generally their fans were sorry to lose him.

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015/05/28/west-brom-fans-react-on-twitter-to-graham-dorrans-move-to-norwic/

He has been top notch for us and is a great signing. I am sure we will see more of him next season as he shows that little extra touch of class.

Can see him being given a Wes sort of role a lot more next year. Personally think he''ll be pushed up further and we will sign another big CM to put next to Tettey.

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]For what its worth, I believe he is one of the best passers of the ball we have and will be a great asset going forward.[/quote]

Yep he is, and forms a good understanding with Howson and Hoolahan.

the three of them we''re superb against forest earlier in the season where they passed the ball for fun.

This will upset a few. I personally prefer him to Hoolahan. Far more direct and looks comfortable on the ball. Does not faf around like Wes and lose possession so much. Goal ratio far better.

Terrific player who is good on the ball, very composed, can play in any position in the midfield, and very valuable premiership experience.

Maybe it`s all been a bit low-key but me and my City-supporting friends are ecstatic to have signed him. A very "Norwich-type" player- excellent passer, good technique, dependable, adaptable and apparently an intelligent and decent chap to boot.

[quote user="vos"]This will upset a few. I personally prefer him to Hoolahan. Far more direct and looks comfortable on the ball. Does not faf around like Wes and lose possession so much. Goal ratio far better.[/quote]

You must have missed Wes''s 100% pass completion rate on Monday.

Wes rarely loses possession. And I''m sure Wes''s goal ration is higher too.

Exactly the sort of player we need to establish the new ethos. A no-nonsence-workhorse who wears his balls on his sleeve each and every time. I remember when I used to drink in the Rose Tavern, an unassuming Rob Green would often be in the corner quietly playing the fruity. Dorrens is from the same mould. I could imagine the ever-approachable and down to earth Dorrens spending his Sunday afternoon down longwater, doing a shop in Sainsbury’s then popping into the range to look at homeware, candles, soft furnishings etc.

Wes losing possession and pass completion rates, are two different things

Agree with Dorrans quality, he will be a very useful player for us next season

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]Wes losing possession and pass completion rates, are two different things

Agree with Dorrans quality, he will be a very useful player for us next season[/quote]

Not always. A miss placed pass affects pass completion and results in losing possession. they are quite often intrinsically linked.

[quote user="vos"]This will upset a few. I personally prefer him to Hoolahan. Far more direct and looks comfortable on the ball. Does not faf around like Wes and lose possession so much. Goal ratio far better.[/quote]

Completely agree

Dorrans also doesn''t create as many chances or pick up as many assists as Wes.

They are both good players though who will provide different things in the next season. Dorrans can sit deeper and provide a platform to build off, Wes can create something out of nothing in the final third.

We could do a lot worse than getting him to pick up the phone and call his mate Mulumbu to tell him to get to Norwich as well. He''d cover that spare Tettey role very nicely. I am surprised he''s been released.

Wes and Dorrans are very different- Wes can beat a man with a bit of skill or dribble past defenders but Dorrans has a better range of passing and is less prone to faff. I wonder if next season the 4-1-4-1 might have Tettey, Dorrans and Howson in the middle rather than Wes but both can do well for us next year.

Dorrans is an attacking midfielder yet it''s hard to compare him to hoolahan because he was placed in that somewhat defensive role in a pretty smart move by Neil. Identified we needed someone to spread the play from the base of midfield and he did a great job when called upon. Personal preference I prefer howson playing behind the striker I think he''s one of the best we''ve had but everyone watches different games of football and entitled to own opinions/ideas!

Hoolahan is the first name on the teamsheet if we''re going to dictate the play/dominate the game. However, when playing that 4411 formation in the premier league in previous years he goes searching for the ball, and when we''re up against it against the top sides the striker becomes isolated. Fully expect hoolahan to have a big role to play but wouldn''t surprise me if dorrans/howson are used in a more attacking role of a 451 to add extra stability to the side

"We could do a lot worse than getting him to pick up the phone and call his mate Mulumbu to tell him to get to Norwich as well. He''d cover that spare Tettey role very nicely. I am surprised he''s been released."

Good work Dozza!

Completely agree.