Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Preseason Schedule

Any news on when this will start and who we''ll be playing? I wonder if Alex Neil is a "Tough tour round Scotland" type of guy or a "team building in LA" type of guy?

Very few managers are a ''team building in LA'' guy - those guys are much more based in the marketing department.

I would imagine any tours of America etc would have been announced by now due to the logistical issues. One of the Brentford directors said they were likely to play Norwich at Carrow Road on August 1st so that''s a date for the diary.

Hopefully Norwich can rearrange a game against the Italians they beat 13-0 last summer. If they even know who they were...

Neither did they! We do need another Braintree type game for Ricky to remember where the net is though. Perhaps we could make out like Braintree are a decent league side as well to any foreign scouts that may be keeping an eye?

I would imagine that it is very likely we will play Hamilton and thus a wee Scottish tour is probable, Celtic would be good. If Brentford are on the agenda maybe a couple of English games too. But it seems unlikely there will be anything more exotic.

The season starts in 9 weeks from Saturday - a very short pre-season period considering some players are off on international duty for another couple of weeks.

August 1st would be the last pre-season friendly for both Norwich and Brentford as the Premier League and Football League kick off on the same day this year. Norwich normally try and get a bigger club for the last game so will be interesting to see if that does happen.

Wouldn''t be surprised if the team go off to Europe somewhere, these things are often organised a long time in advance and Ricky Martin is probably in charge of this kind of thing in his role as Technical Director.

Team build shouldn''t be a massive priority this summer as I can''t see a huge amount of new players coming in. But getting away for a week or two is usually preferred by the clubs to keep players focused.

Nice tour of Prague, playing Dukla, Slavia & Sparta would be fantastic.......love Prague.

Likely to be Scotland isn''t it!

Its an interesting point that we have essentially two or three weeks less than the other promoted sides to prepare for the new season.Not ideal.

would think a 3 game visit to Scotland is favourite (I would be happy if it was Hamilton, Hearts and Celtic) then back for Barcelona at Carrow Rd, or a nice European side at least to finish, but not long so hope we hear something soon.

Whilst Brentford wouldn''t be as popular for the fans as a "nice European side", for the team I''m sure it would be a much better test the week before the start of the season!

I thought Hamilton had said the friendly is unlikely due to logistical reasons with it being short notice?

I''d have thought that like the transfer deals, we''ll have planned some of the schedule before the playoffs anyway, but maybe had a couple of plans ready to push the big red button on come the end of the playoffs?

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Very few managers are a ''team building in LA'' guy - those guys are much more based in the marketing department.

I would imagine any tours of America etc would have been announced by now due to the logistical issues. One of the Brentford directors said they were likely to play Norwich at Carrow Road on August 1st so that''s a date for the diary.

Hopefully Norwich can rearrange a game against the Italians they beat 13-0 last summer. If they even know who they were...[/quote]agreed that anything like a US tour would of been announced by now, which is sad, as I''ll be around in NYC a few times this summer and would of liked to of caught a game against one of their (three?) teams

[quote user="Canary Dogg"]Hoping for a glamour tie with Lowestoft or Gorleston[/quote]

Was it Bungay who gave away free mushrooms??    Right up your waveney valley

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"][quote user="Canary Dogg"]Hoping for a glamour tie with Lowestoft or Gorleston[/quote]

Was it Bungay who gave away free mushrooms??    Right up your waveney valley
[/quote]

And very nice they were to. Always a good atmosphere when they play a local team especially in one of the more fanatical parts of the region

[quote user="Indy"]Nice tour of Prague, playing Dukla, Slavia & Sparta would be fantastic.......love Prague.

Likely to be Scotland isn''t it![/quote]

Prague? I wonder why Indy

I''d say Aberdeen, Celtic, Hibs/Hearts would be alright warm up games, but I reckon its not going to be a Scottish pre-season as I think we will would want to play more local teams and a short trip abroad with a better climate. So random though, France.

Last 4 pre seasons have seen European opposition at Carrow Road, i would be surprised if there was not at least one overseas side this year and possibly a Scottish one too

Fairly low key preseason there so far. I presume the training camp will be abroad somewhere and will be the two weeks before the first friendly

Over recent seasons i have gone to quite a few of the home friendlies which have been quite entertaining and a chance to see different sides eg Celtic, Ajax etc etc. west ham and Brentford do not seem to have the same pull so i will probably give it a miss this year. Of course the real deal begins when the season proper starts but a shame not to have a tastiet tie or even the likes of cambridge at home

Herman wrote the following post at 08/06/2015 6:36 PM:

Hitchin as well. We both might be able to get to a game Waveney.

Hope you''ll be getting behind the Canaries Herman!😄