Sign in to follow this  
Bethnal Yellow and Green

Alireza Jahanbakhsh

If the fee is £1.4m as being reported I would still want Norwich to go for him. Even if he doesn''t make a massive impact, they could probably recoup that money and make a profit on someone who is very highly regarded in Holland and Iran.

Norwich could do with a left winger and this guy can play there very comfortably, and if God forbid, Redmond were to pick up and injury Norwich would be left with Bennett being the only experienced winger at the club.

It may only be £1.4m, but we threw that sort of money away last year on people like Miquel and McGrandles. I''d rather we saved our money and went for real quality if it''s available. I wouldn''t be keen on us signing this guy unless we are 100% convinced he can do a job at premiership level. I''s a massive leap from div 2 of Holland to the premiership!

I suspect as you did that he was on our plan B list and we''ve now got the funds to go plan A shopping.

dont know why anyone bothered with that non league then english 3rd division charlie austin - whatever became of him?

Tbf, QPR bought Austin in as a proven Championship striker whilst in the championship. Swindon were the ones who took him from non-league and took the biggest relative gamble.

Just going to bring this one back as the latest news is he has turned down Brighton as he wants to play in a higher league.

Still think it would be a good deal for the £1.4m asking price - fingers crossed something eventually happens on this one.

For that kind of £, he''d not be that big a gamble for a PL side - I guess the question is whether he''s considered up to it; new marketing opportunities or not, there''s not much point getting in a guy just for the sake of it

For that kind of £, he''d not be that big a gamble for a PL side - I guess the question is whether he''s considered up to it; new marketing opportunities or not, there''s not much point getting in a guy just for the sake of it

Not sure there would be much to gain from marketing in Iran, but he has been highly regarded for a couple of seasons in Holland.

Whether he has the ability to produce in the Premier League is the big question though (there might also be a bit of work permit hubbub with him aswell).

Maybe we can also bring in a couple of Ayatollahs and a hundred or so fully trained Iranian "stewards". They are brilliant at crowd control and making sure everyone is on message. Imagine all 27,000 at CR singing OTBC in unison for the full 90 minutes ............