Sign in to follow this  
Bethnal Yellow and Green

Alireza Jahanbakhsh

As no one else has mentioned it thought I would.

Dutch media is linking Norwich with the Iranian winger Alireza Jahanbakhsh. He was the player of the season in the Dutch 2nd tier and young player of the season in the first division the previous season.

Norwich have an excellent record with players with long, complicated names from the Low Countries so I can''t see what could possibly go wrong with this.

http://www.vi.nl/nieuws/gepromoveerd-norwich-aast-op-necvedette-jahanbakhsh.htm

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]As no one else has mentioned it thought I would.

Dutch media is linking Norwich with the Iranian winger Alireza Jahanbakhsh. He was the player of the season in the Dutch 2nd tier and young player of the season in the first division the previous season.

Norwich have an excellent record with players with long, complicated names from the Low Countries so I can''t see what could possibly go wrong with this.

http://www.vi.nl/nieuws/gepromoveerd-norwich-aast-op-necvedette-jahanbakhsh.htm[/quote]Another young winger though?

A little tongue in cheek - but he has been marked out as a ''rising star'' in Holland and Iran.

Norwich have been linked with a lot of players in Holland and Belgium in recent years (many with accuracy) so I take them all with a pinch of salt.

Norwich could do with another winger though, especially one who plays on the left as Jahanbakhsh can do. One of the big disappointments of the season (maybe the only one) was the fact that neither Murphy could show signs they can step up yet. They both need full seasons on loan to the Championship.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]A little tongue in cheek - but he has been marked out as a ''rising star'' in Holland and Iran.

Norwich have been linked with a lot of players in Holland and Belgium in recent years (many with accuracy) so I take them all with a pinch of salt.

Norwich could do with another winger though, especially one who plays on the left as Jahanbakhsh can do. One of the big disappointments of the season (maybe the only one) was the fact that neither Murphy could show signs they can step up yet. They both need full seasons on loan to the Championship.[/quote]Yeah, agree on the last bit, though it is a shame that we don''t look to our own players first.

Think Josh Murphy was definitely looked at, and probably not quite ready. He managed 1 start and 13 odd sub appearances under Adams - but never really showed much. Was dropped pretty soon at Wigan also. Jacob has done well in his League One spells, and was alright at Blackpool (until making a social media boo-boo).

Not sure what the future holds for either of them

I agree we have looked at our own and they just are not, yet, ready.

They do need to play competitive football and a season long loan to a champ side is what is needed for them both - prob a mid or lower table side where a season of 30-40 matches competing for places will improve them markedly - any of the promoted teams would be ok.

We do need a wide left option - some experienced preferred.

[quote] user="Bradley Johnson''s left foot"]

Ideally you''d like to see the Murphy twins have a full season on loan at a Championship team. Difficult to judge them on their limited appearances so far. Lots of potential though!

[/quote]

Or maybe a season long loan at a SPFL team that rhymes with chemicals?

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

[quote] user="Bradley Johnson''s left foot"]

Ideally you''d like to see the Murphy twins have a full season on loan at a Championship team. Difficult to judge them on their limited appearances so far. Lots of potential though!

[/quote]

Or maybe a season long loan at a SPFL team that rhymes with chemicals?

[/quote]

Tough one to call as to whether they would develop more as footballers in the SPL or the Championship. Personally I would like to see them join Championship teams on loan.

BJLF "Tough one to call as to whether they would develop more as footballers in the SPL or the Championship. Personally I would like to see them join Championship teams on loan. "

Agreed, do you think it may be more about the management of the club they are placed at and the way they are developed and asked to play.

This maybe more important than whether it''s Scotland or the Chump?

Alongside the same lines: a punt for Balazs Dzsudzsak would make sense, lovely unpronounceable name, ex-PSV (Dutch connection!). More importantly, he''s a left-footed left winger, technical, reasonably pacy, good crosser and great on dead balls. Has only 6 months left on his contract with Dynamo Moscow, which means that an offer of around 5m might beat Lazio''s bid with whom he seems to be linked currently.

[quote user="Herman "]People couldn''t even spell the simple name of Hughton........[/quote]Its علیرضا جهانبخش‎ ,  even I can spell that.

[quote user="Herman "]People couldn''t even spell the simple name of Hughton........[/quote]

Half of Norfolk couldn''t even pronounce his name it used to drive me nuts people calling him oooton

Checked him out on Youtube (yeah I know) and he has a lot of raw talent.Think Adel Tarraabt without the attitude and add in a team and work ethic, great shot and can really whip in a cross.Not just a winger, looks like he could play along the front line19 assists and 13 goals in 31 games this season I would not be unhappy if we had a small punt on him

Just seen a video clip - looks very impressive! Deadly crossing - and can finish with a wide variety of skills too.

Seems to have much of what you''d seek in that position...

In the Dutch 2nd tier...

I saw him at bit at the Asian Cup and he didn''t look great there. Could be a bit like Mahrez at Leicester, good in fits and starts but horribly inconsistent.

Also he''s pretty right footed, so would be an ''inverted winger'' on the left and I remember how much everyone loved that last time Norwich were in the Prem...

Brighton have agreed a fee with NEC. Apparently.[url]http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/13313192.Albion_bidding_to_sign_Iran_World_Cup_winger/[/url]

I do wonder if this was a name on the Plan B (Operation Championship Take II) list, rather that the Plan A (Premier Ahoy-hoy) list.

Jahanbakhsh''s agent also said there were talks with Celtic, PSV and AZ, so I wonder if he is pimping him around to everyone at the moment to see who makes the best offer.

Funny how as the time gets closer to making a decision, his agent manages to get the story in the media

''Last call, any more takers''?

What should we do about Elliott? I like him but will he be happy playing a tiny bit part? Or is it best to let him go to get first team football somewhere else?

Good question Herman.

Not sure about Bennett, as for him to be in the Premier League squad this season, then he has to produce form/consistency/class/levels etc, that I would say his game has yet to reach in his career.

Last season he was on loan at Brighton, but obviously AN has seen something in him, to bring him back into the matchday squads.

What do you consider his beat position? Out and out winger? Right back has been mooted before

The best game he played (Swansea?) he was more centrally placed, but as we have plenty of guys in that position he still wouldn''t get much of a shout. Right back wouldn''t be a bad call, he is capable there, maybe a wing-back, if Alex thinks about using a system that allows it.

I think the sad thing with Elliot is he would be happy playing a "bit" part, he is a great ambassador for the club, does well when comes on, going to be an interesting one.

The fact Brighton are in for him suggests this may be a chap we''ve been keeping an eye on for a while, possibly even whilst Hughton was at the club.

I wouldn''t be adverse to us taking a punt on him for a modest fee but to be honest we''ve got the Murphy''s and its really 2 or 3 established players who can make a difference to the starting 11 I think we need this summer.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]I do wonder if this was a name on the Plan B (Operation Championship Take II) list.[/quote]I had come to a similar conclusion,  wondering if he was a cost effective redmond replacement if he headed to Liverpool,  being half the likely cost of Gray from Birmingham yet having wider experience.