Sign in to follow this  
Big Vince

McNasty At All Times

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I see striking parallels between the thinking of Big Vin and little newt compared to that of the binners.

Big Vin and little newt are stuck in a timewarp of the worst Smith & Jones years while the binners are stuck in a timewarp of when they were a half decent side. Big Vin and little newt are in denial about the present state of our club. The binners are in denial about the present state of theirs. If they could bring themselves to be honest Big Vin and little newt would admit that overall we are a successful club and have been for the vast majority of the last 17 years. If the binners could bring themselves to be honest they would admit they are total garbage and a basket case of a club and have been for the vast majority of the last 17 years.

Maybe there''s another connection?

[/quote]Nutty, I wouldn''t know if their true allegiance is not to Norwich City but to another club. But if it is, and 17 years is significant, perhaps they are Nottingham Forest supporters? A club by pretty much any measure bigger than Norwich City, winners of the European Cup twice, league and cup winners, but about to start their 17th season out of the Premier League - and that includes three seasons in the third tier...

Yeah I wonder.

It does make me wonder what would please some posters, we had an amazing climax to an up and down season and a day that I''ll never forget, yet some still want to bang on about negative stuff.

Also amazes me how informed some of the posters are, they certainly seem to know a lot of facts about who said/does what and who makes the decisions.

I''m not a happy clapper but as I still watch the play off final and get one hell of a buzz in doing so, for now I''m going to carry on living in my happy fan bubble until there is something that is actually tangible to express my concerns over?!

PurpleCanary wrote the following post at 18/06/2015 10:00 PM:

nutty nigel wrote:

I see striking parallels between the thinking of Big Vin and little newt compared to that of the binners.

Big Vin and little newt are stuck in a timewarp of the worst Smith & Jones years while the binners are stuck in a timewarp of when they were a half decent side. Big Vin and little newt are in denial about the present state of our club. The binners are in denial about the present state of theirs. If they could bring themselves to be honest Big Vin and little newt would admit that overall we are a successful club and have been for the vast majority of the last 17 years. If the binners could bring themselves to be honest they would admit they are total garbage and a basket case of a club and have been for the vast majority of the last 17 years.

Maybe there''s another connection?

Nutty, I wouldn''t know if their true allegiance is not to Norwich City but to another club. But if it is, and 17 years is significant, perhaps they are Nottingham Forest supporters? A club by pretty much any measure bigger than Norwich City, winners of the European Cup twice, league and cup winners, but about to start their 17th season out of the Premier League - and that includes three seasons in the third tier...

Purple you continue to pontificate and spout utter tripe

In an earlier post you agreed with the facts that me & Big V were quoting and now you are distancing yourself from that very post to placate the sad Trolls that haunt this board (whoi basically dont know what they are talking about)

As I said before you jump ship faster than the 1st class passengers on the Titanic - grow a pair bud

All we are saying is Delia or no Delia the football business acumen at the club and the success that it has brought centers round one man and the current board need to take further steps to ensure we are not left exposed if he leaves, after all he is only a paid employee

Suggestion - if Delia & Co really love Norwich and are not interested in cashing in there shareholding - transfer some to David McN as a bonus for what he has achieved (we were going south without him as the facts prove - which you agreed with) we need to tie him in too Norwich

If you had a choice who would you prefer at the helm Delia & Co Or David Mc ?

I''m still waiting to hear what your long-term masterplan is Newton...[;)]

Is this the same McNally you said was only in it for the cash and his bonus on your now infamous/legendary "We got no cash" thread (and I quote "All that McNally bothered about is the cash & his bonus" ???[:O]

Apples

"If you had a choice who would you prefer at the helm Delia & Co Or David Mc ?"

That''s easy, the ones who are going to live forever, continuity in football is a good thing.

The Purple Canary is incorrect.

Mr Chase stepped down in the first week of May, 1996.

Barry Lockwood invited Delia and Wynnie onto the Board in June 1996. They joined the financial firefight with him; and that included Martin Armstrong and Gordon Bennett too.

Delia and Wynnie acquired Mr Watling''s shares in December 1996 and at that point they owned the club.

Therefore, there are 2 periods in question, not 3.

1996 to 2009 (pre McNasty)

2009 to present (McNasty)

The whole of the first period saw utter mediocrity bar one season. Poor league form and very poor

cup form. Blarneymeister appointment........

[quote user="Big Vince"]Delia and Wynnie acquired Mr Watling''s shares in December 1996 and at that point they owned the club.[/quote]So, how much did Watling wallet Vinnie?

[quote user="Big Vince"]The Purple Canary is incorrect.

Barry Lockwood invited Delia and Wynnie onto the Board in June 1996. They joined the financial firefight with him; and that included Martin Armstrong and Gordon Bennett too.

Delia and Wynnie acquired Mr Watling''s shares in December 1996 and at that point they owned the club.

The whole of the first period saw utter mediocrity bar one season. Poor league form and very poor

cup form. Blarneymeister appointment........[/quote]I am going by the Canary Citizens book, which is as close to an official history of the club that I know. That has Smith and Jones joining the board in November 1996, with Watling saying then he intended to hold on to his shares for the time being. According to Canary Citizens Watling then sold his shares to S&J a year later, in or around November 1997. If that is correct then that was when S&J became owners.

Mr Chase trousered £600,000 for the same shares when sold to Mr Watling earlier that year.

Delia and Wynnie are much more secretive. They are partial to the phrase: UNDISCLOSED.

Draw your own conclusion.............

Big Vince is going by actual press releases at the time.............

The book is incorrect.

Now Big Vince really has spoken................

FenwayFrank wrote the following post at 19/06/2015 9:23 AM:

I think we''re still waiting for an explanation on the Dean Ashton comment too

FF Who made this comment - are you inferring I did ? - Because I never have ?

Keep taking the tablets along with some of the other deluded posters on this thread - you need to increase the dose

It was Big Vince who pointed out that Dean Ashton received £400,000 to have his registration transferred to West Ham United Football Club.

If you want further details, write to Mr Doomcaster at the SFA. He handled the shameful bung..........

Or you can try Delia and Wynnie, but they won''t answer.

UNDISCLOSED is the stock reply...............

[quote user="Big Vince"]Mr Chase trousered £600,000 for the same shares when sold to Mr Watling earlier that year.

Delia and Wynnie are much more secretive. They are partial to the phrase: UNDISCLOSED.

Draw your own conclusion.............[/quote]Doh Vinnie, you disappoint me, I thought you of all the people would know how much D&M paid Watling for his shares.It seems you don''t know any more than the rest of us. [:(]

[quote user="Big Vince"]Big Vince is going by actual press releases at the time.............

The book is incorrect.

Now Big Vince really has spoken................[/quote]Well, the Canary Citizens book gives the actual date for Smith and Jones et all becoming directors, and it is November 28, 1996. And I found this on the internet:
Delia Smith and Michael Wynn Jones announced as directors
28 November 1996
Delia

Smith, Michael Wynn Jones, Michael Foulger, and Barry Skipper are

announced as new Directors of Norwich City Football Club.

So you will forgive me for remaining dubious about your claim that your dates are right and Canary Citizens is wrong. In any event, even if your dates were right, it would only add one season to the time during which S&J have been owners.

A quick aside re Ashton.

It is very common for clubs to give an outgoing player a significant sum of money. Tied into player''s contracts is the ''loyalty bonus'' - this is a sum of money agreed at the beginning of the contract which is paid in monthly instalments to the player as long as he doesn''t put in a transfer request. If a player is sold midway through a contract the remaining sum of money unpaid is given to the player as a lump sum. Ashton never submitted a transfer request so would have been entitled to his ''loyalty bonus''.

The name of said bonus always struck me as fairly ironic, but it does explain why players aren''t constant submitting transfer request and forcing moves.

Any payment Norwich were required to make Ashton would have been considered in the agreed transfer price with West Ham.

The thing is Bethnal that I''d like to believe you but until Big Vince lets us know we''ll have to class your reply as speculation.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Big Vince"]The Purple Canary is incorrect.

cup form. Blarneymeister appointment........[/quote]I am going by the Canary Citizens book, which is as close to an official history of the club that I know. That has Smith and Jones joining the board in November 1996, with Watling saying then he intended to hold on to his shares for the time being. According to Canary Citizens Watling then sold his shares to S&J a year later, in or around November 1997. If that is correct then that was when S&J became owners[/quote]December 23, 1997

DELIA SMITH BUYS A SLICE OF NORWICH CITY

BYLINE: PHILIP DELVES BROUGHTON

WHILE the rest of the country turns to her Christmas recipes, Delia

Smith has given herself a non-culinary treat: a plump shareholding in

Norwich City Football Club.

She and her husband, Michael Wynn Jones, a publisher, have bought 42

per cent of the shares in the club.They bought their shares from Geoffrey Watling,

84, but have no interest in ousting the present chairman, Barry

Lockwood. ''We are not going to go in with all guns blazing, and nothing

like that is on the agenda,'' Mr Wynn Jones said. The plan is to boost

the club''s annual revenues by Pounds 1 million through catering,

sponsorship and commercial activities.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Big Vince"]The Purple Canary is incorrect.

cup form. Blarneymeister appointment........[/quote]I am going by the Canary Citizens book, which is as close to an official history of the club that I know. That has Smith and Jones joining the board in November 1996, with Watling saying then he intended to hold on to his shares for the time being. According to Canary Citizens Watling then sold his shares to S&J a year later, in or around November 1997. If that is correct then that was when S&J became owners[/quote]December 23, 1997

WHILE the rest of the country turns to her Christmas recipes, Delia

Smith has given herself a non-culinary treat: a plump shareholding in

Norwich City Football Club.

She and her husband, Michael Wynn Jones, a publisher, have bought 42

per cent of the shares in the club.They bought their shares from Geoffrey Watling,

84, but have no interest in ousting the present chairman, Barry

Lockwood. ''We are not going to go in with all guns blazing, and nothing

like that is on the agenda,'' Mr Wynn Jones said. The plan is to boost

the club''s annual revenues by Pounds 1 million through catering,

sponsorship and commercial activities. [/quote]Thanks, lapps. It seems as if Big Vince''s "facts" are about as reliable and trustworthy as his opinions.

PurpleCanary wrote the following post at 22/06/2015 2:27 PM:

lappinitup wrote:

PurpleCanary wrote:

Big Vince wrote:

The Purple Canary is incorrect. Mr Chase stepped down in the first week of May, 1996. Barry Lockwood invited Delia and Wynnie onto the Board in June 1996. They joined the financial firefight with him; and that included Martin Armstrong and Gordon Bennett too. Delia and Wynnie acquired Mr Watling''s shares in December 1996 and at that point they owned the club. Therefore, there are 2 periods in question, not 3. 1996 to 2009 (pre McNasty) 2009 to present (McNasty) The whole of the first period saw utter mediocrity bar one season. Poor league form and very poor cup form. Blarneymeister appointment........

I am going by the Canary Citizens book, which is as close to an official history of the club that I know. That has Smith and Jones joining the board in November 1996, with Watling saying then he intended to hold on to his shares for the time being. According to Canary Citizens Watling then sold his shares to S&J a year later, in or around November 1997. If that is correct then that was when S&J became owners

December 23, 1997

WHILE the rest of the country turns to her Christmas recipes, Delia Smith has given herself a non-culinary treat: a plump shareholding in Norwich City Football Club.

She and her husband, Michael Wynn Jones, a publisher, have bought 42 per cent of the shares in the club.

They bought their shares from Geoffrey Watling, 84, but have no interest in ousting the present chairman, Barry Lockwood. ''We are not going to go in with all guns blazing, and nothing like that is on the agenda,'' Mr Wynn Jones said. The plan is to boost the club''s annual revenues by Pounds 1 million through catering, sponsorship and commercial activities.

Thanks, lapps. It seems as if Big Vince''s "facts" are about as reliable and trustworthy as his opinions.

No matter what the posters above say it does not hide the fact that the performance of the club was dire for 12 / 13 years  prior to arrival of David Mc

I do not undertand what the happy clappers above are trying to prove by playing on dates  - but then they are unable to accept the fact that if David had not come along we would have sunk faster than than the Titanic

I have just read the last two or three pages of this thread (I sincerely do not know why!). This Forum seems to be full of people who think they know more than everyone else.

[quote user="Webbo118"]I have just read the last two or three pages of this thread (I sincerely do not know why!). This Forum seems to be full of people who think they know more than everyone else.[/quote]

Do you have any ''facts'' to prove this, perhaps some made up newspaper cuttings or a Vincipedia entry.

[quote user="Webbo118"]I have just read the last two or three pages of this thread (I sincerely do not know why!). This Forum seems to be full of people who think they know more than everyone else.[/quote]

Only "The Inner Circle" know all the facts.[;)]

Listen, the facts contained in Vincipedia are indisputable.

It is the most reliable research tool ever devised.

Now Big Vince really has spoken.

[quote user="Big Vince"]Listen, the facts contained in Vincipedia are indisputable.

It is the most reliable research tool ever devised.

Now Big Vince really has spoken.[/quote]Yep, we''re all agreed. Vince is a tool. [:D]

An oversight has taken place.

Vincipedia was not fed with all the information required in order to compute the actual amount of debt racked up by Delia and Wynnie.

Big Vince failed to add in the Rights Issues that have taken place since Delia and Wynnie came to power. These were largely underwritten by them and enabled them to increase their own shareholding whilst at the same time buying back debt they had racked up.

When Mr Chase stepped down he owned 44,000 shares. Delia and Wynnie acquired these via Mr Watling and bought a further 283,000. If they paid an average of £20 per share for these shares obtained from the Rights Issues, then it means they bought back £5.66 million of club debt.

Having run this new data throught the Vincipedia computer programme, the result is that the total debt racked up by Delia and Wynnie is £15.76 million reduced to £6 million via the River End land sale (£4.1 million) and the debt buy-back (£5.66 million) as above.

What would we do without Vincipedia, eh?

Now the little binnies on here really have got a job on their hands to explain away an eye-watering debt of £15.76 million caused entirely by their little binnie master and mistress.

Now Big Vince really has spoken this time...........

Sadly Vince is going to have to revise his figures again! I have a stack of press releases in front of me which prove Smith and Jones acquired the football club in 1623 and since then have unsuccessfully gambled its funds in the Tulipomania boom and bust of the 1630s, the South Sea Bubble scandal of the 1720s and the 1929 Wall Street Crash.It is hard to give an accurate equivalent for the amount they have cost the club, what with trying to assess the modern value of the 17th-century Dutch guilder, but a rough estimate would be £25bn, or to put it in more easily understood terms, the gross domestic product of Turkmenistan. And that is without factoring in the £25 a share price in the 2004 rights issue...

The Purple Canary is incorrect, except for the South Sea Bubble bit. A Vincipedia search shows that Delia''s ancestors were among those who speculated recklessly..............

Conclusion: Poor judgement is hereditary.

[quote user="Big Vince"]Conclusion: Poor judgement is hereditary.[/quote]

If we consider that your parents decided to have children we can only agree that your conclusion is correct.