Sign in to follow this  
Big Vince

McNasty At All Times

[quote user="Newton"]

TCC

The majority of the summer spend cash wise did not secure promotion, only 2 of the signings were regulers and only 1 started in the play offs or the final - last summers transfers were on the whole a disaster as the Prem League squad got us back up with the addition of 2 x forwards

This statement fails to understand squad dynamics

TCC please expand your interpretation of squad dynamics ?

I would have thought signing 9/10 players over a summer, some for quite sizeable fees and only using 2/3 on a regular basis (a number did not even make the nech) , plus allowing your best Centre Half  to go on loan to a promotion rival, would only have a negative effect on squad dynamics ?

AN commented when he arrived the squad was too large and it did not take him long to :-

Drop both aged Centre Halves (was it 5 or 6 penalties they ghave away)

Get Bassong back in the team

Move Lafferty on

Assess Voos contribution (nil)

Ignore San Miquel

Or was that the ploy at the outset ?

[/quote]

The above post fails to understand that time is a moving concept and decisions made at differing times should be judged in that moment.

TCCANARY wrote the following post at 16/06/2015 1:27 PM:

Newton wrote:

TCC

The majority of the summer spend cash wise did not secure promotion, only 2 of the signings were regulers and only 1 started in the play offs or the final - last summers transfers were on the whole a disaster as the Prem League squad got us back up with the addition of 2 x forwards

I would have thought signing 9/10 players over a summer, some for quite sizeable fees and only using 2/3 on a regular basis (a number did not even make the nech) , plus allowing your best Centre Half  to go on loan to a promotion rival, would only have a negative effect on squad dynamics ?

AN commented when he arrived the squad was too large and it did not take him long to :-

Move Lafferty on

Ignore San Miquel

The above post fails to understand that time is a moving concept and decisions made at differing times should be judged in that moment.

Supurb response TCC - in other words you have no view other than making irrelevant rediculouse statements like the one above - nice one

Next time you have an opinion or something that can be debated , which has a factual content give me a shout, but reading thro some of you past posts I wont hold my breath as it wont be any time soon

Crabbycanary3 wrote the following post at 16/06/2015 1:28 PM:

Newton is entertaining, in as much as how seriously he takes himself and his comments

CC3 See you have joined the Apples, & TCC Troll club as well, nice one

[quote user="Newton"]

TCCANARY wrote the following post at 16/06/2015 1:27 PM:

Newton wrote:

TCC

Move Lafferty on

Ignore San Miquel

Supurb response TCC - in other words you have no view other than making irrelevant rediculouse statements like the one above - nice one

Next time you have an opinion or something that can be debated , which has a factual content give me a shout, but reading thro some of you past posts I wont hold my breath as it wont be any time soon

[/quote]

Next time you have an opinion or something that can be debated , which has a factual content give me a shout

I will if you do it as well.

Newton, you really need to look up what the definition of "Troll" is.I think you may be surprised.

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]Is there a joining fee? Are there monthly meetings?[/quote]First rule of troll club.....

morty wrote the following post at 16/06/2015 1:41 PM:

Newton, you really need to look up what the definition of "Troll" is.

I think you may be surprised.

Thanks Morty - just looked it up (definition below)

You are right the majority of posters above had no intention of commenting on the views in the thread (including mine) but just posted rude & offensive off topic comments

Glad you agree that they fir the Troll label perfectly

Troll is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room)

I think these questions are best addressed to the voices in Newton''s head (although its probably wrapped in tin foil to stop the harmful troll-beams)!!! [;)]

We got no cash...oh wait, we''ve now got tonnes of cash...[:O]

Apples

Bor Bor Bor wrote the following post at 16/06/2015 3:14 PM:

"Just one post on this thread and the Trolls pour out of there burrows"

Yes, some clutching their Guides to Basic English Grammar.

Got another one

Tsk, tsk Newton...Trolls live under bridges, not in burrows (you may be confusing them with hobbits, or badgers, or puffins)...[:D]

I''m currently residing under Acle Bridge [:P]

Apples

[quote user="lappinitup"]https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTAykSBA2L8iBNF1QVN4XsxObgHfsFkr81kxN9XuSAkHVL9dumiEw[/quote]Isaac Newton also said, which might or might not be apposite: If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="lappinitup"]https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTAykSBA2L8iBNF1QVN4XsxObgHfsFkr81kxN9XuSAkHVL9dumiEw[/quote]Isaac Newton also said, which might or might not be apposite: If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.[/quote]PS. Unlikely to be a reference to the Big Vince we all know and, er...

[quote user="Newton"]

TIL 1010 wrote the following post at 16/06/2015 10:25 AM:

Oh and by the way Newton how many more feckin times have you got to be told that the vast majority of the debt was caused by the necessity to demolish and rebuild the South Stand. Totally unavoidable and not down to Delia''s mismanagement of money but then again that does not fit your agenda.

Till this is not correct - the long term loan re the stand rebuild was not the problem as this was being paid down by reciord season ticket sales even when we were in L1

It was the short term debt built up over the years by poor management of the club that was the problem

Dont try and cloud the issue

[/quote]

As much as Big Vince would like to heap all the blame on Delia and Wynnie, let Big Vince set out the facts clearly and fairly regarding the club''s former debt.

When Mr Chase left the club in 1996, the debt position was approximately £6 million. Delia and Wynnie inherited this. The New South Stand (not Jarrold) cost £8.5 million. In the mid-2000s the club entered into two securitisation loan agreements worth £7.5 million each in order to restructure the debt, which included the cost of the new stand and the legacy debt referred to above. By the autumn of 2009 the £15 million debt had increased to over £21 million as a result of all the mistakes Delia and Wynnie made by failing to sack Worthy after the 6-0 shambles in Western London, plus the Grant, Roeder and Gunn shambleses that followed. Throw in Messrs Munby and Doomcaster and you have all the ingredients for an Omni-Shambles that culminated in The Valley.

The seeds of renaissance were sown when the boy Foulger put up £500K to buy the boy Holt. Then McNasty came riding down Carrow Hill in shining armour (but not on a donkey.) Then came Lambert.............

Conclusion: Delia and Wynnie can fairly be blamed for £6 million of the debt, but not the other £15 million.

Big Vince has spoken.

[quote user="Newton"]

TIL 1010 wrote the following post at 16/06/2015 10:25 AM:

Oh and by the way Newton how many more feckin times have you got to be told that the vast majority of the debt was caused by the necessity to demolish and rebuild the South Stand. Totally unavoidable and not down to Delia''s mismanagement of money but then again that does not fit your agenda.

Till this is not correct - the long term loan re the stand rebuild was not the problem as this was being paid down by reciord season ticket sales even when we were in L1

It was the short term debt built up over the years by poor management of the club that was the problem

Dont try and cloud the issue[/quote]

It''s true that having to rebuild the South Stand proved to be a millstone. But what a lot of fans have an issue with is that we never seem to learn from our mistakes, and you can''t explain the implosion caused by appointing Hughton and Adams on debt that had been paid off before their appointments.

The South Stand debt issue is just another of the club''s ''dog ate my homework'' excuses. Even if it has truth to it, it doesn''t fully explain the overall record of the owners which at best is below par. We went from consistently good football to being mostly bad or average.

Things are good at present, with a very good manager pulling the club up by its bootstraps and giving the fans an epic day to remember at Wembley. I expect us to survive in the Premiership next year without having to bite my fingernails. But I''m enough of a realist to realise that things can change very quickly, and then it''s back to watching the board load up the shotgun and line up its foot in the crosshairs.

What a strange collection of posts.Smith & Jones have been majority shareholders since 1998. Since that time we have spent 4 seasons in the PL and are about to embark on a fifth. The debt you guys are trying to hang on them doesn''t exist due to our successes under their watch. We have a fantastic stand where there used to be a ruin and its bought and paid for. As are the facilities inside it including the modern ticket office that coped so well with the recent high demands.the stadium is sold out every week. The Academy is cat one and one of thefinest in the land. In fact I cant find any negatives.

It seems this strange bunch of posters have to go back in time to wallow in negativity. While your there maybe you could dig out the fortunes of other clubs who were around us when Watling sold control to Smith & Jones....