Sign in to follow this  
Big Vince

McNasty At All Times

It is very obvious now that Delia and Wynnie interfered in the running of the football club by blocking the sacking of Chrissy Hughton and then appointing Neil Adams. Recognising they were no good at firing and hiring, they reverted back to McNasty who in turn identified Alex Neil, as with Lambert previously.

You would have thought that Delia and Wynnie would have recognised their shortcomings a very long time ago given the exceptionally long period of mediocrity from 1996 to 2009 - thus leading to the arrival of McNasty in the first place (on the boy Hodgson''s recommendation.)

It was quite galling to see Delia and Wynnie on the Wembley pitch after promotion had been secured as this achievement had absolutely nothing to do with them whatsoever and had everything to do with McNasty.

It should never have come down to the brinkmanship of a Play-Off Final. If Delia and Wynnie had left things to McNasty throughout, we would now be looking at a fifth consecutive season in the PL.

Lessons to be learned, if belatedly..............

Regarding McNasty''s admission the club could have sold 60,000 seats for Wembley, is the planned 35,000 enough for Carrow Road now? Perhaps we should now be planning for over 40,000?

How is it now quite obvious they interfered ? as majority shareholders they have a certain right to "interfere" if so wish. Thought it was great to see them on the pitch, and thanking supporters who had turned up during the dark days and acknowledging the fans.

You must have been there at Wembley, wonder if you were one of those they were thanking ?

30,000 - 33,000 would be plenty for CR as previously well discussed on here.

[quote user="CJRV 2014"]Wind Up ???[/quote]Sadly, I wouldn''t be so sure it is....

Of course Delia and Wynnie only amount to 2 votes so they must have had help...

However if we do have them, and them alone, to thank for the 2 legs against the binners and the Wembley final then I''m feckin grateful because it was my favourite promotion ever....

How was it galling to see the clubs owners on the pitch at Wembley? They had more right than anybody to be on there with their employee''s. As much as it might hurt you we have a lot to thank them for.

[quote user="Big Vince"]It is very obvious now that Delia and Wynnie interfered in the running of the football club by blocking the sacking of Chrissy Hughton and then appointing Neil Adams. Recognising they were no good at firing and hiring, they reverted back to McNasty who in turn identified Alex Neil, as with Lambert previously.[/quote]"What a dreadful run of form our chief executive has had the last 6

months! Prior to the end of last season he was the Messiah II, Lambert

being Messiah I. Now it looks like he just got lucky with Lambert, it

was no midas touch....."
http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/forums/2802430/ShowPost.aspxPoor Vinnie! [:''(]

History is always there to be revised as new information comes to light or new events take place.

Even in the highly unlikely event that McNasty got lucky twice and even allowing for the sticky patch that he had following the contract dispute with Grant Holt, his overall record at the helm is vastly superior to anything that occurred in the period 1996 - 2009 when Delia and Wynnie held full sway over the club.

[quote user="Big Vince"]History is always there to be revised as new information comes to light or new events take place.

Even in the highly unlikely event that McNasty got lucky twice and even allowing for the sticky patch that he had following the contract dispute with Grant Holt, his overall record at the helm is vastly superior to anything that occurred in the period 1996 - 2009 when Delia and Wynnie held full sway over the club.[/quote]Oh, didn''t we have a chief executive then?

Anyone else see the irony in a Binner posting this;

History is always there to be revised as new information comes to light or new events take place.

[quote user="Big Vince"]History is always there to be revised...[/quote]That''s all you lot ever go on about.It''s time you changed the record.....

Let Big Vince make one thing very clear, because he is only going to say it once:

BIG VINCE IS NOT AN IPSWICH TOWN SUPPORTER. NEVER HAS BEEN. NEVER WILL BE.

If you want to go looking for little binnies then you need look no further than the majority shareholder at Norwich City. Ipswich Town supporters have photos of her wearing THEIR shirt in times gone by.......and before that she supported Leeds United Football Club. These are very inconvenient facts that some Norwich City fans simply cannot own up to. If you are going to keep sticking up for this woman then you must all be little binnies yourselves and it is BIG VINCE who is the only true Canary.

Why are you so interested in Ipswich Town? You have just written a big expose on their financial position. BIG VINCE is not at all interested in the state of their finances or the names of their stands.

There are some posters on here who simply cannot stomach any internal criticism of Norwich City, and, by the law of the messageboard jungle, that person HAS, by definition, to be wearing blue and white.

Regarding the point about Delia and Wynnie only having 2 votes on the Board, excuse me, did they not invite all the others onto the Board so that they would vote for them. After all, Stephen Fry''s twitter account is not the real reason he is on the Board.

Regarding the point that Delia and Wynnie (and their henchmen) can do whatever they like with the football club, er, excuse me, they might own Norwich City Football Club Limited, but it is the fans who own Norwich City. Subtle difference.

[quote user="Big Vince"]Why are you so interested in Ipswich Town? You have just written a big expose on their financial position. BIG VINCE is not at all interested in the state of their finances or the names of their stands...[/quote]But you were interested enough to read it........[quote user="Big Vince"]Delia and Wynnie (and their henchmen) can do

whatever they like with the football club, er, excuse me, they might own

Norwich City Football Club Limited, but it is the fans who own Norwich

City.[/quote]The owners and the board THEY appointed have put us in a better position than we have been at any time in our history. What exactly is your problem with them Vinnie?

I have a selection of problems with them...........

One is that they put a clause in the manager''s contract to say that Norwich City MUST get knocked out of the cups at the first or second hurdle. This is WHY Ipswich Town have one more FA Cup than we do.

They have no ambition to win any major trophies at all so therefore Ipswich Town will always be one League Championship and one European trophy ahead of us so long as they hold sway at the club.

Money is supposed to be a means to an end (ie. major trophies) NOT an end in itself, which is the trap that you and many others in the world of modern football have fallen into................

[quote user="Big Vince"]I have a selection of problems with them...........

One is that they put a clause in the manager''s contract to say that Norwich City MUST get knocked out of the cups at the first or second hurdle. This is WHY Ipswich Town have one more FA Cup than we do.

They have no ambition to win any major trophies at all so therefore Ipswich Town will always be one League Championship and one European trophy ahead of us so long as they hold sway at the club.

Money is supposed to be a means to an end (ie. major trophies) NOT an end in itself, which is the trap that you and many others in the world of modern football have fallen into................[/quote]Yeah, thats not actually true, is it Vince?

[quote user="Big Vince"]I have a selection of problems with them........... One is that they put a clause in the manager''s contract to say that Norwich City MUST get knocked out of the cups at the first or second hurdle. This is WHY Ipswich Town have one more FA Cup than we do. They have no ambition to win any major trophies at all so therefore Ipswich Town will always be one League Championship and one European trophy ahead of us so long as they hold sway at the club. Money is supposed to be a means to an end (ie. major trophies) NOT an end in itself, which is the trap that you and many others in the world of modern football have fallen into................[/quote]

Are you just daft?

[quote user="Big Vince"]I have a selection of problems with them........... One is that they put a clause in the manager''s contract to say that Norwich City MUST get knocked out of the cups at the first or second hurdle. This is WHY Ipswich Town have one more FA Cup than we do. They have no ambition to win any major trophies at all so therefore Ipswich Town will always be one League Championship and one European trophy ahead of us so long as they hold sway at the club. Money is supposed to be a means to an end (ie. major trophies) NOT an end in itself, which is the trap that you and many others in the world of modern football have fallen into................[/quote]

I had no idea that 1p5wich have ambition to win major trophies, how''s that going?

Having just carried out due diligence by checking our record for the period 1996 - 2015, I don''t see any major cups won, nor any major cup finals reached, nor any major semi-finals reached.............

Of course the managers have signed cupless contracts..............

Just like the blond who was walking along a deserted beach with a friend. When the friend said, "Look at that dead bird," the blond looked up into the sky.

They walk amongst us.

[quote user="Big Vince"]Having just carried out due diligence by checking our record for the period 1996 - 2015, I don''t see any major cups won, nor any major cup finals reached, nor any major semi-finals reached.............

Of course the managers have signed cupless contracts
..............[/quote]No, they really haven''t.

I just carried out due diligence in checking how many Norwich City managers have killed an Antelope with a bow and arrow, and not a single one has.Another contract clause Vince?

It says a lot about the binners that they were over joyed by holding Norwich to a draw at portaloo road. The only ambition Ipswich have is not to go into administration and bankruptcy so far they are failing as they head fast in this direction

It is when I read threads like this when somebody criticises our majority shareholders, I am reminded of the night we won promotion at Portsmouth.

In his post match interview, Steve Cottrill, the then Pompey manager, had the usual moan about refereeing decisions etc, then went on to say how delighted he was for Delia and everybody, calling them "real football people"

How many other BoDS could this be said about?

[quote user="Big Vince"]Having just carried out due diligence by checking our record for the period 1996 - 2015, I don''t see any major cups won, nor any major cup finals reached, nor any major semi-finals reached............. Of course the managers have signed cupless contracts..............[/quote]

By concentrating on the word ''major'' you give yourself away, these posts could have come straight from TWTD.

Change you name to Bin Vince.