Sign in to follow this  
FatboySlimfast

Surprise Surprise......

You''re right.

I could never see Francis going to Wigan unless there was simply no other option for him. Remains to be seen now whether Pompey will match whatever the bid was that we accepted from Wigan or whether Francis decides to back down and make his peace here. It is all very unsatisfactory though and will remain so for as long as this drags on. I think that by the transfer deadline (if not before), he will be a Pompey player. That could cause it''s own problem for us as I still think that Worthy will try and land Primus as part of the deal and that is a player we do NOT need!

Other than that, roll on Saturday. I''m really looking forward to seeing some of the new signings in action. There has been far too much hype about them when none have kicked a ball in anger for us yet!      

What an top grade idiot. If he can''t agree terms then put him in the reserves until he grows a braincell and decides maybe he should just play his heart out for fans that pay his wages. What an ungrateful wretch, if I had his talent I''d play for Norwich for free regardless of the division.

Right from the start i dont think Damo had any intention of going to Wigan, he just felt obliged to speak to them as they were the only ones to make an acceptable offer. For someone who is desperate to move south the prospect of moving to one of the most northerly clubs in england must be terrifying for the poor lad!!

Providing no-one else comes in for him, if given a straight choice between a year in the prem with wigan or a year in the fizzy with us, im pretty confident that he would choose us everytime.

I would love to see Damo roll his sleeves up, get stuck in and give it his all for us this season. If he does that he will be awesome, sadly I feel that he will mope about and end up in the reserves, drawing a pay cheque most of us can only dream of for doing a job we''d give our right arms to do.

In fairness to him it appears to me that the club agreed to sell him to Wigan. He probably had no say in that and was sent up there to talk terms. He probably did indeed have no intention to move there.

Seems to me that he just wants to go to London or within striking distance of it and probably doesn''t care about too much else.

What a mess.

[quote]In fairness to him it appears to me that the club agreed to sell him to Wigan. He probably had no say in that and was sent up there to talk terms. He probably did indeed have no intention to move ther...[/quote]

Yeah thats precisely whats happened. Unfortuanetly for damo it appears he will end up with us for the season  I just hope he realizes he will have to play well to put himself in the shop window, or at least realize that we were the club that took him from the train wreck known as the MK dons and gave his career a real shot.

I was hoping he''d go. After all he hasn''t done much rolling up of sleeves has he? Even in the games when he did score he still did a fair bit of disappearing.

His heart''s clearly not in it this season and that can''t be good. The money''d be a lot more useful to the club.

Even if he does end up staying I''m sure he''ll go in the January transfer window.  Anyway, I still think it''s likely that he''ll go somewhere - someone desperate will surely come in for him at the last minute.

And good riddance too