Sign in to follow this  
hazza9

A few players who should be looked at.

Weimann also been told he can leave Villa, always played bloody well against us and could be a good addition as far as numbers are concerned.

We have been linked with Weimann before (when it looked like Villa rather than us would go down!) so i''d imagine we might have some old scouting reports to dig out on him.

Another suggestion, given the RvW story on the opening page, Max Gradel? We could lob RvW into a deal to soften the fee a bit and give them some money as well?

Gradel has long been waiting for his stab at the premier league and knows English football well from his time here with Leicester and our reserve team.

Carles Gil has been told to leave. I''d give him another crack I think.

I''d rather we focussed on quality over quantity. We can just find cheap cover to replace Bunn and Garrido, and then I''d say we need five: right back, centre back, midfielder, winger, striker. All five would need to be better than what we have, and players like Lowton and Weimann wouldn''t be, in my opinion.I''d go for:Huth- £2mTrippier- £5mMulumbu- freeSako- freeAustin- £10mThose are obviously ball park figures, but all would be good options and a £17m total outlay is within our reach. There is a good blend of youth and experience, of domestic and overseas talent, and all players are coming from the  English game which would mean they''d integrate faster.The only issue is that we will obviously be competing with quite a few other sides for these. Huth is probably staying at Leicester, and Trippier and Austin will probably go to bigger clubs than us.

I see that Khune the South Africa Keeper is now a free agent. The ultimate in FM2015 signings but perhaps now with Bunn gone, he could be one we could bring in to challenge Ruddy? Bryan Gunn seems strangely close to him on twitter.

[quote user="Tetteys Jig"]I see that Khune the South Africa Keeper is now a free agent. The ultimate in FM2015 signings but perhaps now with Bunn gone, he could be one we could bring in to challenge Ruddy? Bryan Gunn seems strangely close to him on twitter.[/quote]Two very good reasons to stay away- especially the latter. We all remember you-know-who...

Trippier wont be coming here, villa or spurs.

Huth will be going to Leicester.

Sako is rumoured to be wanting £60K+.

Austin will be going to a more established prem club (villa when Benteke goes).

---------------------------------

Matt Lowton

Jordan Rhodes

Dwight Gayle

[quote user="CJRV 2014"]Trippier wont be coming here, villa or spurs.

Huth will be going to Leicester.

Sako is rumoured to be wanting £60K+.

Austin will be going to a more established prem club (villa when Benteke goes).

---------------------------------

Matt Lowton

Jordan Rhodes

Dwight Gayle[/quote]Is Villa really that much more appealing right now? Sure, they''re a bigger club, but the owner is actively looking to leave and isn''t investing any money in the playing squad. That said, I do feel Trippier and Austin will go to bigger clubs than us, but I think we should at least make a serious effort. As for Sako- nobody will pay him £60k. If we''re patient we could get him with a decent signing-on fee.Rhodes wouldn''t be a bad signing. But we could do better than Lowton, and Gayle isn''t any better than what we have.

[quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"][quote user="Tetteys Jig"]I see that Khune the South Africa Keeper is now a free agent. The ultimate in FM2015 signings but perhaps now with Bunn gone, he could be one we could bring in to challenge Ruddy? Bryan Gunn seems strangely close to him on twitter.[/quote]Two very good reasons to stay away- especially the latter. We all remember you-know-who...[/quote]

We do, but it was Gunny who brought potentially our greatest ever signing in too don''t forget.

[quote user="Tetteys Jig"][quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"][quote user="Tetteys Jig"]I see that Khune the South Africa Keeper is now a free agent. The ultimate in FM2015 signings but perhaps now with Bunn gone, he could be one we could bring in to challenge Ruddy? Bryan Gunn seems strangely close to him on twitter.[/quote]Two very good reasons to stay away- especially the latter. We all remember you-know-who...[/quote]

We do, but it was Gunny who brought potentially our greatest ever signing in too don''t forget.[/quote]The difference is though that a southern hemisphere goalkeeper who has never played outside of his home country has far more in common with Theoklitos than Holt.

For me it is crucial we sign Demarai Gray. Young and a rough diamond, and in the same ilk as Redders 2 years ago. Him, Sako, Trippier if possible, Huth, Pritchard, Ince and Bamford. Done. Austin is unrealistic. I''d be delighted with a balance of youth, experience, loans and permanents.

One player we should seriously consider is Zac Clough from Bolton.

Living in Bolton, I had the pleasure of seeing him a few times this season (Next door neighbour gets free tickets) My next door neighbour is not a Bolton fan either!

He said to me "wait till you see this Zac Clough, he is on a different level to the rest of them" this was proved correct at the 2 games I got to see him play.

He has great feet, vision and is to good for the players around him if anything. He can see a pass the others don''t think of, hence they don''t make the run. However if they had....

I can see this lad being one of the next big things in the Prem over the coming years and as such he could give us a couple of exciting seasons and a nice profit at the end.

He would cost a few quid (8-10 million at a guess) however this could be a very shrewd investment. With Bolton in debt they may need to sell. However they will not let go of him easy.

For me this is the type of player we should be looking at along with some cheaper experienced heads still with a point to prove as squad additions.

Go get ZAC!

Zach Clough does look like he has a lot of talent - I don''t think he''d cost so much due to the Derby debt.

However he''s had about 10 senior games so far it would be a big gamble to go in for him so soon. Obviously moving now would probably put Norwich ahead of the game, but I don''t think this summer is the time to be making big gambles - Clough is 20 years old and may not develop much further.

Norwich need to prioritise spending on players who will get 30+ appearances next season (injuries permitting of course) rather than spending a big chunk of the budget on a player who may or may not come good in a couple of season.

Bethnal,

If your good enough your old enough.

This lad is good enough now to demand a place in our team. He is top class and if we don''t move now we are likely to never get the chance. I see a big club purchasing him this year and loaning him back. That old chestnut that the big clubs now do with their pocket money.

We gambled 10 million on the wolf and that failed, so why not on a home grown talent at an age ready to play and make his mark.

I would argue that he is totally the type of player we should be going for. I see him being a Bale size transfer at some point in the next 5 years.

Well that''s a ringing endorsment! £86m for Zach Clough one day?!

Like Bethnal said, i wouldn''t want us gambling too much money on him as I can''t see an obvious opening where he''d get his chance at the moment, he seems more suited to a front two as well.

If we could get him in for a couple of million like we did Redmond then i''d happily have him as a member of our 25 though, i agree he looked pretty sharp against us.

Hang on, i''m getting confused, I meant Tom Walker against us away. He looked quality that day.

Clough has looked decent when i''ve seen him on TV though.

http://www.sportskeeda.com/football/10-free-agents-clubs-target-2015-summer-transfer-window

Gignac would be nice! I dunno if he''s realistic though

Yep i''d take them all. No chance any of them would come here or no way we could afford them. Players like Gignac are available for free so clubs can afford to offer massive wages as theres no transfer fee. Players like Gignac, Ayew, Ings etc are going to be looking at least £50k a week.

Should imagine we will stick to the british market.

Gignac and Ayew are the two most realistic options on that list IMHO, and I''d be happy to see both/either of them here if a sensible deal was available.

If, according to that article, WBA are looking at Gignac then Norwich might indeed have a chance. His age is probably putting off many other teams.

Ayew isn''t realistic in any sense. A list of clubs as long as your arm are looking at him - from giants like Juve down to ''tiny'' clubs like Tottenham.

[quote user="York Canary"]Demarai Gray, Sako, Andre Gray, Nakhi Wells, Pritchard. Tom Ince, Byram, Trippier..[/quote]Cant fault that list. Add Virgil Van Dijk, Bamford (loan), and Keiron Westwood if we want another GK.

Sako''s issues are his wage demands- apparently Villa and West Brom have both pulled out of talks with him because of his demands. If he''s holding out for £60k, as has been suggested, then he''ll have to lower them eventually.I''m surprised nobody has yet mentioned Dimitar Berbatov, to be honest- a free agent who wants to come back to England because (I think) his missus and kid are still based in London. I personally wouldn''t have him as his wages would be sky-high and I''m not sure if he''d suit us, but like I said, I''m surprised nobody has mentioned him...

Berbatov is an incredible player but a luxury one. You would need 5 work horses around him in MF and up front as he''s not one to get stuck in as he proved at Fulham where at times it was like they had 10 men but then they did have him, Darren Bent, Adel Taaraabt and Bryan Ruiz in the same line up!

Also £100k a week would have to take a slashing! I wouldn''t be averse to a 1 year deal at £50k with bonus if we stay up as he''s a damn sight better than Elmander and would be good for the publicity of the club.

As for Sako, we might as well throw our name in the ring and get involved as he''d be an awesome signing. Again, not at £60k a week though. £40k with bonus upon survival and a 3 year deal would be as high as i''d go.