Sign in to follow this  
hazza9

A few players who should be looked at.

LB. Andrew Robertson (£4-5m??) Emilio Izaguirre (£4-5m??)

RB. Kieran Trippier (£4-5m??) or Sam Byram (£3-4m??)

CB. Kaboul (£4-5m??) or Distin (Free) or Richard Keogh (£2-3m??) or Sven Van Beek (£5-7m??)

CM. Seb Larsson (£4-5m??) or Tom Cairney (£3-4m??) or Sergei Darder (£5-7m??) or James Mcarthur £4-6m??)

AM. Snoddy (£6-7m??) or Sako (Free) or Matt Phillips (£4-5m??) or Matt Jarvis (£3-4m??) or Ricardo Kishna (£7-9m??)

ST. Jelavic (£4-6m??) or Long (£6-8m??) or Agbonlahor (£5-6m??) or Andi Weimann (£3-5m??) or Munir El Haddadi (Loan) or Papiss Cisse (£6-8m??)

I didn''t know much about Keogh but a couple of mins on wiki and on the face of it seems to be the type of player we should be interested in.

He is a captain.

Won player of the year 4 times out of last 6 at 3 different clubs. A cult hero at Carlisle.

Was rated 5th best championship defender and 19th best player a couple of years ago.

An ex Ipswich academy scholar and ball boy who didn''t make it with them.

I''m thinking that I would want this to work out

What a god awful list!The only player I''d really consider would be Matty Phillips and even then it would be as squad cover rather than an immediate first team role.We need genuine quality improvements on what we have - not more of the same...

Seb Larsson is very average, just looks better due to his free kicks. Matt Jarvis seems washed up. Matt Phillips I like and I think is available on a free.

Ooh, Indys back, must be transfer time

Michael Owen on loan again lol

The Norwegian midfielder Kristoffer Ajer (196 cm tall) is lighting up the Norwegian "Premier League" Tippeligaen for IK Start. There is only a questian before he ends up in a European big club. He has just turned 17 years old. Hope Alex Neil is informed by his scouts about this player.

Wouldn''t touch Barton with a bargepole. He''s a scumbag. Fortunately Alex has said he will only bring people in who will fit into the dressing room and Barton wouldn''t fit the criteria imo.

I would be looking hard at Arkadiusz Milik - 22 year old, 6''1 Polish international striker who has just signed for Ajax after a prolific loan spell there (23 goals in 33 matches) and has scored 7 in 15 for Poland (including one against World Champions Germany).

Ajax only paid £2.5million due to an agreement in the loan deal. If we offered to double or triple their money then they may be agreeable to selling him even though he only just signed a 4 year deal there. Pretty unlikely, but it would be an absolute steal.... As a Pole and having seen him numerous times over the last 3 or so years, I am convinced this kid is much better than Lewandowski. Seriously.

Interesting by-story - when Gunn was manager, my Dad emailed him (and got a response saying they would have a look) about Lewandowski... He was playing for Lech Poznan at the time, and signed for Dortmund a year later for around £3million. We all know how that ended up.

Poland has some riches to offer for the first time in a long time. Kamil Glik is one I have said we should look at for a few years now. Torino Captain and a mountain of a centre back. Press speculation today is Man City, United and Spurs are having a look. If that''s just media speculation, we should certainly be going for him. 27 years old, and an absolute beast. Relatively quick and scores a fair few from set pieces. He would be expensive for us - around 7 or 8 million but would be the dominant CB we need.

As I say, Poland is the untapped market at the moment. Krychowiak just won the Europa League and scored in the final but there are a lot of talented players who would do a job for us.

If we could afford the wages Blaszczykowski would be a great option on the wing, and may be available now Klopp has gone.

Arsenal have started the ball rolling with Polish outfielders by signing 17 year old Krystian Bielik who is set for a promising career, and may well be in and around the first team squad next season.

I would love to see us follow suit and bring a Pole or two into the squad.

Barton is the exact type of ballsy workhorse we need in the club - we are too nice and fluffy. Get some ballsy players in, huth and barton then some quality upfront like charlie Austin.

[quote user="True Grit"]Barton is the exact type of ballsy workhorse we need in the club - we are too nice and fluffy. Get some ballsy players in, huth and barton then some quality upfront like charlie Austin.[/quote]If you''re judging him by his ability on the pitch, then Barton would be a decent signing. But there is more to Barton than what we see on the pitch- he has a ton of baggage, he is too gobby in the media, and he would cause disruptions in the dressing room, which is the last thing a struggling club needs because it makes them unravel at an alarming rate. Case in point: QPR.Huth or Austin though? Yes please. Especially Huth.

[quote user="hazza9"]LB. Andrew Robertson (£4-5m??) Emilio Izaguirre (£4-5m??)

RB. Kieran Trippier (£4-5m??) or Sam Byram (£3-4m??)

CB. Kaboul (£4-5m??) or Distin (Free) or Richard Keogh (£2-3m??) or Sven Van Beek (£5-7m??)

CM. Seb Larsson (£4-5m??) or Tom Cairney (£3-4m??) or Sergei Darder (£5-7m??) or James Mcarthur £4-6m??)

AM. Snoddy (£6-7m??) or Sako (Free) or Matt Phillips (£4-5m??) or Matt Jarvis (£3-4m??) or Ricardo Kishna (£7-9m??)

ST. Jelavic (£4-6m??) or Long (£6-8m??) or Agbonlahor (£5-6m??) or Andi Weimann (£3-5m??) or Munir El Haddadi (Loan) or Papiss Cisse (£6-8m??)[/quote]After reading that rubbish I would suggest that it is perhaps you who needs looking at.

From that, Robertson is good but we have olsson so lb not a priority. Not sure on izagure, not heard since we were linked 2 years ago

Trippier is off to spurs, Byram is decent but more a right mid these days

Keogh no, distin too old now, kaboul maybe but unlikely and an injury gamble. Van beek unrealistic

Cm I think is strong enough apart from DM so none of them

Sako, yes, phillips or jarvis, maybe

None of them strikers are both realistic or good enough.

The polish suggestions sound decent, if we could get a deal for milik I''d be delighted.

Ajer suggestion is pure footy manager bile unless him and tettey are best mates and ajer feels he could learn from tettey or something!

I don''t think we should sign JB. He has a brilliant temper doesn''t he - I''m sure you all know what I''m referring to but if you don''t just go on YouTube and put in "Joey Barton Man City QPR" and you will see what I mean

Barton would have been a decent signing 3/4 years ago; but at 34 he is simply too old.

Would love to see barton at city. Boo hoo, barton doesn''t fit into the fluffy, comfort-mould that our club has championed for forever and a day... so what?? "Oh but barton might post some controversy on twitter..!"

can''t be any worse than Bassong tweeting himself POSING WITH A GUN! Making Dussindale look like south central LA.

The board needs to take risks to strive forward, establish us as a force in the top flight, top 6 side and actually look to win something. Never mind the bollocks

[quote user="True Grit"]Would love to see barton at city. Boo hoo, barton doesn''t fit into the fluffy, comfort-mould that our club has championed for forever and a day... so what?? "Oh but barton might post some controversy on twitter..!"

can''t be any worse than Bassong tweeting himself POSING WITH A GUN! Making Dussindale look like south central LA.

The board needs to take risks to strive forward, establish us as a force in the top flight, top 6 side and actually look to win something. Never mind the bollocks[/quote]Yeah, let''s just completely ignore team spirit and squad harmony, shall we? That never gets anybody anywhere.

Yeah, that same lethargic spirit which has turned us into a yo-yo club. Barton would shake things up a bit, he''s a decent player too.

Barton isn''t very good anymore. He is too old and was over-rated in the first place. Plus he is a grade A bellend and brother of a racist murderer. People like that can steer well clear of NCFC.

True Grit - I don''t know whether you''re just trolling, or you really are such an attention seeking f**kwit, but either way, do shut up, your attention seeking is beyond boring.

In fact given your love for Barton, and your desperation to say something controversial, I''m starting to wonder if you actually are Joey himself True grit?

Label someone a troll because they have a different opinion to you... are you 13yrs old? I live and breathe the club, im just not going to ride the hype train of us getting out of (and only just managing it) the championship, when we should and could be an established premier league side like Stoke or West Brom.

A couple of years ago Barton would have been a decent signing as he''s a good player and actually quite committed, indeed he''s criticised quite a few at QPR who aren''t. But I can''t see room for him with players like Dorrans and O''Neill already here, and we don''t need another player in their 30s (he''ll be 33 in September).Saying all that, anyone who compares Louise Mensch to Jimmy Hill is okay in my book.

[quote user="True Grit"]Label someone a troll because they have a different opinion to you... are you 13yrs old? I live and breathe the club, im just not going to ride the hype train of us getting out of (and only just managing it) the championship, when we should and could be an established premier league side like Stoke or West Brom.[/quote]Judging by your profile picture, I''d say you are a troll.And that is before taking into account some slightly bizarre views on the subject at hand.

I''ve spoken in previous threads about Roeder.. He was driven out of the club by the media, because he wasn''t a yes man to the board and didn''t take any c rap. Had he been allowed to implement the system he was working on i have no doubt in my mind we would be an established top flight side by now.

[quote user="True Grit"]I''ve spoken in previous threads about Roeder.. He was driven out of the club by the media, because he wasn''t a yes man to the board and didn''t take any c rap. Had he been allowed to implement the system he was working on i have no doubt in my mind we would be an established top flight side by now.[/quote]OK. Definite troll.