Sign in to follow this  
Miss Bum Bum

What are the authorities doing to close down illegal streaming

If you are taking anything what the Daily Fail writes seriously then you are clearly an idiot.

Saying that he bbc spends only half of its money on actual programs is like saying that the NHS only spends 10% of its budget on actual operations, the rest they squander on stuff like cleaners, equipment, buildings, maintenance etc.

You can make up any fact from any figures, which the Daily Shmail does at every opportunity it can at institutions and situations that it disagrees with, it clearly wants an end to the BBC because it help prevents it tax dodging over sea owners getting any more money.

It''s kind of apt that the subject appeared on a post about ''illegal streaming'' because once the bbc has gone it will give carte Blanche to people like Sky to charge whatever they want for tv, with adverts every five minutes interrupting programs which you will have to pay to watch.

As for the OP concerned with illegal streaming, why does it bother him so much? All that money is not going to benefit the club or its supporters, just the players and their agents, all this extra income the club will be getting will not mean us getting cheaper seats even though we bankrolled them for many years when they needed the money, in fact it''s the opposite, you will be paying more.

Anyway, here''s a press release concerning the bbc response to the a**se wipe of a newspaper.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/aboutthebbc/entries/cddab372-eb3a-4666-a625-38e648892e3a

These Android boxes sound good but for 90 quid its a bit of a waste of money I use an app called kodi on my phone it does everything an android box does I can choose to stream it to any device via WiFi it takes a bit of setting up but well worth it I think it''s available on windows and Mac s too

Mine has just arrived today and it looks really good but I have no idea how to work the thing!!

JF is right.

Download Kodi on any Windows/Mac/Android device and do a Google for the right plugins and you don''t need one of these boxes. Just a HDMI cable to a TV :)

[quote user="CDB"]JF is right.

Download Kodi on any Windows/Mac/Android device and do a Google for the right plugins and you don''t need one of these boxes. Just a HDMI cable to a TV :)[/quote]
*smily is right.
Would have edited, but there is no button [;)]

[quote user="CDB"]JF is right.

Download Kodi on any Windows/Mac/Android device and do a Google for the right plugins and you don''t need one of these boxes. Just a HDMI cable to a TV :)[/quote]
*smily is right.

Or use miracast from phone/tablet to smart TV or consoles no messing with cables then watch it outside shopping with the misses ect..

[quote user="CDB"][quote user="CDB"]JF is right.

*smily is right.
[/quote]Too much like effort.I would rather pay someone else 90 quid to get the software / hardware and plug ins together, and just plug it into my telly.I bought mine as an option for a telly in my guest bedroom, and I don''t get freeview where I am (high trees obscure signal, had to get a special installation just to get Sky), so it neatly killed a few birds with the same stone.

Morty what are you using for the sky links? Can find some of them but no Sky one and can''t get the sports to work

[quote user="JF"]Morty what are you using for the sky links? Can find some of them but no Sky one and can''t get the sports to work[/quote]Do you have Phoenix?Not sure what box you have bought and what software you have installed.There are loads of tutorials on how to install other plug ins on youtube.Heres one I found, no idea if its any good, but gives you the gist of the sort of tutorials that are out there.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkvbYSymgyI

Nice one, have got the m8 and have looked at Phoenix, there is just so much content it''s hard to know where to begin or find anything!

[quote user="JF"]Nice one, have got the m8 and have looked at Phoenix, there is just so much content it''s hard to know where to begin or find anything![/quote]I can only help so much as not really fully explored it all myself, but a mate said Phoenix is the best one to use.

Have been messing about on it for a couple of hours now, can''t find a working sky sports stream even on Phoenix but have found all the other live channels on iptv stalker in good quality. Every film and tv series you can think of and live tv channels from America to the Middle East. It takes some navigating but the amount of content in this is well worth £90! I know all this is on line but for here it''s all in one place without having to use fake proxys. Good recommendation morty.

[quote user="JF"]Have been messing about on it for a couple of hours now, can''t find a working sky sports stream even on Phoenix but have found all the other live channels on iptv stalker in good quality. Every film and tv series you can think of and live tv channels from America to the Middle East. It takes some navigating but the amount of content in this is well worth £90! I know all this is on line but for here it''s all in one place without having to use fake proxys. Good recommendation morty.[/quote]I''ll have a mess with my Phoenix and see if I can point you in the right direction, will get back to you.

[quote user="JF"]Have been messing about on it for a couple of hours now, can''t find a working sky sports stream even on Phoenix but have found all the other live channels on iptv stalker in good quality. Every film and tv series you can think of and live tv channels from America to the Middle East. It takes some navigating but the amount of content in this is well worth £90! I know all this is on line but for here it''s all in one place without having to use fake proxys. Good recommendation morty.[/quote]Nah I can''t get sports to work on Phoenix either. Do you have UK Turk though? All working on there[Y]

Haven''t seen uk Turk on there but will have another look tomo at it, maybe need to add it on

Not very technical but I have found that my user experience has been enhanced by plugging a mouse (cordless) into the box.

Using the  handset was proving to be fiddly and slow, especially when needing to type in email and password. Floating around the tv screen with a cursor is much easier. I think my batteries were weak as well, although rechargeables, they don''t last as long as they should. 

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

Not very technical but I have found that my user experience has been enhanced by plugging a mouse (cordless) into the box.

Using the  handset was proving to be fiddly and slow, especially when needing to type in email and password. Floating around the tv screen with a cursor is much easier. I think my batteries were weak as well, although rechargeables, they don''t last as long as they should. 

[/quote]Yeah agreed. I bought a keyboard that has a laptop type touchpad built into it.

The mouse sounds like a great idea, the remote was winding me up a great last night! Have downloaded an app on my phone that acts as a remote for it but haven''t tried it yet

Ok Morty you have inspired me and I ordered an M8 from your mate! Away on business so hoping its arrived when I''m back home. Used plus1hd but no good for golf.

Really don''t know why anyone is paying £90 for a box, the software is the important thing, it''s XBMC, and it''s free. Just install it on your laptop/pc.

Just don''t expect streams/ apps to last long, they usually fall over every few months

[quote user="Big A"]Really don''t know why anyone is paying £90 for a box, the software is the important thing, it''s XBMC, and it''s free. Just install it on your laptop/pc.

Just don''t expect streams/ apps to last long, they usually fall over every few months[/quote]Agreed, anyone can download ''Kodi''  and connect their TV to the computer, as I have done. it takes time, but worth the effort. 

Those little Android Boxes aren''t really worth the money if all you''re going to do is use XMBC behind it with a load of direct links hooked in as channels.
As someone said, install on your pc or laptop, or even an Android Tablet or phone. Chromecast''s are about £20 if you wanted to stream wirelessly to your TV.

[quote user="SwindonCanary"][quote user="Big A"]Really don''t know why anyone is paying £90 for a box, the software is the important thing, it''s XBMC, and it''s free. Just install it on your laptop/pc.

Just don''t expect streams/ apps to last long, they usually fall over every few months[/quote]Agreed, anyone can download ''Kodi''  and connect their TV to the computer, as I have done. it takes time, but worth the effort.  [/quote]Well I would rather pay £90 quid than fanny about[:)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="SwindonCanary"][quote user="Big A"]Really don''t know why anyone is paying £90 for a box, the software is the important thing, it''s XBMC, and it''s free. Just install it on your laptop/pc.

Just don''t expect streams/ apps to last long, they usually fall over every few months[/quote]Agreed, anyone can download ''Kodi''  and connect their TV to the computer, as I have done. it takes time, but worth the effort.  [/quote]Well I would rather pay £90 quid than fanny about[:)][/quote]
There really is no fannying about, it''s a 10 minute job, and it''s free.

[quote user="FDC"][quote user="morty"][quote user="SwindonCanary"][quote user="Big A"]Really don''t know why anyone is paying £90 for a box, the software is the important thing, it''s XBMC, and it''s free. Just install it on your laptop/pc.

Just don''t expect streams/ apps to last long, they usually fall over every few months[/quote]Agreed, anyone can download ''Kodi''  and connect their TV to the computer, as I have done. it takes time, but worth the effort.  [/quote]Well I would rather pay £90 quid than fanny about[:)][/quote]
There really is no fannying about, it''s a 10 minute job, and it''s free.
[/quote]Yes there is.I bought my box for a spare room TV, nowhere near my PC.So that suited me just fine, cheers[Y]

I would say though Morty, for anyone who is willing to spend the 15-30 minutes setting things up, you''d be much better of doing something like this:
Buy a Lenovo S8 ultra thin Intel Atom android tablet for only £69.95
Then buy a chrome cast for 20-30 quid from well, anywhere.
Then you get a tablet you can use for web browsing, or for the streaming itself anywhere you are. Alongside that, with the chromecast you can wirelessly stream it to any TV with an HDMI port.
Much better value for people!

Or buy a box, that I can plug into my Samsung HD tv with a supplied HDMI cable, that is completely plug and play, through a very simple user interface, that appears to give me every TV channel in the universe, including pay per view events, HD movies and pretty much every box set ever made.I guess whatever suits your budget / needs.

[quote user="morty"]Or buy a box, that I can plug into my Samsung HD tv with a supplied HDMI cable, that is completely plug and play, through a very simple user interface, that appears to give me every TV channel in the universe, including pay per view events, HD movies and pretty much every box set ever made.I guess whatever suits your budget / needs.[/quote]
I get that. But since we''re talking about the same budget, but instead of an Android Box, you can get exactly the same, but wirelessly transmitting rather than cable. And you get an entire tablet to use as well! Acts as an individual streaming device, or like i say, to any tv.
If you put the two up against one another it''s relatively speaking, a no brainer.