Sign in to follow this  
Miss Bum Bum

What are the authorities doing to close down illegal streaming

The scourge of our time is the illegal showing of premier league games. Now we are back in the prem it once again becomes relevant to the Canaries.

This illegal activity deprives the club of revenue from better overseas deals. I really ain''t seeing any activity to crack down on these sites. Does any one know what preventative actions happen?

That said, I now own an Android box that means I can watch any football match I want.I may as well give up the season ticket and just watch the games from the comfort of my armchair.[:)]

[quote user="morty"]That said, I now own an Android box that means I can watch any football match I want.I may as well give up the season ticket and just watch the games from the comfort of my armchair.[:)][/quote]
Is the box made of plastic morty?

[quote user="Daz Sparks"][quote user="morty"]That said, I now own an Android box that means I can watch any football match I want.I may as well give up the season ticket and just watch the games from the comfort of my armchair.[:)][/quote]
[/quote]Yes.Yes it is[:D]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Daz Sparks"][quote user="morty"]That said, I now own an Android box that means I can watch any football match I want.I may as well give up the season ticket and just watch the games from the comfort of my armchair.[:)][/quote]
[/quote]Yes.Yes it is[:D][/quote]
[:)]
Let''s just say, theoretically of course, that a friend of mine wanted one of them there android box, what kind of resolution could he expect?

Here we go again - first we had campaigns against pirated VHS tapes, then DVD''s, now video streams.

Simply put when the price for a good is increased beyond a reasonable level the economic opportunity will be exploited by "pirates" or "smugglers" ... this fact of life isn''t going to change and why the "authorities" should do anything it is a good debate question. A low cost subscription available from "authorized resellers" would put a stop to the illegal stream sites pretty darn quick....

[quote user="Daz Sparks"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Daz Sparks"][quote user="morty"]That said, I now own an Android box that means I can watch any football match I want.I may as well give up the season ticket and just watch the games from the comfort of my armchair.[:)][/quote]
[/quote]Yes.Yes it is[:D][/quote]
[:)]
Let''s just say, theoretically of course, that a friend of mine wanted one of them there android box, what kind of resolution could he expect?
[/quote]Its HD quality, depending on what stream you pick up.Theoretically.

[quote user="Mr Jenkins"]Don''t know about android boxes, can you get any prem game live?

How much are they?[/quote]Yes, I think you can pick up streams from Norway etc, where you get games shown at 3pm.I haven''t really had the time to mess around with it properly, it literally has every channel in the world, and takes a bit of navigating.I paid £90 for mine.

Instead of closing down illegal streaming they should be focusing on providing live footage of a good standard which many people will be happy to pay for.As the article Morty links to shows, they manage to do this without an issue in the Bundesliga and without an big drop in attendances either, yet somehow over here we''re still clinging to the idea that live games will leave stadiums with nothing but the teams in them...I''d personally be more than happy to pay £10-20 a month if SKY could provide me with ALL live NCFC league games during the season, but I''m not signing up to Sky Sports to pay £20+ a month in exchange for maybe 5-6 games a season - especially when the likes of Liverpool, Man Utd et al, are getting 15-20 games shown instead!

The key is reducing ticket prices.

With the mouth watering new TV deals, Premier League clubs should be looking to reduce the price of tickets. How likely this is is anybody''s guess in today''s modern game.

If say ticket prices were more often between £25 to £30, me and my friends could afford to do a lot more away games.

Watching on the TV/computer is handy, but nothing beats the thrill of watching live football as well as the whole away day experience.

[quote user="Mr Jenkins"]£90 sounds like a great deal, if it does what it should, amazing in fact.[/quote]Will PM you some details.

I shall be looking for live City away match streams if any are available during the coming season. The quality may not be great but its usually better than the radio.I also pay a Sky Sports subscription so I doubt I am robbing them of much.

Lol! How will we manage on only £120 million over the next 3 years? I for one will happily watch any games I don''t attend on a stream and won''t feel one ounce of guilt about it. As for the question, there is nothing they can do about it, for every one that gets shut down another will open.

Thanks, I don''t know how I will sleep tonight!

Android boxes are a available on amazon from about £40. Know nothing about them though

If you get Tunnelbear you can watch all of those websites that you ISP blocks, the encryption seems to work.

Appreciate details via PM Morty on the box that you have got.

Thee is one on amazon for about £60 at the moment.

Yeah you can get them cheaper than the one I bought. But where I bought mine from is a friend of a friend, and he has his own Facebook page where you can contact him with any issues, and he will help you out, and also keep you informed with any updates or new software.

Will drop you a pm in the morning, not sure how to do it on my phone!

In response to the OPs question, wasting time and money?

You can''t stop the internet.

they can''t stop it.. that''s the reality...

rather than chasing their tales and trying to close down people which isn''t working (Streams are still springing up on new sites every week).. why are they not dangling the carrot to the streamers?

Offer an affiliate type sharing scheme, pay £2 per game online to watch with £1 going to the streamer and £1 to the boradcaster through the link?

never going to happen.. but as the saying goes "why buy the milk when the cow can give for free"?

Help!

My shiny new android box arrived this morning.

Flippin'' hell, I think I had less trouble understanding the flight deck of Concorde when in training with BA.

The instructions are sparse, they assume you know it all.

This might turn out to be a daft question as I have yet to get really stuck in.

None of the diagrams in the instructions include how to integrate a Sky box into the system (just tv and router.) Do they remain independent and do I connect the android via HDMI 2 as the Sky box is HMDI 1.?

AS I said, these queries might turn out to be simple, but answers, or even ridicule, might assist my grasp of it all.