Sign in to follow this  
3canaries

Telegraph Fantasy Football.......

Is anyone entering the Telegraph Fantasy Football League again this year.  I need to fare better than I did last year (50th in a 55 team Super League!)

I always seem to put a death wish on any Striker I start with at the start of the season, this goes with Midfielders as well.  Obviously last season I didn''t start too well with Francis in the middle (didn''t score or set up any in the first two months), and Huckerby up front - got me a few points.

So, the debating questions are........

1.  Who are safe bets to get you steady points at the start of the season?

2.  Which unearthed talents will shine this season who do not cost the earth

3.  4-4-2 or 4-4-3

My - work in progress - team currently is....

Reina   Liv    3.3

Carragher  Liv   4.0

Neville  MUN  3.9

Hibbert  Eve 3.3

Ljundberg  ARS  4.3

Cahill  Eve  3.9

Garcia  Liv  3.8

Henry  Ars  9.0

Yakubu  Mid 6.2

Phillips  AV  5.2

Still think you need at least one Chelsea player to get some points, but do you spend the money in defence or attack?

Would be interesting to see if we could create a superleague of pinkun users?

its always good to put chelsea players in:

I''d say Lampard is a good bet due to his ability to get goals from midfield.  Also up front i''d say phillips is a bit of a risk.  I think it could be a good year for Bellamy.

Good Luck for the season

Cheers Jim,

Bellars is one of those players that has the potential to score 20+, but I''m not sure he has the back up at Blackburn really.

Point taken about Chelski players, trouble is balancing the cost of them against the drivvel you have to buy because you have no money left!!

3Canaries - I have entered my obligatory 2 teams that I do every season and in one of them I have Terry and Lampard.  I put them two in and divided the rest of my budget by 9 to see how much I had for the rest of the team.  It is surprising how you can get a good team with players worth 3.5 - 4 mill and I even have cech in goal and Henry as a forward with still what I believe a good team surrounding them.  You may have to study it for a while but there are good players around like Ledley King for 3.5 and Bolo Zenden for 3.5 etc.  You must have two or three good point earners in the team to stand any chance and you can always transfer those that dont perform with those that surprisingly do.  Good Luck. 

try this... work out which 3 teams will conceed the least goals.. enter 3 teams and have a full defence from each of those teams... Then see what you can do.. can you play with out terry henry?! I try every season and fail so I have him in one of my teams this year... Remember what players start and end the season well and who perform in the middle (scholes, no idea what he has to eat in december but he just scores points for fun in the middle of the season..) My bet for vfm this season is Bellers and the entire chelszki def.

Are we having a pink un league? Like the Sun.. If so Im happy to set it up...

Dan - I would imagine a number of people would be interested in joing some kind of league, either through the Sun version or the Telegraph, or indeed your own version.

Might be worth speaking to the Web guys to put a thread at the top (so as not to loose it in the first couple of days).  I''m sure we''d get enough for a mini league, and include a small fee so there''s something to play for.

Web Team - Could you pin this thread to the top for a few days...

We have a Pink-un Telegraph Fantasy Football Super League.

We need at least 5 members to give us a chance of winning any cash!

So if you are taking part please join in...

Super League Name - PINK-UN

Pin - 8005550

I have set it up so we can all see each others teams. No cash prize pool, but a gentlemans agreement that we meet for beers at close season and the winner gets a free night out on the city from everyone else!

hi, ive just sorted my team out but am unable to add it to the pink un league as it keeps saying incorrect code??

can you confirm it is as detailed on your other post

Ooops,

Only gone and signed up for the Guardians Fantasy Chairman game by accident didnt I!

Have now registered with the Telegraph and added team to your league. Only two teams though, thats a bit disappointing!!

I''m due to add a team in the next day or so, just a few minor tweaks.......

It''s probably worth creating a seperate link, though this is on the top of the ''pile'' it doesn''t really say ''Join our Pink''un Message Board Fantasy League''

I''ll create a link and try and get it replaced by the webteam.....

Im in!! Now working on a mate trying to get him to play. For anyone whos not sure, this is by far the best fantasy football game there is. Done it the last 3 years and it keeps you addicted throughout the season.