Sign in to follow this  
Carrow89

Derby v Watford

A Derby win would give us every chance of being in the top two (or even top) come Monday night ie Middlesboro fail to beat Watford.Which begs the question of will the Boro game at hoime be us hanging on to their coat tails or setting up for a defense of the top spot(2nd) ?

That''s thee key, no Watford win and then a draw with Boro on Mon will set us up nicely if we can beat WedsAs to the binners given how appalling they looked today then it was a point lost by B''mouth. If the binners do wheeze into the playoffs they will struggle against any team over two games, or one come to that.77

I''d be happy with a draw. Derby are a few points behind us, but they have a lot of good players returning from injury soon and probably the nicest final six fixtures out of all the top 8, so they could well pick up a few points in those. A draw today keeps them well behind us, with Watford remaining in and around us.Although I''d obviously prefer a Derby win to a Watford win.

Draw, Derby could catch us if we slip up for whatever reason but Watford have 4 of the top teams to play in their run in and have a shocking record against the better teams in this league so I''m very confident we''ll overhaul them soon anyway. Watford losing to yet another one of the better teams could be a big psychological blow for them and Derby winning could give them something to build on. The only result that benefits us in any way is a draw

Anything but a Watford win, ideally a hard fought boring 0-0.A couple of injuries and a red card for both teams wouldn''t go amiss either.

Of the two Derby look to have the easier run in. I have alway favoured draws as it means more points dropped overall. However it''s still so close so the important thing is not to see a team or two pulling two far ahead. We don''t want the playoffs now we have hauled ourselves this close.

[quote user="Making Plans"]Well well well, maybe there is a footballing God afterall [/quote]Until the Pen, you couldn''t see Derby scoring. Watford were well worth their lead.

Well, this could be very interesting. Derby now have the man advantage and are known to be the best passing side in the league. Come on you rams.