Sign in to follow this  
daly

Nathan Redmond

Good enough to make 50 Yes 50 appearances for England at various levels but Not Good Enough To Start for Norwich

Again coming on changed the game

Stiop being silly. It is about who is best suited on the day. And most suspect that our manager knows better than some idiot on a football forum. Check the result, it should tell you all you need to know.

The problem is daly, when he has been given the chance, he hasn''t been that good (hopefully we can all agree with that), whereas Wes has been great in front of the midfield with no wingers. Redmond is our equivalent to a Tom Ince, Ibe, D Gray, Walcott etc etc. He''s a very good pacey winger, but he needs to show his class which he hasn''t done since AN has come here. If he wants to start games he''ll need to perform more like he has today instead of the performances we''ve seen him in recently. He''s a good player, and will be a big player, but he needs to show it. He''s put in his case to start the next game.

[quote user="Bob Down"]Stiop being silly. It is about who is best suited on the day. And most suspect that our manager knows better than some idiot on a football forum. Check the result, it should tell you all you need to know.
[/quote]

"""""Sop being silly"""

Up to AN when if he plays NR just saying he is good enough to play for England 50 times and still only 21 years but not good enough to start  for Norwich

Redmond was my POTS until about January when he went off the boil a bit as young players often do.

Good to see him making an impact recently and he''ll have given AN a big headache now. Wes has deserved to start recently though and I kind of like the solidarity we get with Johnno, Tettey, Dorrans and Howson in the side so it''s one of Hoops, Wes or Redmond at the moment i''m afraid.

You are falling into the trap of thinking a guy playing age-range matches is automatically better than guys who are older: playing for the u21s is undoubtedly a decent level, but in the proper pro game you come up against seasoned players who are far better. He''s not and shouldn''t be an automatic pick for us, IMO Neil has been managing and using him pretty well.

[quote user="daly"]Good enough to make 50 Yes 50 appearances for England at various levels but Not Good Enough To Start for Norwich[/quote]Just shows the strength of our squad old son.

Not starting him and bringing him on, highly motivated with a point to prove against a tiring Brighton turned out to be a masterstroke, what''s the problem? Our manager made the correct decision yet again, there''s no guarentee he would have made an impact had he started but we now know using him late on worked.

After the last 16 games I''m prepared to put 100% faith into our manager who has won over two thirds of his games, is unbeaten away from home, has repeatedly turned games in our favour with his subs and has every player playing at their peak. If he thinks Redmond is more useful as a sub in certain games then so do I!

Lambert very frequently had to make subs to change games, it depends on how you look at it, I see it as squad/game management and forward planning as opposed to deploying the wrong tactics from the start. Whatever you think of it it''s much better than Hughton''s subs never making any impact and Adams acting like a fan would by nonsensically throwing on attackers/defenders when we''re losing/winning

To further that point. When winning 1-0 today in the 85th minute, Adams would have brought O''Neil on as he''s a defensive midfilder for Howson or Dorrans. Neil who is much more tactically astute changed Jerome for Hooper because it allowed us to pressure them from higher up and would stop them gaining any momentum as they were building all their pressure from the back.

This guy really knows what he''s doing, let''s not question him and just enjoy it!

Agree AN knows what  he is doing

Just feel we should be playing Redmond, a bit like not playing Huckerby in the final few games knowing he is a match winner.

Yes what a shame we didn''t play Redmond today. As you say he is a match winner. Could you tells us whether we won today, or not. And how old you are, the nearest decade will do.

i was going to abuse the idiot....but i''m not, just savoring the win and looking forword to the next 3 points...and as i write this watford just had a player sent off....happy days 1-1

I agree with the OP that Redmond has been used a bit too sparingly at times recently as he is capable of making a big impact in games. The draw with Derby at home is a case in point for me. I think throwing him into the game could have been enough to get victory that day.At the same time it''s worth noting Redmond started the Wigan game which was both the last time Norwich lost and the last time we failed to score. Playing him in the team forces us to change our attacking style quite dramatically so can see why he may not be used for tactical reasons rather than simply an assessment of his quality.One thing Wes has over Redmond as well is that he is a tenacious battler and hard worker off the ball. AN likes his teams to close down from the front so I don''t think it''s surprising that two players who don''t naturally do this Hooper and Redmond have dropped out of favour whilst Grabban and Hoolahan, two players who''ll run their legs into the ground, have become focal points of the team (when fit in Grabban''s case anyway).

Hoolahan & Redmond are the best attacking players at the club. I therefore do not agree with "its either Hooper, Hoolahan or Redmond" for the one creative spot.

Both should be on the pitch

AN should look for "fat" elsewhere to accommodate this.

[quote user="Six Pack"]Hoolahan & Redmond are the best attacking players at the club. I therefore do not agree with "its either Hooper, Hoolahan or Redmond" for the one creative spot.

AN should look for "fat" elsewhere to accommodate this.[/quote]

That is the kind of tactical mistake that Neil Adams made. While they are the most attacking players they are more likely to lose the ball and you cant afford the luxuryof two players doing that.

Six Pack wrote the following post at 04/04/2015 12:23 AM:

Hoolahan & Redmond are the best attacking players at the club. I therefore do not agree with "its either Hooper, Hoolahan or Redmond" for the one creative spot.

Why should they both be on the pitch Six Pack?

Mr Jenkins wrote the following post at 04/04/2015 8:12 AM:

Six Pack wrote the following post at 04/04/2015 12:23 AM:

Why should they both be on the pitch Six Pack?

Surely what AN is looking for is balance in the team?

Please understand I fully agree with the substitution today. Redmond coming on was the correct option. Hoolahan wasn''t doing much so he made way.

My opinion of playing both Redmond and Hoolahan is that allows the team have more than one of attacking spearhead. I agree that there is more defensive stability in the side with the current core midfield of BJ, Tettey, Howson & Dorrans. But this should not be mistaken for "balance" in the team. Balance is having a mixture of players performing different skills, putting them together into a completed jigsaw puzzle. The 4 we have creates stability in defence but is lacking in attack. We have too many of the same type of player. Tettey has to be in the side. BJ is the hard man in the midfield and has now added goals to his game. Howson & Dorrans are very similar - both are classy & skillful but are more support acts in attack than the pivot. Howson has scored important goals.

If neither Hoolahan or Redmond are in the team - we would resort to a lot of long balls to get us up the field or one other option - overlapping fullbacks.

The balance of the team would in some ways be worse than Hughton''s in his first season. Hughton at least had Hoolahan & Pilkington & Snodgrass supporting Holt. Our current side has either Hoolahan or just one winger (Redmond) supporting Jerome.

Rock the Boat - there was nothing wrong with Adam''s teams - just couldn''t take guilt edge scoring changes & defended like paper-men. AN has put the latter right by putting the fear into the back 4.

If we make it into the premiership AN would need more than one source of attacking threat. If AN really is better than Adams then he needs to show he can get the same players (Adams put out) and mold them into a premiership force. Change the way they do things not change the team if those coming in lack vital ingredients in attack.

Don''t get me wrong - if this is the format then I want it to succeed. But we will be found out..

Herman wrote:

I think Six Pack is not overly keen on Dorrans.

Yes Herman - he''d be the one that I think should make way.

Though he''s crawled back some points with better performances. It''s closer and I understand why AN plays him.

Our strongest area is midfield, yet Brighton won most of the ball yesterday. We need people that can hold onto it - isn''t this part of Dorrans role ? Not saying it''s all his fault but that''s why he''s in the team right ?