Sign in to follow this  
Carrow89

A good report from the BBC

On how tight the Championship run in is, compared to previous yearshttp://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32037889

[quote user="Bob Down"]On how tight the Championship run in is, compared to previous yearshttp://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32037889[/quote]

As most of your threads need explaining, could you just explain this thread?   Is this another attempt at  parody of me stating the bl**ding obvious, or is it just like most of the threads I write - an attempt at talking about football?   Just so as we all know.....

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]Not sure what you are going on about LDC, what is wrong with that report?[/quote]Sorry, nothing wrong with the report, its just a dig at a poster who started a thread elsewhere trying to parody me.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Bob Down"]On how tight the Championship run in is, compared to previous yearshttp://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32037889[/quote]

As most of your threads need explaining, could you just explain this thread?   Is this another attempt at  parody of me stating the bl**ding obvious, or is it just like most of the threads I write - an attempt at talking about football?   Just so as we all know.....

[/quote]No. No more than an observation that for once a part of the media has dragged itself away from the endless tedium that is the PL. That you chose to turn into something about you speaks volumes.

[quote user="Bob Down"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Bob Down"]On how tight the Championship run in is, compared to previous yearshttp://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32037889[/quote]As most of your threads need explaining, could you just explain this thread?   Is this another attempt at  parody of me stating the bl**ding obvious, or is it just like most of the threads I write - an attempt at talking about football?   Just so as we all know..... [/quote]No. No more than an observation that for once a part of the media has dragged itself away from the endless tedium that is the PL. That you chose to turn into something about you speaks volumes.[/quote]

[:D] But I didn''t.  I just asked you the question, since you seem so interested in mimicking me earlier in the other thread.  Suggest you don''t try it again because you''re not very good at it.

[quote user="Johnny Stump"]Oh dear LDC, there is no way on earth that the OP on this thread can in any way, shape or form have been remotely about you.[/quote]

I never thought it was!  It was a sarcastic response to a poster who in another thread tried it on.........oh forget it.........

It was not. It was, as I said, more of a surprise that there was some recognition that not only does football exist outside of the PL, but that it is giving fans the competion and excitement that is missing in the PL. The irony is that this has now, yet again, been diverted towards LDC, by his failing to heed his own advice Why waste your time when we have such a big match on this afternoon.

[quote user="Bob Down"]It was not. It was, as I said, more of a surprise that there was some recognition that not only does football exist outside of the PL, but that it is giving fans the competion and excitement that is missing in the PL. The irony is that this has now, yet again, been diverted towards LDC, by his failing to heed his own advice Why waste your time when we have such a big match on this afternoon. [/quote]

You made a rod for your own back with that other thread. Live with it.  [{] 

[quote user="Bob Down"]A rod for my back ?You really have no sense of humour .... or social awareness[/quote] You started this with your parody of me on the other thread, hoping for a few laughs at my expense.   It backfired. Learn from it.That''s all.

Are you garnering any laughs from this wicked turnabout, Mr. Lake? You seem critical of his supposedly failed effort elsewhere but i don''t see much here to indicate you''ve outdone him or taught him a lesson.

I''m not sure how it backfired, or whether it got a few laughs or not. Nor do you.What I do know is that the other post, which was parody, has certainly been vindicated by you yet again trying to make it all about you. It was not. This was a genuine post pointing City fans towards what I thought was an interesting point. But as can be seen, you are so paranoid that everything is all about you that you have yet again highjacked a football thread. You need help. And that is all I have to say.

[quote user="Gainer the Gopher"]Are you garnering any laughs from this wicked turnabout, Mr. Lake? You seem critical of his supposedly failed effort elsewhere but i don''t see much here to indicate you''ve outdone him or taught him a lesson.[/quote]

Couldn''t care less.  He caught my attention with his parody on the other thread, I''ve caught his attention on this one. Simples. If you give it out you have to be able to take it back.  If you''re not, you shouldn''t give it out in the first place.

[quote user="Gainer the Gopher"]Give what out? The op didn''t seem to be giving anything out. You''re seeing things that aren''t there.[/quote] Read the thread if you want to know the reasoning, its quite clear, if you can be bothered.........if I were you, I wouldn''t bother.

[quote user="Gainer the Gopher"]Give what out? The op didn''t seem to

be giving anything out. You''re seeing things that aren''t there.[/quote]PreciselyIf it was a parody then it would not have simply been a link with a short explanatory sentence. It was all it was, as everyone else could and can see. Apart from Mr Paranoia.Anyway back to the commentary.

[quote user="Bob Down"][quote user="Gainer the Gopher"]Give what out? The op didn''t seem to

be giving anything out. You''re seeing things that aren''t there.[/quote]PreciselyIf it was a parody then it would not have simply been a link with a short explanatory sentence. It was all it was, as everyone else could and can see. Apart from Mr Paranoia.Anyway back to the commentary.[/quote]

Persistent I might be, paranoid not, but you keep trying.......

As I said, you started all this with your parody on the other thread, all I did was ask you to clarify whether you were being yourself on this one, or whether you were parodying someone else........after all, it wasn''t that clear on the other one, was it??