Sign in to follow this  
The Horse

Brighton do it right

Just on the train back from Brighton and I have to say what a superb away ground to go to. The away concourse was decorated for Norwich fans and I''m told they even had Wherry on at some of the bars. After the game the Mods and Rockers bar in the ground stayed open and Norwich and Brighton fans were singing and dancing together with no animosity towards each other whatsoever. What a great atmosphere and I will definitely go again. Great to see away fans treated well rather than like unwelcome visitors. Very well done.

Yep agree - some nice touches.

Just a couple of negatives for me - the grub cost a fortune and the big Chris Hughton picture at the end of their row of legends...

I went down for my first ever away game without my Dad, about 10 years or so ago. Brighton fans were brilliant. We''d not kept our tube tickets as we didn''t realise it entitled us to free bus to the ground, and the guys we asked for directions on which bus to take to the ground, took us to the bus, insisted on giving us their tickets so we wouldn''t have any issues getting on, and then blagging the driver that theirs had been taken at the station.

I had family commitments today, so couldn''t go unfortunately, but next time we''re down there I will be sure to make another trip down. Not been to the Amex yet, as they were still at the Withdean when I went down.

They don''t do everything quite right, we were refused entry to the bar, because I had my two lads with me. So had to stand out in the rain until they opened the ground.

There is a separate famlies bar, but so small there was a 50 strong queue to get in, and one out, one in.

Never seen anything like that at an away ground.

Best away trip in ages and I wish Brighton all the very best for their future success. Friendly fans and stewards and what a great way to finish the day with a music event which gave us an opportunity to mingle and have a few drinks with our hosts. We should do this at CR!

Are you listening David McNally!

[quote user="Hooleyfan"]Best away trip in ages and I wish Brighton all the very best for their future success. Friendly fans and stewards and what a great way to finish the day with a music event which gave us an opportunity to mingle and have a few drinks with our hosts. We should do this at CR!

Are you listening David McNally![/quote]Other than not being particularly family friendly I agree with all of the above, it was a great day out. Atmosphere in the concourse before the game was the best I have ever seen at an away game.

I don''t go away often just 3 times this season so far but i have to say the way Norwich as a club treat away fans is awful. When i was at Huddersfield it was nice to hear the announcer welcome Norwich city fans to the ground and hoped that we all had a good journey up there. At carrow road we don''t even have the decency to name the away teams subsitutes! Whats that all about ? If you want people to behave decently treat them with a bit of respect and more often than not it will be returned. Brighton sound as though they have got it all well covered i hope they keep it that way when they eventually make it to the premier league.

With potentially 2000 + away fans and visitors to the city every home game it''s a no brainer! Treat them with the respect that they deserve and they will stay longer, spend more money and importantly come back again and benefit other businesses.

Stop fleecing the away support just because you can NCFC!

[quote user="SwindonCanary"]Loved the green and yellow theme [/quote]

They do that for all visiting teams. Nice touch. And agreed their fans showed real class. No animosity in defeat.

The same for Bournemouth fans as well,I thought. But,I''m no fan of these out of town Meccano sets. Give me Griffin Park every time.