Sign in to follow this  
Iwans teeth

watford tomorrow

No you''ve got the maths wrong with the fixtures, the best result is a draw, failing that we need to match Middlesborough as we have the advantage of still getting to play them. If Watford win and only with a 2 goal difference it becomes a lot more edge of the seat, especially with bournmouth a point ahead too

Respective fixtures of the current top 4

Middlesbrough

--------------------

a Watford

h Rotherham

h Wolves

a Norwich

a Fulham

h Brighton

Bournemouth

------------------

h Birmingham

a Brighton

a Reading

h Sheff W

h Bolton

a Charlton

Norwich

-----------

h Sheff W

a Bolton

a Leeds

h Middlesbrough

a Rotherham

h Fulham

Watford

------------

h Middlesbrough

a Millwall

a Forest

h Birmingham

a Brighton

h Sheff W

I can see Bournemouth winning all their remaining games and Watford have an easy run in after tomorrow.We could find ourselves winning 5 out of 6 and still not getting in the top 2 !

Watford have an easy run in? Away at Forest and Brighton will be tough and Millwall are fighting to stay up.

IMO the run-ins seem to be relatively similar for us all, with plenty of games against ''lesser'' sides well capable of raising their games. It''ll be the guys who best hold their nerve who get the automatic spots.

The thing is most neutrals and supporters would pick ours and bournemouths fixtures as the "easiest".

I''d hope to see Watford win rather than draw. Boro are 2 points ahead and are just coming out of a sticky spell. I don''t think Watford''s good run is likely to hold up, therefore I expect them to be more likely than Boro to drop points.I think we can better afford a draw or loss if we''re a point ahead of Middlesbrough than if we''re level. To stay ahead of Watford will be easier as we''re ahead of them already and just need to match their results. If we lose then we''d have to hope Watford also lose a game.If we lost against Leeds or Bolton while Boro came from a point behind to two points ahead of us, then we could possibly rectify that by beating them. The same scenario but with Boro drawing tomorrow would mean we''d be three points behind and potentially have goal difference as a factor.

93vintage actually speaks a lot of down to earth common sense here [Y] I see no reason to derisory toward him.

It''s interesting to note that Brighton could have a big say as they play all three teams, Bournemouth and Watford at home. CH could end up doing us a massive favour by taking points from at least one of them.

[quote user="star_manic"]It''s interesting to note that Brighton could have a big say as they play all three teams, Bournemouth and Watford at home. CH could end up doing us a massive favour by taking points from at least one of them.[/quote]

Yeah.......I started a thread about that, but was told it was too obvious a thing to say.........but you are right, a Brighton doing well could help us quite a bit.

[quote user="star_manic"]It''s interesting to note that Brighton could have a big say as they play all three teams, Bournemouth and Watford at home. CH could end up doing us a massive favour by taking points from at least one of them.[/quote]

I give up I honestly give up. Typical from the Pamela Anderson of the pinkun

If Watford somehow manage to get up they''ll be eaten alive in the PL. They''re great at putting the lesser sides away but always look poor against the better teams. I hope they make it up via the play offs with us going up in the auto''s obviously

[quote user="The Phantom "][quote user="star_manic"]It''s interesting to note that Brighton could have a big say as they play all three teams, Bournemouth and Watford at home. CH could end up doing us a massive favour by taking points from at least one of them.[/quote]I give up I honestly give up. Typical from the Pamela Anderson of the pinkun[/quote]Could you explain that?  It''s a perfectly good point from star-manic.  We can only guarantee a top two place if we win every game to the end of the season, but since that is unlikely, any favours other teams can do for us is more than welcome.  Brighton, being one of the few clubs that play more than one of our rivals in the next few weeks, are going to be influential in the scheme of things. 

Got to be looking for a draw as both teams will drop 2 points.Too early to favour a 3 point advantage for one side in the top four over another in the top four quite yet.Prefer a 0-0 which will not effect goal difference but will effect the goals for number which could be come into play if points and goal difference are the same at the end of the season.

Even stevens so far, looking likely for a draw which would be the best we could get!

Good finish by Deeney mind, but terrible defending by Woodgate!

So the knobheads wishing for a Watford win get their reward at HT.

How stupid can you be?

Quite obvious that draws, the more the better, between top sides, are best for Norwich.

Other teams dropping points is best for us.

In case one team have to win this, it is better with a Watford win, but clearly the best outcome for us is a draw.

It''s not too late for Boro to come back and get a draw though