Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Scarily reminiscent....

The after match comments of Chris Hughton on FLS (at around 33.30 minutes)

FLS

Could have been taken from any number of games from last season, narrow 1-0 defeat, better team, better chances etc etc.   You can appreciate what he stands for and his attitude, but hearing that makes you appreciate AN all the more!

Excellent day all round and great to see so many City fans there.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Could have been taken from any number of games from last season, narrow 1-0 defeat, better team, better chances etc etc.   You can appreciate what he stands for and his attitude, but hearing that makes you appreciate AN all the more![/quote]It''s better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all. [U] [W]

''''It''s better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.''''.........Just ask Waveney/Hopeful

[quote user="Barclay seats 4849 the 3rd"]I was also thinking the same thing .

Not quite the same stance as you took last season ,, hey LDC ?[/quote]

Listen, I was very much aware of his shortcomings and lack of  charisma, but unlike those of you that preferred to slam every thing Hughton did regardless of anything good that he did, I preferred to try and engender some positive  support, in the incredibly difficult scenario of the lower half of the premiership survival, when we were rarely more than one win away from a mid table position.  Just a bit more positivity around the place just might have made some difference.  

However, we''ve moved on, made the transition through Adams and arrived at having a brilliant young manager in place and everything is looking generally a lot more positive.   Lets hope if we get promoted, the new manager will be given a little more consideration when we are in the bottom half of the table with things being very tight between the lower few clubs, which on recent seasons'' evidence, is almost inevitable.  

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Barclay seats 4849 the 3rd"]I was also thinking the same thing . Not quite the same stance as you took last season ,, hey LDC ?[/quote]

Listen, I was very much aware of his shortcomings and lack of  charisma, but unlike those of you that preferred to slam every thing Hughton did regardless of anything good that he did, I preferred to try and engender some positive  support, in the incredibly difficult scenario of the lower half of the premiership survival, when we were rarely more than one win away from a mid table position.  Just a bit more positivity around the place just might have made some difference.  

However, we''ve moved on, made the transition through Adams and arrived at having a brilliant young manager in place and everything is looking generally a lot more positive.   Lets hope if we get promoted, the new manager will be given a little more consideration when we are in the bottom half of the table with things being very tight between the lower few clubs, which on recent seasons'' evidence, is almost inevitable.  

[/quote]

Yet another attempt in the long saga from you, Lakey, to re-write history. Being in the bottom half of the Premiership or even being relegated was never what it was about. It was whether Chris Hughton took a group of players who had a little belief in themselves ( even if they possessed less quality than the bigger names ) and progressively removed that belief from them. That includes ALWAYS bigging up the opposition, which is what you started this thread with because of Hughton''s comments yesterday. 

LDC

The after match comments of Chris Hughton on FLS (at around 33.30 minutes)

FLS

Could have been taken from any number of games from last season, narrow 1-0 defeat, better team, better chances etc etc. You can appreciate what he stands for and his attitude, but hearing that makes you appreciate AN all the more!

Excellent day all round and great to see so many City fans there.

Are you a man that pokes wasp''s nests with sticks?

This thread reeks of attention seeking and hypocrisy.

Still blaming the fans'' negative attitude for Hughton''s incompetencies last season then, LDC?

Your embarassing. The rubbish you came out with last season as we sleep walked into relegation as you continually backed the most negative manager ive seen. A manager who continually picked the wrong team, tactics, couldnt change a game, didnt pick up enough points against teame in and around us and you continually backed him. And you have the nerve to come on here and slate him. Just proves what you are and thats a shit stirer.

Dear oh dear oh dear oh dear.
At this point I would traditionally dredge up sundry old threads to poke yet more fun at the OP, but seeing as he has just completed the online equivalent of gratefully eating his own sh*t, I think I will let him get on with it.
Time must pass very slowly in Carlisle.
I await your next sermon, you complete and utter bellend.

Read it again..  Treat it at face value, if you can..........which I doubt."Could have been taken from any number of games from last season, narrow

1-0 defeat, better team, better chances etc etc.   You can appreciate

what he stands for and his attitude, but hearing that makes you

appreciate AN all the more!"

It is a comment on his after match speeches which became a bit repetitive, not about anything else.  Every manager talks up the opposition. 

Embarrassing?    Yes, some of you are.  One sidedly sad  and embarrassing.     You were embarrassing last season in your negativity and are embarrassing now.  "Only sing when your winning" is what we sing to other fans.  Some of you give the impression that you only sing when things are easy.  Call yourselves supporters?  Pah!

come on yokels give respect to your fellow Norwich brothers ..your only on here to support Alex Neil : )

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]I hereby resolve that the "always the victim, it''s never your fault" song be reclaimed from Liverpool FC and given to LDC for sole use.[/quote]https://desertpeace.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/preferred-victim-card-new.png

[quote user="lake district canary"]Read it again.. 

[/quote]

I would like a quid for every time I have seen Lakey post this. [:|]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="lake district canary"]Read it again.. 

[/quote]

I would like a quid for every time I have seen Lakey post this. [:|]

[/quote]

That is pure greed Mr. Tilson. You would not know what to do with that much money.

Using the "victim" label is laughable, but always the same from the same three or four posters. Bor, Lapps, with Til, Morty and Yankee joining in the "fun"................laughable..............if you can''t win an argument, resort to ridicule or put downs - that''s how you do it, isn''t it boys?  Well done.   Good job.   But pointless.

Hughton''s after match talks after a defeat were predictable and repetitive - and towards the end it was pretty unpleasant hearing it, whether you supported him or not.........so............I hope I have clarified it enough.

Now - if you don''t want to talk about the op.............just bog off.

[quote user="DundeeFc"]come on yokels give respect to your fellow Norwich brothers ..your only on here to support Alex Neil : )[/quote]

Yokels ? Surprised no one''s said, " And you can **** right off back to Dundee too "

Oh, wait.... ( wink )

"

Oh, wait...