Sign in to follow this  
pete

Brainless

Apologies if this raised elsewhere cannot find an appropriate title. But Bradley Johnson proved today he can be the stupidest of players with a completely needless booking, Despite the referee telling Bradley to leave the pitch after his injury Bradley walked two paces back and then continued up the pitch for which he was rightly booked.

This leaves City with a problem on the left in midfield for the next two games, today Johnson and Olsson were immense down that side. Olsson who took a few knocks today could be also be missing.

I hope Alex Neil made his feelings clear to Johnson. What do we do now I would suggest Redmond fits into the left sided berth he played many games there early last season when Snoddy played right.

I agree Lord. Or maybe see is Vadis can do a job there. Dont think he will wanna start Redmond in two tricky away games.

it is frustrating especially after hearing the ref gave him a warning which he ignored - so ref had no choice.... what did Johnson think would happen?!?!

hopefully he will appreciate the 2 game rest and whoever steps in his place will give 100% to prove themselves.

Yeah brainless

Scored 2 goals today and 13 for the season. Yeah brainless.

Can remember tettey getting his final booking for his suspension and it was a great move.

Look how that panned out

BJ got my POTS vote a couple of weeks ago and his contribution this weekend has done nothing but to confirm that I had got that right.

Despite being fully appreciative of what he has done for us this season, it was disappointing to see him behave as he did today. He plays the game fully aware of his situation on the yellow card tally and will also now how important he is to our seasons success. Today''s yellow should in no way be likened to Tetty taking a deliberate card to get his ban served.

I can''t imagine what his thought process was during the incident, maybe an appeal on the basis that he had received a bang on the head and was not thinking straight!

Anyway, congrats on another great contribution otherwise and look forward to having him back for Middlesborough.

If the choice was to be between VOO and Nathan Redmond on who would come in to replce BJ, then based on what I saw today, VOO for about 2 minutes and NR for 15, then it would have to be VOO, doesn''t discount O''Neil of course.

Poor Bradley. Just got us 6 points from 2 games. He made an error of judgement today but hey ho.

He was likely to be.booked sooner or later, it''s a consequence of being a combative midfielder, if he has to miss two games then the next two are the ones I''d prefer him to miss.

Scoring the goals doesn''t excuse the lack of professionalism he showed to get that booking.

He''ll know that. He''ll know he''s made a mistake and he''ll learn from it.

I think he had to get past Bolton and they would have been wiped from the record books. But it''s so easy to sit in the stands and criticise players. Bradley Johnson was totally focussed on todays game. Under pressure what looks straightforward from the stands can be anything but out in the middle.

[quote user="pete"]Apologies if this raised elsewhere cannot find an appropriate title. But Bradley Johnson proved today he can be the stupidest of players with a completely needless booking, Despite the referee telling Bradley to leave the pitch after his injury Bradley walked two paces back and then continued up the pitch for which he was rightly booked.

This leaves City with a problem on the left in midfield for the next two games, today Johnson and Olsson were immense down that side. Olsson who took a few knocks today could be also be missing.

I hope Alex Neil made his feelings clear to Johnson. What do we do now I would suggest Redmond fits into the left sided berth he played many games there early last season when Snoddy played right.[/quote]

Attention seeking again - and the miserable Mr negative poster of the year award goes to .............Brainless Pete (aka look at me)

His ban, means we will get to see VOO start a game, he looked strong yesterday for the short time he was on the pitch, Bradley was wrapped up in the heat of the moment, the sort of player he is he just wanted to get straight back on the pitch, his reaction showed he totally mis read the signals from the ref, only thing missing was the tears. We are so lucky to have a player who wants to play every minute of every game and who is enjoying his role so much.

It is probable that he would get booked at some stage over the next 5 games. yes he will be a loss but better he is back for Borough and the play offs if needed

Damage limitation and a blessing in disguise - knowing how fired up he is he would have probably got a red in the Leeds game

Pete

"Olsson who took a few knocks today could be also be missing. "

Now then Pete, are you just making this up to be a little provocative and elicit lots of attention or are you just a miserable tw@t?😄

With five crucial games to go Johnson was bound too pick up a booking and then be out for two games. He knew what he was doing yesterday taking a booking. It was tactical. Now he will be back for the last three games without having to worry about a booking.

If it was intentional then he''s a fantastic actor- he looked utterly furious about it when it happened.

And as many others have said- he only needed to make it through two games without a booking to have avoided the two game ban.

It''s was 50% Johnson wanting to get straight back on and 50% ref acting billy big b0llocks "respect mah authoritah"

Just another s4it ref that makes the game all about him

Johnson left the ref no choice- he came back on once, was ordered off and just ignored him. If the ref had just booked him the first time I would have said it was the ref being a d1ck but he gave Johnson the opportunity to leave the pitch and he totally ignored it.

[quote user="Mr Jenkins"]Pete

"Olsson who took a few knocks today could be also be missing. "

Now then Pete, are you just making this up to be a little provocative and elicit lots of attention or are you just a miserable tw@t?😄[/quote]

Both