Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

OT Malky Mackay

Left/Sacked by Wigan. I really wanted him to be our manager last summer. Ooops. His reputation has been shot to be bits after his comments whilst at Cardiff and now the job hes done at Wigan.

Don,t think we,ve heard the last of him as a manager. Bit of time and ithink he will come good again,. Just a hunch, but i think hes a strong character and his experiences will make him a better manager in the future.

Failure at Wigan, coupled with unfinished business with Cardiff and the FA, is not a good combination on a CV for any football manager.Can''t really see that anybody would want to risk him with that kind of baggage.

Next Wigan manager:

Graeme Jones 9/4

Paul Jewell 4/1

Alan Irvine 6/1

Paul Ince 16/1

Stuart Pearce 16/1

Some awfull names there. Di Canio at 25/1 is a good bet tho.

[quote user="Making Plans"]Failure at Wigan, coupled with unfinished business with Cardiff and the FA, is not a good combination on a CV for any football manager.Can''t really see that anybody would want to risk him with that kind of baggage.[/quote]

Agreed. Maybe a scottish smaller club or abroad somewhere. But still got a hunch he will be successfull in the end. Could be wrong of course.

Can''t see Lambert taking on a no win situation like Wigan.Not good for his reputation if they go down & not good for him if they stay up because he wouldn''t want to be there next season - rubbish players, poor pitch, pathetic crowds.He''s got bigger fish to fry

Someone mentioned Cardiff as being a potential destination for Lambert which would make sense.

As for Malky- he is a walking PR disaster but when he was generally a successful manager a desperate club would overlook that. After being an utter failure at Wigan he will surely only appeal to an even more desperate club at a lower level. He has probably also made a move into punditry impossible for himself.

Your right, i think Malky is finished in the game.

I''m not sure Lambert would want to manage cardiff, hes already worked for one controversial owner why would he want to work for another (that goes with wigan too in some ways).

I just have a feeling with Brentford being managerless in the summer Lambert would fit in well there.

I''d agree the Brentford seem to be a fit but the direction they seem to be going in may not fit Lambert- they seem to be wanting a situation where the manager just coaches and recruitment of players is not in their remit.

Wigan sold quite a few players in January and needed to reinvest in the squad, but they didn''t and are paying the price. Malky had to rely on bringing in freebies, loanees and a couple of cheapies. The playing squad is significantly weaker now than it was a year ago, thats down to the board, not Malky. He has been made a scapegoat for wider issues at the club. He will be back.

it makes me sad to think that Malky may have had the attitude and views he did when playing for us.... perhaps it was the snobbery of management that changed him?

[quote user="king canary"]I''d agree the Brentford seem to be a fit but the direction they seem to be going in may not fit Lambert- they seem to be wanting a situation where the manager just coaches and recruitment of players is not in their remit.[/quote]The uproar in January about Warburton leaving started when the Brentford chairman was spotted in Spain having a meal with an unnamed Spanish manager. Add that to what the club said at the time about how they wanted to develop:"You would think that a European head coach

is more likely to fit in than a British manager who generally speaking

doesn''t work within that system"and the prospect of Lambert taking over seems remote.

Whilst I agree that Lambert won''t be taking over at Brentford, he wouldn''t be an outsider as he was training in coaching in Germany and has a more continental approach.

Gary Karsa was basically operating as his Director of Football at Norwich and Villa whilst not holding that title.

Brentford want to introduce the statistical based coaching and scouting system that the owner has been trialling at his other club in Denmark, Fc Midtjylland, where it has been pretty successful. I can understand why Warburton might not want to be the manager whilst this experiment is taking place, as if it goes wrong he''ll almost certainly be blamed.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Whilst I agree that Lambert won''t be taking over at Brentford, he wouldn''t be an outsider as he was training in coaching in Germany and has a more continental approach.

Gary Karsa was basically operating as his Director of Football at Norwich and Villa whilst not holding that title.

Brentford want to introduce the statistical based coaching and scouting system that the owner has been trialling at his other club in Denmark, Fc Midtjylland, where it has been pretty successful. I can understand why Warburton might not want to be the manager whilst this experiment is taking place, as if it goes wrong he''ll almost certainly be blamed.[/quote]

I don''t see how Lambert is a continental coach in any shape or format. Karsa is his man and his signings at our club were based heavily on players he''d managed or come directly up against. His football while here was also decidedly british IMO.

Gary Caldwell has been appointed Manager of WiganIt''s only from the BBC website so it might be wrong [;)]http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/