Sign in to follow this  
Icecream Snow

Canarycall /groan

Why on earth can''t Rob Butler shut up about the Bradley Johnson booking? He''s been going on like a scratched record for nearly 30 minutes.

Agreed showing what a twit he is. O''Neill and Ojoe more than good enough. Or go 4-4-2 even.In AN we trust.

People forgetting he actually scored a brace today that won us the game

Knobs

IMO It was daft of BJ but was also was unnecessary for the ref to card him, he''d not commuted a foul all game and a word would have done. It seems you can sometimes practically break a guys leg and not get a card, yet it is sufficient to get one for returning to the pitch from the ''wrong'' place. Give me a break. Still, what''s done is done, we have plenty of cover and get a fresh BJ back for the boro game.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]IMO It was daft of BJ but was also was unnecessary for the ref to card him, he''d not commuted a foul all game and a word would have done. It seems you can sometimes practically break a guys leg and not get a card, yet it is sufficient to get one for returning to the pitch from the ''wrong'' place. Give me a break. Still, what''s done is done, we have plenty of cover and get a fresh BJ back for the boro game.[/quote]What got him booked was his refusing to go off again when the ref told him. If Jonno had done as he was told at that point he wouldn''t have been booked. Which makes me wonder whether it was actually intentional (as Tettey''s 10th yellow clearly was a few weeks ago). The players know the rules well enough, and Jonno wasn''t in headless chicken mode.

It''s a bit of an annoying rule but it was pretty stupid of Johnson to get himself booked.

Haven''t got much sympathy for him.

I have said it before it is called The Rob show he loves to hear his own voice.i now don''t listern to the canary call because off this idiot.Rant over

Intentional. AN want BJ ready for Boro.

If he instead was booked at Bolton or Leeds, he would miss Boro.

Voo/ONeill suffiicient cover.

Yeh, we were going to lose him for a couple of matches

And if he hadn,t got the yellow today, i think he would have done next or at Leeds. Either way we,d miss him for Boro game. Sure, we wouldn,t want to lose him for any game, but as that scenario is unlikely, personally, i,m glad he will be back for next home game. We should have enough cover in our squad to still pick up what we need at Bolton and Leeds.

Was pretty annoyed at him at the time, especially as he wouldn''t stop arguing after he got booked- both him and Martin seemed to want to talk themselves into red cards today.

I assume it will mean Redmond coming into the team for the next couple of games?

Glad it wasn''t just me, thought canary call was very disappointing tonight, too much gushing about Bradley Johnson and not enough calls or talk about the performance and another 3 points.

When Neil Adams used to do canary call there was just him, why do we have to have two people chirping in now?

The slate is wiped clean after the bolton game. Only had to hold on a another game and a half and he could''ve got booked in every game and not served a suspension.

Very poor from Johnson. Hoolahan was signalling to him to get off the pitch before he got booked, but he carried on. And to be fair to the ref he gave him another chance.

Chance for O''Neill, Vadis or Redmond now. We wont be the only team in the top 6 who loses a top player to injury or suspension. We just get on with it and hope someone steps up.

It has been suggested if a player not reached 10 yellows by April 12th will not be suspended if 10th after this date. If true Johnson only needed to get caution free today and at Bolton so todays booking entirely pointless. Can someone clarify 12th August cut off.

Yer he only had to get through today and bolton.

Strange that FA website has now updated todays bookings and says 9 bookings next game bolton.

But i guess the club has staff who look into things like player suspensions/fines etc. And alex neil says he has 10 and you would guess he would be in the know.

I can''t imagine this was a planned one as he seemed very irate at the time and I recall being slightly uncomfortable watching him and thinking he was on his way to a speedy second..

Firstly, Johnson''s booking. Not officious refereeing, mandatory yellow. I actually thought the ref tried to usher him back to the touchline but Johnson didn''t retreat in time and the rest is history. May be a blessing though, definitely OK for ''Boro (but why spend half an hour discussing this to the exclusion of everything else).

Secondly, the original post was about Canary Call. We were spoiled with the Goreham/Adams combo; excellent presenter and articulate and thoughtful opinions from Adams. With Butler you have a fan (and I can''t fault his enthusiasm) however he is someone who is far too matey with everyone, continually interrupts, is ill-informed (yesterday''s criticism of the ref booking Johnson and ignoring Eadie the ''expert'' being an example) and is far too fond of his own voice. Just let the people speak, play devil''s advocate if appropriate and move on. Far too many callers are allowed far too long, some upwards of 10 minutes but that may well be someone else''s decision. Used to be a great show (idiot callers included) but no longer I''m afraid.

I quite like Rob Butler on '' Canary Call ''. He''s very passionate and you would expect presenters to lean towards City but his enthusiasm as a fan sometimes doesn''t do him any favours.

It''s all a matter of opinion but most people agree that Johnson was stupid to get himself booked unless he did it deliberately which I doubt judging by how he was doing his best to get sent off by ranting at the ref.

I think we all know RB would''ve seen it rather differently if a Wed player had done the same thing.

In my opinion Rob Butler does a great job and is far better than Adams ever was... Adams as an employee of the club was never going to give anything other than a bland view of things.

When leaving the ground most people were discussing the Johnson booking, Butler reflected that.

Like I said, my opinion and that of a number of my mates. One mans poison and all that...