Sign in to follow this  
droundi

Bolton next week

Always amazes me how many people travel away. How much would it cost, cheapest way possible, for one adult and one under16 to travel there and back match tickets included. All credit to those who go and give the team their support in such large numbers cos we,re going to need it in all of the rest of our games now.OTBC!

Love it or hate it, club cabbage is usually the cheapest way to go.Though it is one long coach journey this one!

Training up for around £60. It''s about the same price I''d pay to fill the car up.

Having done the Club Cabbage experience once before, won''t be repeating. Cabbage wasn''t the only vegetable I encountered that day.

[quote user="morty"]Love it or hate it, club cabbage is usually the cheapest way to go.Though it is one long coach journey this one![/quote]Certainly is. I can remember making the equivalent trip by supporters'' coach to Blackburn in 1968 (?). We lost 3:1! Getting 3000 game after game shows that, for the away support, it''s not the result that matters, it''s the taking part.

[quote user="westcoastcanary"][quote user="morty"]Love it or hate it, club cabbage is usually the cheapest way to go.Though it is one long coach journey this one![/quote]Certainly is. I can remember making the equivalent trip by supporters'' coach to Blackburn in 1968 (?). We lost 3:1! Getting 3000 game after game shows that, for the away support, it''s not the result that matters, it''s the taking part.[/quote]I opted for coach this time as drove to Bolton last time, and had an absolute nightmare getting away from the ground after.

I''ll be there, although as I live in Derby, the trek isn''t quite so gruelling, only 2 and a bit hours each way from here. £10-20 in petrol and £24 each for tickets, not too bad really.

[quote user="Wes Hooly Fan"]You would have been better to park in the town centre and bus or train in, Morty.

Rookie error that.[/quote]Cheers for your advice. 3 seasons too late.

No problem. Using the JustPark website to find very cheap parking spots within walking distance of the ground has proved very handy to me in the past also. Although the fact that the Macron is on a retail park would mean this would be unlikely for this particular fixture.

Hope we get a good turnout - given our fan are we should sell out in a match of this importance. That extra push from the crowd just might help. Parked at the ground last time and was ok getting away tbh. But we''d just won our first prem away game under Lambert thanks to Pilks so all were very happy.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Hope we get a good turnout - given our fan are we should sell out in a match of this importance. That extra push from the crowd just might help. Parked at the ground last time and was ok getting away tbh. But we''d just won our first prem away game under Lambert thanks to Pilks so all were very happy.[/quote]Yeah that was the game I was on about, I parked on Parkway, and sat in traffic for ages getting out.

To be fair club cabbage is not that bad, we alternate between driving to some and coach to others, our coach back from Brighton arrived back at 8.15 on Friday night, good going ! car wouldn''t have been any quicker, get on the bus, we need all there together !

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]To be fair club cabbage is not that bad, we alternate between driving to some and coach to others, our coach back from Brighton arrived back at 8.15 on Friday night, good going ! car wouldn''t have been any quicker, get on the bus, we need all there together ![/quote]The coaches are fine, as long as you stay away from the ones full of "reggullurs buh".

[quote user="The Phantom "]Always coach 3 always[/quote]Yeah I think thats the one I usually end up on. Coaches 1 and 2 not worth the hassle of the filthy looks you get because "Marjorie has always sat in that seat for the last 29 years"

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]coach 3 Roger ! always first home[/quote]

Indeed that''s why I go on it on the rare occasion I cabbage!

Neil Lennon v Alex Neil ..I''d go for the ginger over the bald man ..if you don''t beat Bolton its play offs