Sign in to follow this  
The Phantom

Ipswich Racist

[quote user="king canary"]Errr what?[/quote]Lakey turning the thread round to be about his whiney issues.Again.

Whining about whining.

I''m sure the irony is lost on you there.

You''re just as bad as LDC, Morty, so I wouldn''t get on your high horse just yet.

Blimey - couldn''t we just have a game of football to talk about!

Suddenly we have a week between games and it seems like an inordinately long time and we start having bicker threads like this! I do agree the original post - "let''s all point and laught at the Ipswich racist" is very stupid. We have as bad a problem if not worse.

[quote user="Wes Hooly Fan"]Whining about whining.

I''m sure the irony is lost on you there.

You''re just as bad as LDC, Morty, so I wouldn''t get on your high horse just yet.[/quote]So, hang on a minute, you''re whining about me whining about somebody else whining?Hows that for irony?Yeah, no horse for you either fella.[:)]

[quote user="daly"]

This racist business has gone over the top, when I lived in the USA I got called a limey but never thought to go to the race relations board or any of that crap. Get on with life. Some Americans do not like being called yankee''s but whats the big deal.

Unless you are a Guardian reader then you will find something to sue for

[/quote]I''m not sure why I''m bothering, but I''ll give this a shot seeing as you''re either too ignorant or just plain bullheaded to wrap your head around anyone else assessment."isms" (including racism) come from a basic formula of prejudice+power. which simply breaks down to; Power comes from a group that sees them self as, for lack of the better word, the norm. and prejudice being pretty self explanatory (if you need a definition on that, then I am clearly wasting my time even further.) when put together they work to help define the ''norm'' while simultaneously degrading and creating a negative effect to others around (those of a different race).as for your ''Limey'' and ''Yank'' situation. that is at best intolerance, and I would even call xenophobia too far. and this is coming from a brit currently studying in the U.S, who has yet to have someone call me a Limey

[quote user="morty"][quote user="king canary"]Errr what?[/quote]Lakey turning the thread round to be about his whiney issues.Again.[/quote]Hold your horses there, laddie. LDC made some valid points in that post.Play the ball, not the man.

[quote user="quentin fulcher"][quote user="morty"][quote user="king canary"]Errr what?[/quote]Lakey turning the thread round to be about his whiney issues.Again.[/quote]Hold your horses there, laddie. LDC made some valid points in that post.Play the ball, not the man.[/quote]Then used the post to whine about forum bullies. Making yet another thread about him and his issues.

[quote user="Wes Hooly Fan"]350 notes seems like a pathetically lenient fine, don''t you think?[/quote]

That was the point of my OP its a disgrace

http://www.itv.com/news/anglia/update/2015-04-08/ipswich-town-player-pays-off-mums-debts/

I recognise this is a norwich forum, but it''s quiet on here today, the top story being about our kit, so came across this.

The scum left back Mings, known for playing football/hoofball, drink driving, betting scandals, girlfriend beating etc etc, has kindly decided to pay off his mums debt, however he''s very keen to make this known. All very well and nice of him. However, he posted this on his instagram. Surely you would just do this privately without making it public, because it just makes you seem like an attention seeking tw@t, no?

[quote user="mrs miggins"]http://www.itv.com/news/anglia/update/2015-04-08/ipswich-town-player-pays-off-mums-debts/

I recognise this is a norwich forum, but it''s quiet on here today, the top story being about our kit, so came across this.

The scum left back Mings, known for playing football/hoofball, drink driving, betting scandals, girlfriend beating etc etc, has kindly decided to pay off his mums debt, however he''s very keen to make this known. All very well and nice of him. However, he posted this on his instagram. Surely you would just do this privately without making it public, because it just makes you seem like an attention seeking tw@t, no?[/quote]The fact that he has been earning good money for a while now and she even had debts a bit odd.Yeah, massively attention seeking.

To be fair there is a fair amount of do gooding attention seeking on this board it goes on every where. People can''t seem to do good and be modest about it anymore!

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSxBbHK8LUMl5AVJNcD-d-ZJPvQ7rEO0SgvP_Zbb1CHUY_VsIo1Zw

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSZGKn3WF7vjhUBcVvA5ZHQ7qtfdM7vaBlJ5pWcAnvv2k59wO6cPg

Hilarious last line in that write up -

After the case, Clements said he would gladly apologise to the footballer in person. ”I’m not racist,” he added. “If he had been playing for Ipswich I would have supported him.”

It just goes to show there is a lot of misunderstanding on racism. Racism is a form of abuse not based just on the colour of the skin, because racism can be against any race - white, black, yellow, pink etc etc.  It is just a form of abuse on someone else because they are different. That difference is seen as a threat to the person/people who perpetrate it - as in the 50''s and 60''s when people were afraid black/asian people would move in to their street and threaten their way of life.  Racism is just more noticeable in blacks and asians because of the obvious difference in looks.  Religious racism - as against the Jews - is worse as it encompasses a religion and a certain "look".   In Clement''s case, it was abuse he wanted to give - because Jerome played for Norwich, more than his colour - he just wanted to give a Norwich player some abuse.

As I said earlier, abuse is just abuse, like people used to - and still do - laugh or sneer at overweight people, or at effeminate males, or anything else.  Imo people get too wound up about all sorts of particular "isms" - one word can encompass it all - "abuse".    Stop people from wanting to be abusive per se - and you sort the problem of racism, sexism etc etc.  But that is asking quite a lot.......but imo it is a worthy aim.

I seem to remember you being branded both racist and homophobic in your time here Lakey....

The majority of posters on this message board appear to be racist against Cumbrians.  I''m amazed this thread hasn''t been pulled yet.
But seeing as it hasn''t, I took the old girl for a pint in one of Norwich''s finest ale houses this afternoon, and I saw this beer on the menu.
Not sure why, Lakey, but it made me think of you.
[img]http://s1.postimg.org/cu13z307j/20150408_145802_resized.jpg[/img]

This thread is proof that Racism is whatever the self appointed Witch Finder Generals of the left decide it is.

In all seriousness though, I fail to understand why so many people in this country are racists. I''m a ''white'' english myself and some of the stuff i read on internet blogs truly disgusts me. I think much of the media predominantly run by US companies are having a really bad influence on our society. Its so sad that people take in so much crap from tabloid newspapers like the sun, daily mirror and others, and don''t realise how SKY and even BBC portrays sections of our community as criminals and terrorists(yes black ppl and muslims).why cant every1 treat each others equally regardless of race, colour or religion!

Furthermore, even worse examples are Match of the Day and the Football League Show. Unlike the players on the pitch, the make up of the spectators is "disgustingly white" as a former BBC director general might have put it. Surely these crowds of football fans should be airbrushed from our screens as they do not reflect the"enriched" society that multicultural, multiracial Britain has become.

[:)]