Sign in to follow this  
The Phantom

Ipswich Racist

Just seen one of the Binners has been convicted of racially abusing Jerome online.

Sum''s up that horrible little club right up their with Leeds and Millwall in my opinion.

A jail sentence should have been the correct punishment not a fine

This thread is stupid, every club has it''s problem fans. We''ve had racist incidents this season and last, more than Ipswich, do you wish to apply your flawed logic to Norwich as well?

This racist business has gone over the top, when I lived in the USA I got called a limey but never thought to go to the race relations board or any of that crap. Get on with life. Some Americans do not like being called yankee''s but whats the big deal.

Unless you are a Guardian reader then you will find something to sue for

That word was CRxP why do they bother with all  the worlds problems and when kids of 4 years old  plus can watch 2 gay men kissing on Corrie

[quote user="daly"]

This racist business has gone over the top, when I lived in the USA I got called a limey but never thought to go to the race relations board or any of that crap. Get on with life. Some Americans do not like being called yankee''s but whats the big deal.

[/quote]Yeah, I don''t really think you''re getting what racism is about lol.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="daly"]

[/quote]

Yeah, I don''t really think you''re getting what racism is about lol.
[/quote]

Please enlighten me at your convenience. I''m sure you are a mime knowledge on the subject

Does Daly honestly believe that or is he trying to prompt a ''debate''?

[quote user="daly"][quote user="morty"][quote user="daly"]

[/quote]Yeah, I don''t really think you''re getting what racism is about lol.[/quote]

Please enlighten me at your convenience. I''m sure you are a mime knowledge on the subject

[/quote]Well, I''ll humour you, though I really can''t believe that you are this stupid.Racism is primarily the abuse of another person, purely based on the colour of their skin.Dislike, or abuse of someone primarily because they are from another country is called Xenephobia. Well not exactly, but thats the closest I can think of.Hope this helps[Y]

Somebody once wrote;-

"When you are dead, you don''t know you are dead, it is however difficult for the others, those left behind.

It is also the same when you are stupid."

We live in a society where racism is unacceptable, time we got our heads round that one.

[quote user="Ginja"]This thread is stupid, every club has it''s problem fans. We''ve had racist incidents this season and last, more than Ipswich, do you wish to apply your flawed logic to Norwich as well?[/quote]

I wouldnt as i am a norwich fan but we know what you are!

I used to get called "honky" when I was a busboy in Harlem but you just have to get on with it and hope karma is a real thing and not just something John Lennon invented.

[quote user="morty"]I am genuinely staggered that I had to explain that.[/quote]I feared you might be wasting your time with that one Morty.........................[:(]

I like this bit''Ruth Johnson, for Clements, said the self-employed painter/decorator posted the comment “without engaging his brain”.''she would have done better by reminding the judge that her client '' is from Suffolk'', that can go a long way when trying to explain stupidity

Racism is the prejudice based on the superiority of a particular race compared to others and the antagonism or discrimination that follows. The Nazi genocide of European Jewry and other non Arians is a classic example. Whilst skin colour is often cited as racism, the term does not require there to be any significant difference in skin pigmentation.

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]Racism is the prejudice based on the superiority of a particular race compared to others and the antagonism or discrimination that follows. The Nazi genocide of European Jewry and other non Arians is a classic example. Whilst skin colour is often cited as racism, the term does not require there to be any significant difference in skin pigmentation.[/quote]In the context of the subject matter of this thread we are talking about racism based on the colour of someone''s skin.Calling someone a limey or a yankee is an extremely poor comparison, and I doubt said name calling would be prosecuted under the race relations act, which again, is the subject of the thread.

It is the intent behind the words that is the offence, not simply the words themselves.As to Daly he doesn''t appear to have much between his ears so folk shuld be reminded of how much worth there is in trying to engage in any meaningful dialogue with him. None, to be precise.

Race relations board? People telling on each other for expressing opinions? Is this East Anglia or East Germany? It''s a slippery slope you''re accepting. What''s next? Persecution for calling someone you disagree with a bellend, perhaps.

[quote user="Gainer the Gopher"]Race relations board? People telling on each other for expressing opinions? Is this East Anglia or East Germany? It''s a slippery slope you''re accepting. What''s next? Persecution for calling someone you disagree with a bellend, perhaps.[/quote]Nobody is ''telling on'' anybody. So stop posting up stupid stuff. And maybe read up on history a bit more. Perhaps the bits about the Germany of the 1930''s where hatred towards certain groups started at a very low level. The odd ''expressed view'' here and there. Then followed up by acts of intimidation, then violence ..........etcPerhaps you want a soceity where folk can be verbally attacked and intimidated not because they disagree about something, but because of their skin colour or sex. You are in a minority, so why not move to Syria or Iraq where there are plenty who see the world as you do.

[quote user="Bob Down"][quote user="Gainer the Gopher"]Race relations board? People telling on each other for expressing opinions? Is this East Anglia or East Germany? It''s a slippery slope you''re accepting. What''s next? Persecution for calling someone you disagree with a bellend, perhaps.[/quote]Nobody is ''telling on'' anybody. So stop posting up stupid stuff. And maybe read up on history a bit more. Perhaps the bits about the Germany of the 1930''s where hatred towards certain groups started at a very low level. The odd ''expressed view'' here and there. Then followed up by acts of intimidation, then violence ..........etcPerhaps you want a soceity where folk can be verbally attacked and intimidated not because they disagree about something, but because of their skin colour or sex. You are in a minority, so why not move to Syria or Iraq where there are plenty who see the world as you do.

[/quote]I would take the same advice that you gave me about Daly on this one lol.

Here''s the Irish angle on Racism.......''.Its none of your business what someone else thinks of you''.. heard on local radio today.

[quote user="wcorkcanary"]Here''s the Irish angle on Racism.......''.Its none of your business what someone else thinks of you''.. heard on local radio today.[/quote]this was not a thought, this was a published opinionand yes Morty, I will

Well, it''s obvious that a human being, from whatever country, is not a sweaty sock.  So no, that''s not racist.  If you''d said an unemployed tight-fisted, alcoholic, wife beating racist then yes, that would be racist about Scottish people even if it was true.

[quote user="Bob Down"]It is the intent behind the words that is the offence, not simply the words themselves.

As to Daly he doesn''t appear to have much between his ears so folk shuld be reminded of how much worth there is in trying to engage in any meaningful dialogue with him. None, to be precise.
[/quote]

Bob Down name says it all would not bother to reply regarding your comments.

[quote user="daly"]

[quote user="Bob Down"]It is the intent behind the words that is the offence, not simply the words themselves.As to Daly he doesn''t appear to have much between his ears so folk shuld be reminded of how much worth there is in trying to engage in any meaningful dialogue with him. None, to be precise.[/quote]

Bob Down name says it all would not bother to reply regarding your comments.

[/quote]In what way does his name "say it all" Daly?

[quote user="Gainer the Gopher"]Race relations board? People telling on each other for expressing opinions? Is this East Anglia or East Germany? It''s a slippery slope you''re accepting. What''s next? Persecution for calling someone you disagree with a bellend, perhaps.[/quote]

Abuse is abuse whatever particular name you attach to it, racism, sexism, bullying, re-writing history, physical etc etc. Abuse of the truth is the worst abuse imo.  The falsification of large amounts of history that has existed for a large part of the last hundred years - such as the pulling down of Saddam Hussein''s statue - a supposed glorious uprising faked by the Americans in a symbolic and choreographed event at which there was only a ring of tanks, a few media and thirty or so stooges who were actually placed there for the media, interspersed with footage from elsewhere and fake crowd noise.  Mis-representation of all kinds happens everywhere for the purpose of perpetuating a one sided view of things.  Message boards are full of it too, abuse, misreprepresentations and power struggles.  Don''t believe all you see or read is the answer.