Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Club not changing kit next season?

I''ve noticed that we are into April and the home and away shirts have not been reduced, I wonder if this means that the kits are actually going to last more than 1 season?

I''m sure they are waiting to know what league we are in, so all promo material is right, plus maybe we get better deals if we are prem.

If we go up and Watford or Wolves don''t, maybe we can ditch the away kit completely and just wear yellow and green all the time? Failing that I''d like to see a white and green version of the current home kit.

Can anyone remember how long our deal was with Errea? Was it due to come to a close at the end of the 2014/15 season or is the deal still ongoing for another season or two?

As I said in the other thread, perhaps we are waiting until we know what division we are in next season, to maybe renegotiate kit and sponsorship deals.No sense in committing to anything right now.

[quote user="morty"]As I said in the other thread, perhaps we are waiting until we know what division we are in next season, to maybe renegotiate kit and sponsorship deals.No sense in committing to anything right now.[/quote]

I get that part of it mate, just can''t remember how long our current deal with Errea has got to run - if it''s say, a five year deal, then we''ll know for certain who''ll be making our kit next season as I believe this is our 4th year with them?

[quote user="Alex "][quote user="morty"]As I said in the other thread, perhaps we are waiting until we know what division we are in next season, to maybe renegotiate kit and sponsorship deals.No sense in committing to anything right now.[/quote]

I get that part of it mate, just can''t remember how long our current deal with Errea has got to run - if it''s say, a five year deal, then we''ll know for certain who''ll be making our kit next season as I believe this is our 4th year with them?[/quote]I vaguely remember something about the Errea deal, but pretty sure it was initially only a season or two, certainly not 5 years. All I can find on google is that we started with them in 2011, but no mention of any fixed length to the deal.The deal signed in 2011 was initially for one year.http://www.sportspromedia.com/news/norwich_city_set_to_bring_italian_style_to_premier_league

I guess they are waiting to see if we make the Play Off final before they drop the prices as there would be an increase in shirts sales for the day at Wembley.

Don''t care really as I''ve had mine all season.

The new kit has already been designed and will be released in the summer. The designer is the same as the last one and this will be his second Norwich shirt. I met him recently and its safe to say he is very excited with his new design!

No exciting conspiracy for this one I''m afraid. They''re still selling, so they''re not reducing the prices this season.

I asked in the club shop and they were just honest in that there''s no need to reduce the prices as people are still buying them.

Irrespective of whether we have a new home kit, can we just knock wearing an away kit on the head once and for all unless we play a team that actually wears yellow, gold or orange shirts -i.e. Hull, Wolves and Watford (plus Blackpool, Bradford, Burton, Luton, Mansfield, Newport and Oxford if you want to be picky)

If the point of a second kit is anything other than to avoid a color clash then let''s admit it''s a fashion item, that''s nice to wear to the game as an alternative top, but not for the team to wear when it''s totally unnecessary. We are a unique club and there is no need to dilute that uniqueness when we don''t have to. IMO.

[quote user="Surfer"]Irrespective of whether we have a new home kit, can we just knock wearing an away kit on the head once and for all unless we play a team that actually wears yellow, gold or orange shirts -i.e. Hull, Wolves and Watford (plus Blackpool, Bradford, Burton, Luton, Mansfield, Newport and Oxford if you want to be picky)

If the point of a second kit is anything other than to avoid a color clash then let''s admit it''s a fashion item, that''s nice to wear to the game as an alternative top, but not for the team to wear when it''s totally unnecessary. We are a unique club and there is no need to dilute that uniqueness when we don''t have to. IMO.[/quote]

Unfortunately, its about economy of scale.  If you go to the trouble of designing and producing an away kit in the first place, it has to be used enough to make people more likely to buy it.  Only wear it once or twice and no-one would buy it.  Its just a money making exercise. I saw somewhere that contracturaly we have to wear it ten times a season, although I''m not certain of that.

The Lotus green away kit was nice in 2004 as it kept with club colours - no other green kits in the prem.

Is there an argument that green still offers a clash as the home kit has green shorts etc?

Otherwise I see what you mean. Not many have yellow plus it''s more special if the away kit is only worn a few times, if not once or twice.

I''m sure the deal was a rolling one year contract, so unless the club are unhappy can''t see why they would change. To be fair they have produced some nice kits.

I''m pretty certain there is some kind of contractual bullcr@p about how many times the away kit must be worn, all very businessy and not very footbally.

The club always seem to be very quiet when it comes to the length of deals with kit suppliers.

Errea have produced some nice kits and long may yhe continue, in some ways it would be nice to have a big name on the shirts as we havent had one since 1984 (Asis and hummell reasonable sized but not huge), however we may not get such a good deal financially and unless you are a top european tem it is common that with a big name your kit is identical to another sides but with different colours.

I can see the clubs reasoning for changing them yearly as its a good source of income, however it would be nice if kits were on a 2 year cycle with home replaced 1 year and away the next, this would help people with a limited budget to buy 1 a season.

Prime example of identical kits, look at Ipswich''s and Nottingham forests for this season

One of the main reasons the club chose, and enjoys a good relationship with Errea is that they are an ethically sound company. All their products are produced in their own factory in Parma where employers are paid fair wages and materials are responsibly sourced. It also allows them to have a far greater influence over the final design instead of choosing from a handful of templates. Why wish to be like everyone else? We are Norwich, we do things differently!

[quote user="Brighton Yellow"]One of the main reasons the club chose, and enjoys a good relationship with Errea is that they are an ethically sound company. All their products are produced in their own factory in Parma where employers are paid fair wages and materials are responsibly sourced. It also allows them to have a far greater influence over the final design instead of choosing from a handful of templates. Why wish to be like everyone else? We are Norwich, we do things differently![/quote]

Not sure that''s quite correct, Brighton - I''ve got some of Chris Hughton''s and Wes Hoolahan''s training gear here, and the Errea label says it''s made in China! And it''s certainly authentic as it came through the club, but irrespective of that, Errea clothing really makes that Xara stuff look quite awful!. Personally, I''ll be happy if they work side by side with the club for many years to come.

Oh really, I have not seen the training gear up close to notice that. I do know that the replica kits should deficiently be made in their Parma factory though. Replica kits are obviously the biggest sellers when it comes to clothing sold in the club shop so I do take some comfort in knowing that they at least at responsibly sourced. I do know that the new head buyer at Norwich has visited factories of suppliers to ensure things are being run properly.