Sign in to follow this  
Crazy Eddie

Time for Vadis

What better way to compensate for the loss of Johnson than by hindering the opposition''s preparation with a completely unknown quantity? Ok, we don''t know a great deal about him ourselves, but we do know he is an energetic unit, similar in that respect to Johnson. He also came with a reputation for scoring goals from midfield and it is Johnson''s goals we will miss most over the next two games. He won''t be completely fit but for me worth the first 60-70 mins to see what he can do. I''d play him centre next to Howson and switch Dorrans out to the left side as I belive he has similar traits and goal scoring ability to Johnson. This remains solid, which we need in two away games. Redmond ready in the wings if it doesn''t work out.

I hope he gets his chance, the few times I have seen him play for the u21''s he looks very good indeed.As always though, its good that we have options.

If Vadis is similar to Johnson why move Dorrans out to the left? Norwich''s recent success is based on Dorrans and Tettey controlling the centre of the park - from what I have seen/read Vadis isn''t the kind of player to exert that control.

I expect we will see O''Neill come into the centre and Dorrans out on the left. If Vadis plays I imagine it will be on the left as a direct replacement for Johnson - that is what happened with the substitution on Monday (although hard to read anything from a change made in the 93rd min when 2-0 up).

I think Vadis will start as a straight swap for Bradley, no need to change anything else in the line up for Bolton as we should be more than capable of winning with our current away form, IMO.

so people think playing someone whos had less than 90 minutes of football for the club all season in must win promotion games is a good idea?what planet are you loons living on

[quote user="iron_stan"]so people think playing someone whos had less than 90 minutes of football for the club all season in must win promotion games is a good idea?what planet are you loons living on[/quote]If this was an entirely tested youth I would agree with you.But if he''s fit and looking good in traynun, why shouldn''t he be given the chance.No point in paying all that money to just never play him.

The guy is an absolute unit and he has that lazy long gait that players like Toure have that allows him to really eat up the ground - his fitness should not be an issue save for maybe in the last 10 or 15 when he could be subbed if he was tyring. The guy has credentials and deserves a chance - as Morty says, he''s not some untested youth player. I think the untested and no doubt the part of BJs game that people are most anxious about losing is his disruption and play without the ball.

I agree with Morty/a1, and while VOO is a bit of an unknown quantity to us supporters, he ought to be good enough (and fresh enough!) to fill in, though O''Neil could as well. My only other concern is the loss of BJ''s recent goalscoring habit, but someone else (maybe VOO himself) will have to step up!

Personally, I don''t see what Vadis has done for him to deserve getting into the team ahead of Redmond or O''Neill.

There is no obvious, like-for-like replacement to Johnson in the squad so I imagine Alex Neil will change things round a little rather than trying the square peg in a round hole approach.

Bethnal Yellow and Green wrote the following post at 09/04/2015 11:31 AM:

Personally, I don''t see what Vadis has done for him to deserve getting into the team ahead of Redmond or O''Neill.

There is no obvious, like-for-like replacement to Johnson in the squad so I imagine Alex Neil will change things round a little rather than trying the square peg in a round hole approach.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vadis has shown the supporters very little, simply because he has not played very much this season.

However, supporters are not able to comment on what he has shown in training and how his fitness has improved after such a long injury.

The manager will know this and, as such, will make his decision based on this.

For me ............. I''ll happily back any player Alex picks.

Of course AN is in the best position to judge players, the fact that he has barely used Vadis, despite him being fit for quite a while, suggests he hasn''t seen a huge amount from him so far.

Would be great for Vadis to be able to come in and make a real difference at this late stage - just feel it could be a gamble when O''Neill and Redmond have been producing good performances already this season.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Personally, I don''t see what Vadis has done for him to deserve getting into the team ahead of Redmond or O''Neill.

There is no obvious, like-for-like replacement to Johnson in the squad so I imagine Alex Neil will change things round a little rather than trying the square peg in a round hole approach.[/quote]Yep, Redmond deserves a start – Vadis should get a decent run-out in the next two games from the bench. Wouldn''t be surprised to see something like this (back five unchanged):--------------Tettey----Howson---------------Redmond--Hoolahan--Dorrans-----------------------Jerome---------------------O''Neil can probably play the sitting role better than Howson, but I don''t think Jonny operates well when he''s required to pull out to the right. So strange seeing him hugging the right touchline! Other option would be to stick Howson behind Jerome and O''Neil to sit, which will probably happen for one of the two away games – can''t see Wes starting both of them.

He may have played less than 90 minutes of first team football, and we as supporters can only assess him on junior team performance, but Bolton will have seen even less in all probability.

The manager has also seen Vadis in training, and thus knows a lot more about him than we do. If Vadis is not selected, it will probably be because Neil thinks either that the game is too important to risk him, or because he has doubts about the player''s contribution.

If Vadis is selected, and becomes a "secret weapon" for us, it will be because Neil sees no great risk.

I would only add that Vadis comes with a good reputation, and able to score from distance, so if he does play and does well it can only add to our attacking options for the rest of the season.

I highly doubt that Vadis will start for the simple reason he will be missing match sharpness coupled with the strength of the other options available. O''Neil, Redmond and Hopper would walk into most other Championship sides..

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Personally, I don''t see what Vadis has done for him to deserve getting into the team ahead of Redmond or O''Neill.

There is no obvious, like-for-like replacement to Johnson in the squad so I imagine Alex Neil will change things round a little rather than trying the square peg in a round hole approach.[/quote]

In terms of a like for like replacement, Dorrans fits the bill as much as anyone.  He has all the attributes Johnson has, with arguably better passing and has proven experience playing in the left - and he has goals in him.  The job he has been given so far has been less of a free role than he would maybe like and it could well be that being put on the left may free him up a bit more - as it did Johnson.  Johnson has been fantastic in his play this season and it will take a lot to match up to what he has done, but Dorrans is a class act too.

Hello iron stan, you''ve not been around much lately, a sure sign that things are going well at NCFC. Now be a good lad and leave us alone.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Of course AN is in the best position to judge players, the fact that he has barely used Vadis, despite him being fit for quite a while, suggests he hasn''t seen a huge amount from him so far.

Would be great for Vadis to be able to come in and make a real difference at this late stage - just feel it could be a gamble when O''Neill and Redmond have been producing good performances already this season.[/quote]

I''d say the fact we haven''t seen more of him is due to the others doing so well and not needing to change a winning team. The ''least risky'' option would be to play Dorrans left and put O''Neil in the middle and use Vadis as a sub to replace one of them later on. 

Failing that, give Redmond a run, but I can''t see both him and Wes starting in the same team, especially away from home.  If Redmond starts, Howson would be good in Wes'' role behind Jerome.

Thursday''s the day at Colney - they do 11v11 with the planned starting line up for Saturday making up one of the teams.

This morning the set up was Whittaker in the middle alongside Tettey with Dorrans out on the left. Martin was playing right back with R Bennett partnering Bassong at CH.

[quote user="ruthers1"]Thursday''s the day at Colney - they do 11v11 with the planned starting line up for Saturday making up one of the teams.

This morning the set up was Whittaker in the middle alongside Tettey with Dorrans out on the left. Martin was playing right back with R Bennett partnering Bassong at CH.[/quote]

Now you''ve got us all worried, Ruthers1. Maybe the starting 11 will be the other 11 Lol

[quote user="STFU"]Hello iron stan, you''ve not been around much lately, a sure sign that things are going well at NCFC. Now be a good lad and leave us alone.[/quote]hello farkwit

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]And you would start with who ?[/quote]redmond or o''neilslight change in formation if need bejut not someone whos not been able to break through and is apparently injury prone

Come on admit it, Whittaker back in the middle alongside Tettey - had a few of you going with that one! Lol