Sign in to follow this  
Crabbycanary3

Would this have happened in the Men's game?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32231318

It should, but somehow me thinks Sepp and his cronies, would come up with something to brush it under the carpet

Would it happen if the penalty had been in the 76th instead of 96th minute?
The whole thing seems crackers IMO.

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32231318

It should, but somehow me thinks Sepp and his cronies, would come up with something to brush it under the carpet[/quote]Yes it would.It was a Uefa decision so not something for Sepp as he''s FIFA.

Well she scored it. [url]http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32242750[/url]

What is also amazing is that the goal was disallowed for what was minimal encroachment.

Just watch any Premiership penalty and I cannot remember the last one I saw scored (or missed for that matter) when it should not have been retaken because of encroachment.

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]What is also amazing is that the goal was disallowed for what was minimal encroachment.

Just watch any Premiership penalty and I cannot remember the last one I saw scored (or missed for that matter) when it should not have been retaken because of encroachment.[/quote]The ref was clueless.  If you look closely, the player doing the encroaching, realised she had moved too early and stepped back outside the area before the ball was kicked, so really no meaningful encroachment took place anyway.   And to not know the rules on re-taking penalties is bizarre for a qualified ref - at any level.

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]What is also amazing is that the goal was disallowed for what was minimal encroachment.

Just watch any Premiership penalty and I cannot remember the last one I saw scored (or missed for that matter) when it should not have been retaken because of encroachment.[/quote]I often think that there needs to be a bit more common sense at times - from referees and at times from players.How often do you see the keeper come off their line for a Pen and shouldn''t? If he saves it, it should be retaken, if he doesn''t and it goes in or the player misses the target it should be ignored.Same with the player encroachment, if it is a defender who has encroached and gets to the ball first or blocks an emediate follow up - re-take. If it is an attacking player - free kick to the defending side.It is that simple. However, one thing I never get with penalties is why everyone crowds the edge of the box. As a youngster (early 20''s) I worked out that if you started your run at the same time as the penalty taker, you could already be moving as it was struck, time it right and you have a moving start and can be well ahead of anyone relying on a standing start. Got myself a couple of rebounds that way at least.

It already has happened in the men'' game - in 2005 when exactly the same thing happened in a fixture between Uzbekistan and Bahrain