Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Elliott Bennett

Is he injured or could he come in useful? If we go down the Redmond route to replace johnno, bennett is our next best winger and could do on the right what Redmond does on the left to some stubborn teams we are likely to face. Any news?

Was injured but I think he was back in training last week. Hasn''t been the same since his long injury but fingers crossed he gets back to the level he was before that. He''s a great guy to have in and around the squad.

Hope Elliott Bennett gets a chance to show what he can do under AN.

There have been too many posters/fans who want to see players cut before giving them the opportunity.

Believe it or not - some fans have even wanted BJ cut, Hoolahan cut, Grabban cut !!!!

Many wanted Chris Marin & Jackson cut - they got their wish - if only they played for us now !

He played at Brimingham (that boring 0-0 ) and had a really good game and there were glimpses of what he could be capable of producing if not injured as much as seems to be, a good championship player.

Seems a lovely lad, but what can he contribute medium to long term? Doubt he''ll be retained simply as a squad player - similar to Pilkington in so much as he seems a bit of a walking sick note...

I heard on a recent away trip to Brighton that some Brighton fans thought that Bennett had been their best player this season during his short loan back there. I really don''t think that he is likely to be even a second choice with Alex''s system at the moment. His strength is his ability to move the ball at speed going past players down the right side and his interplay with the fullback and right sided midfield. But this comes to the fore after a good run in the team. With Redmond and Whittaker getting down that right side and putting good crosses in and Howson now starting on that side he seems to be well down the pecking order. I personally don''t see him as a temporary replacement for BJ either, despite my wish to see him feature again in the side.

Don''t think he''s ever produced enough going forward. The only future I could see him having is at right back.

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]He played at Brimingham (that boring 0-0 ) and had a really good game and there were glimpses of what he could be capable of producing if not injured as much as seems to be, a good championship player.[/quote]

Love the guy.  A really great character, but "glimpses" is right.  Always appears to have talent and ability, but rarely shows it consistently or effectively enough.  The fantastic goal in the win against Tottenham in 2011 just showed what he is capable of.  The injury he had was a blow, as it happened just when he seemed to be maturing and ready to make more of an impact.  However, he still has time to prove himself and with his ability and hard work ethos, he can make an impact, but he needs to do it at Norwich soon, or for the sake of his career he may be better going elsewhere.

[quote user="vlad666"]Don''t think he''s ever produced enough going forward. The only future I could see him having is at right back.[/quote]Agree with this[Y]

Imagine a permanent move back to Brighton for a low fee will happen in the summer.

His injury in the Everton game last season pretty much finished his chances as he lost that yard of pace. A shame as not only a good player on his day but also comes across as a nice guy.