Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Norwich connections in the PL

In this league there are plenty of Norwich connections and of course Arron Wilbraham has been doing great this season (which is great to see),  Jamie Cureton and of course Cody in the lower leagues, but in the premier league this season, since  Lambert left Villa, there are few Norwich

connections left there now that I can think of.  Don''t really pay much attention to the PL when we''re not in it, but Steve Bruce is the only one I can think of off hand and Snodgrass, of course. Are there any/many others? 

Leroy fer at QPR....would''ve been nice to see Snoddy, shame he got injured.

Almost a good looking team then - Bruce as manager, then                                 ForsterNaughton .........  Shackell  GibbsSnodgrass   Fer  ........... Gutierrez            Kane  Crouchsub: Green, Vokes          

Thats a pretty damn good side, I''d say the only weak link besides the missing two positions obviously, would be Left mid (Redmond or Johnson to come in and replace Gutierrez. I don''t know if i''d prefer to have Crouch or either Jerome/Grabban/Hooper. Hopefully i''ll have a better idea by the end of next season ;)

----------------------Forster-----------------

Naughton Shackell Bassong Gibbs

----------------------tettey-------------------

snodgrass--howson---fer-----Johnson

----------------------kane--------------------

..yes i am bored.

Sherwood at Villa and Mike Phelan at Hull are the ones that come to mind. There are a couple of our ex-backroom staff at Prem clubs eg Tony Parks at Villa and Dave Watson at Southampton. Ex coach and caretaker Martin Hunter is in charge of one of the Southampton youth sides iirc.

Sherwood - Aston villa Mark Bowen -StokeDave Watson - NewcastleTony Parks Aston VillaJed Steer - Aston VillaMatthew Gilks - BurnleyKevin Reeves - EvertonJoe Royal -EvertonKeith Bertschin - HullRichie De Laet - LeicesterAngus Gunn - Man CityRob Newman - Man CityKevin Bond - QPRIan Butterworth - QPRRobert Green - QPRRyan Bertrand - SaintsCraig Fleming - SaintsFrazer Forster - SaintsPeter Crouch - StokeChris Llewellyn - Swansea Kyle Naughton - SwanseaHarry Kane - Spurs

Amazing how you  remember the donkey Wibreham but failed to remember all the above quoted players. I saw my first match during the war and can remember most of the players from the 40''s thru todays overpaid lot

[quote user="daly"]Amazing how you  remember the donkey Wibreham but failed to remember all the above quoted players. I saw my first match during the war and can remember most of the players from the 40''s thru todays overpaid lot[/quote]Are you from Dundee too? [:^)]

Slightly off topic but what has become of Marc Tierney and Andrew Crofts?

2 key players during our championship promotion winning campaign, haven''t heard much from either since offloading..

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="daly"]Amazing how you  remember the donkey Wibreham but failed to remember all the above quoted players. I saw my first match during the war and can remember most of the players from the 40''s thru todays overpaid lot[/quote]

Are you from Dundee too? [:^)]

[/quote]

NO I was born in Edinburgh and a proud scot