Sign in to follow this  
NCFC198

Brighton / Hughton

Brighton V Bournmouth

Brighton V Watford

Middlesbrough V Brighton

Hughton could do his best work for NCFC since the 10 game unbeaten run, starting tonight. 3 of their last five against our main rivals

There''s no question he brings stability and consistency to a club and that''s what Brighton need. He just seemed to reach an impasse with us and seemed to run out of ideas really quickly. Has yet to prove he has the dynamism and ideas to take clubs to the next level.

But here''s hoping he does us some favours in the coming games...!

A Hughton team at it''s best and in a league not dominated by super rich clubs and ridiculous amounts of pressure, will always be a force to be reckoned with, as he proved when manager of Birmingham.  His players will be slightly more relaxed than ours were under him, as mid table championship and lower half premiership are two completely different scenarios.  But they will still be well organised, hard to beat and able to express themselves better than we saw only in a few games under Hughton.   Would be very surprised if they don''t take at least some points off the three clubs mentioned. 

I''ll be watching tonight, I''m nervous of watfords form and I''m desperate to see Bournmouth lose their point advantage, a draw tonight and then a city win would be the perfect weekend thank you very much

[quote user="birchfest"]I''ll be watching tonight, I''m nervous of watfords form and I''m desperate to see Bournmouth lose their point advantage, a draw tonight and then a city win would be the perfect weekend thank you very much[/quote]Oh its on the telly?Will have some of that[Y]

They are still not "safe" either. 9 points off of Millwall who have a game in hand. So they will need at least a couple of wins just to be sure.Will be very interesting to see how they influence the run in.

Brighton have got a pretty good home record and I fully expect them to get a point tonight, opening the door for us going top tomorrow.

Getting a bit fed up with Bournmouth, when news came through that they were losing 2-0 on Saturday, chants went up of "we are top of the league" only to have our celebrations dashed.

Hopefully we will be singing it again tomorrow!

I am always reluctant to celebrate anything like that until the game is as good as done. Chanting we are top of the league before half time was more than a touch risky in my book of "Superstitions 101". Too many things to go one way or the other, better to sing it when we are actually top of the league rather than with a fair bit of mileage yet to go.

It was nice when it lasted chicken and hard not to get carried away with the chanting when it gets going.

Rational thinking tends to go out the window after a few pints when we''re winning.

[quote user="Mr Jenkins"]We were indeed but I think Chicken is counselling against the celebration. Not something I can manage I''m afraid[/quote]Ah.I would rather grab any football celebration with both hands, however brief it is. I have spent enough years trudging away from grounds, tripping over my bottom lip, so a bit of celebrating is always welcome.

[quote user="chicken"]I am always reluctant to celebrate anything like that until the game is as good as done. Chanting we are top of the league before half time was more than a touch risky in my book of "Superstitions 101". Too many things to go one way or the other, better to sing it when we are actually top of the league rather than with a fair bit of mileage yet to go.[/quote]agreed!Some of the posters on here aged 30 or over will know the "typical Norwich" of years gone by.... if there was any choking to be done we''d do it!

[quote user="Mr Jenkins"]We were indeed but I think Chicken is counselling against the celebration. Not something I can manage I''m afraid[/quote]Nope, I was "counselling" against not getting carried away.For me we are not top of the league whilst the ball is still moving - I can understand getting excited with only a few minutes left and the other result we were counting on being 2 goals in our favour.I have done a fair amount of trudging around as well. Albeit not nearly as much as you have Morty. But I also know that you can end up looking a tad silly if you get too carried away. I too am oft swept along with chants - just not ones of those nature.I remember Mulryne''s goal at Reading, took the roof off the place it did - and I remember jumping up and down like an absolute loon to the point that I swear the away section of the ground was actually shaking (not just because I was jumping up and down mind you, but because everyone was).

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="Mr Jenkins"]We were indeed but I think Chicken is counselling against the celebration. Not something I can manage I''m afraid[/quote]Nope, I was "counselling" against not getting carried away.For me we are not top of the league whilst the ball is still moving - I can understand getting excited with only a few minutes left and the other result we were counting on being 2 goals in our favour.I have done a fair amount of trudging around as well. Albeit not nearly as much as you have Morty. But I also know that you can end up looking a tad silly if you get too carried away. I too am oft swept along with chants - just not ones of those nature.I remember Mulryne''s goal at Reading, took the roof off the place it did - and I remember jumping up and down like an absolute loon to the point that I swear the away section of the ground was actually shaking (not just because I was jumping up and down mind you, but because everyone was).[/quote]I agree to an extent, and the chants of top of the league were more tongue in cheek than anything, as everyone knew it was only likely to be brief.I enjoy getting carried away with the moment sometimes, its part of the fun.

Bournemouth will win tonight, but it matters not. What does matter is us winning our games. We shouldn''t be relying on other clubs to do us favours.

As Morty says I''d like to think that for the majority of the fans those chants of "We are Top of the League" were in jest. It was factually accurate at that point and a bit of fun to sing about.

The "we are going up" ones... Now they''re Prophetic!

[quote user="quentin fulcher"]Bournemouth will win tonight, but it matters not. What does matter is us winning our games. We shouldn''t be relying on other clubs to do us favours.[/quote]Nothing wrong with a bit of help, no matter where it comes from.Would be nice to avoid the ar$e twitching that would go with having to rely on beating Fulham.....

[quote user="morty"][quote user="quentin fulcher"]Bournemouth will win tonight, but it matters not. What does matter is us winning our games. We shouldn''t be relying on other clubs to do us favours.[/quote]Nothing wrong with a bit of help, no matter where it comes from.Would be nice to avoid the ar$e twitching that would go with having to rely on beating Fulham.....[/quote]

Ahhhggh! Don''t mention Fulham because that always guarantees a good ar5e puckering [:D]

[quote user="Mr Jenkins"]Don''t start the anal puckering yet Quentin, try a toffee my man.😁[/quote]

[:D]

It''s a bit of a strange season. We''ve recently cheered Ipswich to victory and we''re suddenly rooting for a generally despised manager who got us relegated last season. Tomorrow afternoon we become Millwall fans.

I think he might be able to get the odd low scoring draw from these games.

I also think he isn''t anywhere near as despised as some of our previous managers. He had a good first season at us all things considered and was going alright even if it was not entertaining! We failed to change things up in the January window and that cost us.

[quote user="NCFC198"]

Brighton V Bournmouth

Brighton V Watford

Middlesbrough V Brighton

Hughton could do his best work for NCFC since the 10 game unbeaten run, starting tonight. 3 of their last five against our main rivals

[/quote]That''s that theory well & truely stuffed then