NeonYellow

Team For Bolton?

Mine is:

Ruddy

Whittaker/Martin/Bassong/Olsson

Howson/Tettey/Hoolahan/Dorrans

Hooper

Jerome

I think Hooper and Wes together could work well and Hooper would be fired up against his old boss Lennon. Vadis to play a part too.

[quote user="CJRV 2014"]Cant see it to be honest. Vadis or O''Neil in for Johnson.[/quote]Ditto.Perhaps Vadis coming on near the end was a clue.

Suprised he didnt give him 10 or 15 minutes as game was clearly over. But he seems to know what hes doing ha.

I''d be surprised if he throws VOO in from the start to be honest- I''d hope and expect Redmond gets the start. I know he wasn''t too effective on Monday but he won us the game against Brighton and I think a bit more width wouldn''t hurt us.

will be a slight shift in formation to bring in Redmond, or more likely O''neil as more of a straight swap.  outside chance it will be VOO

think it will be the only change, the starting 11 has picked itself last few games.

Would be great if we could actually sell all our tickets for this one given its importance. Pilks scored the winner under Lambert last time, our first PL away win under Lambert. We always had the players, now we have a manager, let''s have the supporters too!

I am repeating myself, however based on what I saw of VOO for 2 or 3 minutes yesterdfay he would get in my team over Redmond, who played for 15 minutes and contributed nothing, in fact contributed minus. I know somewhere in there is a player desperate to get out and may be it will come with age but at the moment he is failing to impress me sufficiently to be in my starting 11. All that said I feel for the lad and for his sake above all else, I hope he can start producing at the level I think he can. Perhaps more importantly is whether he thinks he can, because that is more than half the battle..

[quote user="Ray"]I am repeating myself, however based on what I saw of VOO for 2 or 3 minutes yesterdfay he would get in my team over Redmond, who played for 15 minutes and contributed nothing, in fact contributed minus. I know somewhere in there is a player desperate to get out and may be it will come with age but at the moment he is failing to impress me sufficiently to be in my starting 11. All that said I feel for the lad and for his sake above all else, I hope he can start producing at the level I think he can. Perhaps more importantly is whether he thinks he can, because that is more than half the battle..[/quote]Completely agree Ray. Redmond needs to start producing, he is no longer a rookie.

Redmond is the second highest assist provider at the club and was the difference between Norwich winning and drawing the game against Brighton.

He has done more than enough to prove he deserves a place in the team now there is potentially a slot available - although obviously a very different player to Johnson.

I expect we will see Dorrans on the left though with O''Neil coming into the centre.

[quote user="Ray"]I am repeating myself, however based on what I saw of VOO for 2 or 3 minutes yesterdfay he would get in my team over Redmond, who played for 15 minutes and contributed nothing, in fact contributed minus. I know somewhere in there is a player desperate to get out and may be it will come with age but at the moment he is failing to impress me sufficiently to be in my starting 11. All that said I feel for the lad and for his sake above all else, I hope he can start producing at the level I think he can. Perhaps more importantly is whether he thinks he can, because that is more than half the battle..[/quote]

Yes but what about the game on Friday where Redmond came on and set up the goal? Does that count for nothing? I agree VOO looked good but all he did was have one run. I''d need a bit more than 2 minutes to say I''d start him above Redmond who has been inconsistent but still been crucial in picking up quite a few points this season.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Redmond is the second highest assist provider at the club and was the difference between Norwich winning and drawing the game against Brighton.

He has done more than enough to prove he deserves a place in the team now there is potentially a slot available - although obviously a very different player to Johnson.

I expect we will see Dorrans on the left though with O''Neil coming into the centre.[/quote]I still don''t think he is doing enough overall, to warrant a starting place every week.

He was excellent for the first half of the season when Adams played him as an out and out winger, Alex Neil is using him differently (he doesn''t really do wingers) so he has found it a bit tougher recently - also young players have massive fluctuations in form.

He doesn''t fit Norwich''s current style wonderfully, but his performance against Brighton changed the game and I was impressed with his contribution against Huddersfield.

He might not suit Alex Neil''s thinking for a tough away game at Bolton, but to say he ''isn''t contributing'' or is having a poor season is just wrong - he''s either scored or assisted 11 goals so far this season and creates more chances than just about anyone at the club when playing.

I''d like to see him play more centrally sometimes, he did so for England U21s the other night as was probably the best player on the pitch - his passing has improved so much since last season and he looks more like a Rahem Sterling for England rather than just a pacey winger.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]He was excellent for the first half of the season when Adams played him as an out and out winger, Alex Neil is using him differently (he doesn''t really do wingers) so he has found it a bit tougher recently - also young players have massive fluctuations in form.

He doesn''t fit Norwich''s current style wonderfully, but his performance against Brighton changed the game and I was impressed with his contribution against Huddersfield.

He might not suit Alex Neil''s thinking for a tough away game at Bolton, but to say he ''isn''t contributing'' or is having a poor season is just wrong - he''s either scored or assisted 11 goals so far this season and creates more chances than just about anyone at the club when playing.

I''d like to see him play more centrally sometimes, he did so for England U21s the other night as was probably the best player on the pitch - his passing has improved so much since last season and he looks more like a Rahem Sterling for England rather than just a pacey winger.[/quote]I don''t disagree with any of that, but theres only so long we can label him a "young player".He''s no newcomer, he has been in and around the first team now for long enough to be properly nailing down a spot.I agree with Ray still that he isn''t quite fulfilling his potential.I never said he wasn''t contributing, I said he isn''t contributing enough. Watch him for England U21''s, and thats how I would like to see him play for us.

Most natural thing to do is VOO in for Johnson

If it''s not working, get Redmond on and change shape

I agree he has provided assists but that is what he is supposed to do, I haven''t seen any stats but it would be interesting to see percentages, insomuch as assists against potential assists. It may also be he doesn''t fit in as well with AN''s style of play when compared against NA''s style of play but that''s life and if he is, and I think he could be, as good as many say then he perhaps he needs to improve areas of his game to help himself fit in?

I know only seeing 2 minutes of VOO on the pitch is insufficient time to make a overriding judgement, but AN ses him all week on the training ground, so I guess he will make the appropriate call, but from the little we saw he certainly appears to have a presence and is full of confidence.

It is certainly about time we saw something of our £4m-odd investment in VOO - hopefully it is a case of ''cometh the hour, cometh the man'' and he''ll make the difference to take us over the line?! He looked raring to go for the minute or so he was on yesterday(!), it was rather a surprise that we didn''t see him for longer (esp with Weds down to ten men)

No sure what a potential assist is, but Redmond has created more ''key passes'' (a pass that leads to a shot) than any other player for Norwich this season - and also creates more per 90s than any other player. The 2nd highest creator being Wes of course.

Redmond has had a good season, the best of his career so far. It''s not a huge surprise his performance level dropped a little as that is what happens with young players - but his performance against Germany and Brighton show that he''s coming back into form and I believe he''ll end up having a huge say in the end of the season.

Bethnal,

Although ''Potential Assist'' was my term I''m not sure what it means either, but in my mind it is the number of times he could have done something better with the ball than lose it, run into a blind alley or misplace a pass.

He has 8 assists and 3 goals, which IMO is not enough from a player with his ability and reputation..

Wes has 10 and 4 from 30% less game time, Hooper has 5 and 10 from half the game time, Howson 5 and 7 from less game time, even Russ Martin has 5 and 2 and Whitts 4 and 2 and they''re defenders.

But as I said before I hope he can improve on these stats, may be with age or even coaching, but overall given the amount of times he has the ball the return isn''t enough, not to say VOO''s would be any better though?

-------------------ruddy--------------------

whittaker--martin--bassong--olsson

-------------------tettey---------------------

redmond-howson-hoolahan-dorrans

------------------jerome--------------------

I hope it''s this

we are not talking about starting week in week out, but who starts for the next couple of games.

I am with BY&G; redmond showed as recently as the brighton game what he brings - none of the starters opened brighton up despite the lauding they got. Yes he has poor games too but so have all of the midfielders (see wes against brighton, bj against huddersfield etc etc) Redmond was a genuine POTS candidate and provided the only viable attacking option for many games pre xmas. He has delivered this season.

VOO remains a theorhetical option; he has not been that impressive when played while Oneil brings a winning mentality and genuine class and again shown he ability for City this season, his win rate is strong and he is unlucky not to have started more.

For me its a straight choice between Redmond and O''Neil - based on a contribution of proven pace and creativity (only wes offers more attacking threat that actually creates goals) it should be redderz for me.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]-------------------ruddy--------------------

whittaker--martin--bassong--olsson

-------------------tettey---------------------

redmond-howson-hoolahan-dorrans

------------------jerome--------------------

I hope it''s this[/quote]

Can''t see AN starting with Wes and Redmond.  One or the other will be on the bench with O''Neil or VOO in the starting line up.  I wonder if he''ll start both of them and give Tettey''s knee a rest. I don''t think it''d be too disruptive to the formation either, so it''d be:

Ruddy - Whittaker, Martin, Bassong, Olsson - O''Neil - Howson (right), VOO (central), Dorrans (left) - Wes - Jerome

We need someone who can at least play on the left and can provide support and assistance for Olsson who hopefuly can play after Monday''s battering. Who could cover Dorrans, Howson and Vadis all very right footed there is no natural leftie in the squad getting regularly in the squad. My choice would be Redmond although only played on the right this season last season had to play on left to accomodate Snoddy on the right. He had some success operating on the left as an inverted winger remember goal against Southampton. NR looked unhappy on bench Monday starting him against Bolton and Leeds will give who is arguably one of our most talented a boost.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]You were saying Woodman ;)[/quote] Ruddy; Whittaker, Martin (c), Bassong, Olsson; Tettey, Howson, Dorrans, Hoolahan, Redmond; Jerome.Subs: Rudd (GK), Grabban, Hooper, E Bennett, R Bennett, O''Neil, Odjidja-Ofoe.