Sign in to follow this  
kennyfoggo

From Official Wigan Site

Paul Jewell has revealed that Wigan Athletic are "very close" to completing the signing of Norwich star Damian Francis.

A fee has been agreed with the Carrow Road club for the midfield ace and now the player looks ready to agree terms with Latics and become the clubs fifth summer signing.

Paul Jewell said:"I''ve had a call from the players'' agent to say the lad wants to sign and he''ll be coming up to tomorrow to complete the deal.He''s scheduled to have a medical at the JJB stadium in the morning and then hopefully if all goes according to plan he''ll train with us. I''m a big believer that a deal isn''t done until it''s actually done, but all the signs are positive at this moment in time."

[quote]Paul Jewell has revealed that Wigan Athletic are "very close" to completing the signing of Norwich star Damian Francis. A fee has been agreed with the Carrow Road club for the midfield ace and now t...[/quote]

No doubt like you, I''ve really had enough of this now Kenny.

Personally, I don''t think the damage his ''toy throwing'' has caused with the supporters, can ever be repaired.

I also feel a little sad for Wigwam in all this, they must be favourites to come down this new season, so will he jump ship next time as well?.

All in all, we''re better off without him and his bloody agent.

At least Nigel gets a boost to his transfer kitty.

Basically, in this case we have a "win-win" situation. Either he stays and we have a great midfielder, or he goes and we boost our transfer kitty.

[quote]disagree. I dont think he would put any effort in if he stays. And i dont think the 1.5 million would be spent on anyone. not until january anyway[/quote]

Lets be realistic here.

If he is to stay then Worthy will want him to come out and show his ambition to play for the club and he will want to perform to...

(a) get in the premiership with us next year or...

(b) play so well to impress Premiership clubs for a move in January.

If he stays here and puts no effort in and plays in the reserves then the man will be absolutley stupid as no-one will want to buy him and his career will crash and burn, but I cannot see this happening. Can you?

If he stays and plays amazing football to use as a stepping stone for a £2million move in January I won''t be complaining. We can then use that £2million to buy some players who will be good, AND who''s heart will be in it. And let''s be honest here, it''s not as if we have loads of centre midfielders at the club at the moment. Do you see where I''m coming from?