Sign in to follow this  
Carrow89

What a day, what a season !

More importantly they had nothing to lose... but the game.  What would have been the purpose of a draw. I would be well peed off if I was a Bolton fan to find the manager trying to stop play, and waste time. For what ? A bleedin'' draw.Anyone reading threads elsewhere will have read that it was Lennon''s intent. Glad the ginger whinger never ended up here. Would most likely have made Hughton look like an attacking obsessed maverick.

[quote user="Bob Down"]Glad the ginger whinger never ended up here. Would most likely have made Hughton look like an attacking obsessed maverick.

[/quote]

Impossible.

Bottom of the Premier League has suddenly tightened up almost as much as the top of the Championship....

Although it could well be all three teams promoted last year coming back down, the gap has closed to just 4 points covering the bottom 5 and Leicester on the bottom having a game in hand (albeit v Chelsea)

Sunderland 29 (-16)

Hull 28 (-20)

QPR 26 (-20)

Burnley 26 (-24)

Leicester 25 (-19)

I think it''ll be Hull, QPR and Burnley coming down.

[quote user="Surfer"]Bottom of the Premier League has suddenly tightened up almost as much as the top of the Championship....

Although it could well be all three teams promoted last year coming back down, the gap has closed to just 4 points covering the bottom 5 and Leicester on the bottom having a game in hand (albeit v Chelsea)

Sunderland 29 (-16)

Hull 28 (-20)

QPR 26 (-20)

Burnley 26 (-24)

Leicester 25 (-19)

I think it''ll be Hull, QPR and Burnley coming down.[/quote]Hopefully we''ll be waving to Fer and Snodgrass as we pass them.[:)]

perhaps, on reflectionthat was a bit of an exagerationbut playing out the game for a drawfor what purpose ?

[quote user="Bob Down"]perhaps, on reflectionthat was a bit of an exagerationbut playing out the game for a drawfor what purpose ?

[/quote]It made no sense whatsoever.Are we that big a side that they would consider a point against us, at home,  a massive victory?Still Lennon being happy with that says a lot about him.

And by "happy with it" I mean during the game. The only thing he got animated about was refereeing decisions.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Bob Down"]perhaps, on reflectionthat was a bit of an exagerationbut playing out the game for a drawfor what purpose ?

[/quote]It made no sense whatsoever.Are we that big a side that they would consider a point against us, at home,  a massive victory?Still Lennon being happy with that says a lot about him.

[/quote]Maybe we are, but why when it''s this late in the season when points either way would not really make any difference to them ? Whereas installing a winning mentallity and belief would be far better for the players and the fans watching.Players should be thinking that they are playing for their places in next seasons Bolton squad, not engaging in shameful timewasting. Thankfully the ref was up to it,. And it bit Lennon on the ars e.