Sign in to follow this  
king canary

Anyone Watching Derby v Brentford?

I don''t see them catching us but if we don''t get the top two we will probably have to play at least one of these teams in the play-offs. Derby seem a werid team, great squad but really fragile confidence. Brentford look dangerous on the counter and Pritchard just scored a screamer.

[quote user="king canary"]I don''t see them catching us but if we don''t get the top two we will probably have to play at least one of these teams in the play-offs. Derby seem a werid team, great squad but really fragile confidence. Brentford look dangerous on the counter and Pritchard just scored a screamer.[/quote]

I think Brentford will win the playoffs. There style of football is suited to cup style games.

I still wouldn''t write them off for 2nd. They play fantastic football, Pritchard, Judge and Jota are class.

Pritchard is a genuinely brilliant player- if Tottenham don''t want him back I think we should be looking at him as the long term replacement for Wes. He bossed the game at Carrow Road (aided by the Whitaker in midfield experiment).

I think they would be the team I''d least want to face in the play-offs.

Pritchard is one of those rare players who look consistently and comfortably above the level of the Championship and who doesn''t wear a NCFC shirt. Jota is vey good too.

They should have buried Derby by now who still look shot of confidence. Since their bubble burst with Martin''s injury they have struggled to refind their swagger.

Good. Now, if it ends 1-1 those two teams have just significantly reduced the odds of catching Norwich, even if we fail to get the desired result today.

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="king canary"]I don''t see them catching us but if we don''t get the top two we will probably have to play at least one of these teams in the play-offs. Derby seem a werid team, great squad but really fragile confidence. Brentford look dangerous on the counter and Pritchard just scored a screamer.[/quote] I think Brentford will win the playoffs. There style of football is suited to cup style games. I still wouldn''t write them off for 2nd. They play fantastic football, Pritchard, Judge and Jota are class.[/quote]

I would emphatically write Brentford off as far as second place is concerned. They essentially need at least 6 points MORE than Norwich over four games even if we lose today. If Norwich wins today Brentford would need 9 points MORE than Norwich over 4 games. In other words, we would only net 3 points while Brentford would need to get all 12 points. That''s without even giving similar weighting to the unlikelihood of their catching Watford or Middlesbrough. That''s definitely not going to happen, is it Lincoln? 

Lincoln, I honestly think you need help in order to acquire more confidence in your own club and less confidence in others who are trying to catch us.

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="king canary"]I don''t see them catching us but if we don''t get the top two we will probably have to play at least one of these teams in the play-offs. Derby seem a werid team, great squad but really fragile confidence. Brentford look dangerous on the counter and Pritchard just scored a screamer.[/quote]

I think Brentford will win the playoffs. There style of football is suited to cup style games.

I still wouldn''t write them off for 2nd. They play fantastic football, Pritchard, Judge and Jota are class.[/quote]

You''re on the wrong website mate

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="king canary"]I don''t see them catching us but if we don''t get the top two we will probably have to play at least one of these teams in the play-offs. Derby seem a werid team, great squad but really fragile confidence. Brentford look dangerous on the counter and Pritchard just scored a screamer.[/quote] I think Brentford will win the playoffs. There style of football is suited to cup style games. I still wouldn''t write them off for 2nd. They play fantastic football, Pritchard, Judge and Jota are class.[/quote]

I would emphatically write Brentford off as far as second place is concerned. They essentially need at least 6 points MORE than Norwich over four games even if we lose today. If Norwich wins today Brentford would need 9 points MORE than Norwich over 4 games. In other words, we would only net 3 points while Brentford would need to get all 12 points. That''s without even giving similar weighting to the unlikelihood of their catching Watford or Middlesbrough. That''s definitely not going to happen, is it Lincoln? 

Lincoln, I honestly think you need help in order to acquire more confidence in your own club and less confidence in others who are trying to catch us.

[/quote]Only took 5 hours for that to get booted out.....

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[/quote]

Given derby late, undeserved equaliser, and today''s results with today''s results, I now feel Brentford are out of the race for 2nd. I still believe they will finish in the top 6 and win the play offs though. They we''re the best team to come to Carrow road this season, I hope we can stay in the top two as I wouldn''t fancy playing them again.

[quote user="Lord Eddard Stark"]I don''t doubt Lincoln''s allegiance- he just takes ''hope for the best, expect the worst'' to a whole new dimension[/quote]

I fail to see how I''ve been overly negative to City on this thread! I''m simply praising a very good Brentford side, who have surpassed anyone''s preseasons expectations.

Whoever finishes 3rd will be deflated, Derby and Ipswich blow hot and cold - I think Wolves could do well in the playoffs but ultimately I fancy Brentfords style of play to suit the mentality needed for the playoffs. That''s why we''ve got to finish top two.

My four for the playoffs are Bournmouth, Middlesborough, Brentford and Wolves.