Sign in to follow this  
shaunieboy77

Leeds: Howson

With Johnson out, Snodgrass departed, Becchio unrequired, is the stage set for Jonny to grab the limelight at his former club. He hasn''t grabbed the headlines like Johnson but this could be his time. He has been instrumental in our progress without too much recognition.

I would rather have Johnson playing against Leeds as he has a point to prove to their fans. How Howson will react/perform worries me a bit and I would not be surprised if he goes missing.

[quote user="Jim Smith"] How Howson will react/perform worries me a bit and I would not be surprised if he goes missing.

[/quote]

Why on earth would you think that ?

[quote user="Jim Smith"]I would rather have Johnson playing against Leeds as he has a point to prove to their fans.  [/quote]

I think he would have proven that point by playing for us for the last 4 years and not them.

;-)

(Howson will be fine btw)

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Jim Smith"] How Howson will react/perform worries me a bit and I would not be surprised if he goes missing.

[/quote]

Why on earth would you think that ?

[/quote]

Just a feeling nothing more. I rate Howson but in some games he can go missing a bit. I don''t really see him as the type who will be fired up to make a point against his former (boyhood) club whereas I think Johnson would have been really up for it.

Lets hope he shows I''m worrying over nothing.

[quote user="Mr Jenkins"]Ya got to worry about something Jim 😄[/quote]

I''m not worried about it. will just be interesting to see how he performs.

"Lets hope he shows I''m worrying over nothing. "

"I''m not worried about it"

Sorry Jim, you confused me with that one.

But yeh, Jonny was a real big star and huge favourite at Leeds wasn''t he, youngest captain if I recall.

I suspect he has moved on since then, quite often playing against previous clubs actually is inspirational for many players.

He is a bit of an unsung hero this season, we don''t see many threads about him, but he is key player in our team.

I''ve missed him scoring many goals this season, perhaps Tuesday night will be the time he gets a vital one for us.

Johnny Howson has been one of the first names to go on the team sheet all season......why, because he is consistent, rarely giving the ball away, is always looking for an incisive pass and has a decent shot on him. I expect him to perform as he has every match this year. I agree that he has been an unsung player because of Johnno. Tettey has been wonderful too. We are seeing the best midfield team we have ever seen at Norwich for many years in my opinion. It is a real privilege to witness. Dorrans, O Neill and Wes just add to the embarrassment of riches we have. I would like to see Howson score one of his trademark drives from the the edge of the box Tuesday.

[quote user="Mr Jenkins"]"Lets hope he shows I''m worrying over nothing. "

"I''m not worried about it"

Sorry Jim, you confused me with that one.

But yeh, Jonny was a real big star and huge favourite at Leeds wasn''t he, youngest captain if I recall.

I suspect he has moved on since then, quite often playing against previous clubs actually is inspirational for many players.

He is a bit of an unsung hero this season, we don''t see many threads about him, but he is key player in our team.

I''ve missed him scoring many goals this season, perhaps Tuesday night will be the time he gets a vital one for us.[/quote]

Sorry was a bit merry when I wrote that. I mean I''m not worried in the sense I think it will cause us to lose the game or that he will deliberately not play well, more just that he subconsciously may not want to inflict too much damage on those who once idolised him. I suppose the good thing is its not like we can send them down or scupper a promotion bid of theirs or anything. They have absolutely nothing riding on the game. My main point was more that I think Johnson would have been really up for the game.

I seem to recall Johnson being injured/suspended when we played Leeds at home, so its difficult to know what kind of reception he would get?, Howson had some applause from the away fans that night and seemed to visibly up his game as it was Leeds.

I''d be more concerned about any adverse reaction toward Jerome after the Belucci incident?