Sign in to follow this  
Alex Moss

Neil Adam's Reading comments...

I already had the Reading game down as a guaranteed 3 points for Bournemouth given Reading play Arsenal in the cup only 4 days later and I''m sure they''ll rest some of their key players with that in mind, but does anyone else think Neil''s (I thought) slightly belittling comment about Reading after their match against us at Carrow Road could come back to haunt us? We know from the return match that there was a little bad blood and that they used NA''s comments as a pre match incentive, and I just can''t help but feel that any effort that Reading will put in on Tuesday will be fairly non existing as I''m sure they''ll think (cup match aside) why on earth should we do Norwich any favours? After Neil wrote them their pre match team talk, little did I realise it could also come back to haunt us in the latter part of the season. I''m hoping for a professional performance from the Royals but I wouldn''t be surprised if as a club they''d rather see us slip up rather than the Cherries.

Only possible difference is a new manager at Reading now, and Steve Clarke maybe a bit more professional, but can''t blame them if they do put out a much depleted side, and I''m sure it will be all about their cup exploits and not us ?. we just have to win each game and hope Bournemouth (and others) have a bad day somewhere.

Because DDD, I want us to finish 1st as champions and not 2nd if possible! And also that''s not correct anyway - we can win every game till the end of the season and still finish 3rd.

Why are we worried about other teams, win our games we go up

Probably but not definitely. There is a chance we could win all our remaining games and miss out on GD, that would be gutting!

Think the problem is this time of the year people expect clubs to put out a decent side for the benefit of another team.

But Reading or whoever else in the last games have the right to do what''s best for them. If Reading put out a "weaker" team i.e reserves and youth team players and the manager says...

"go and win your place in the team next season..." you might find they are a lot more motivated than a side looking forward to Arsenal in 4 days time.

But if Reading put out a "weaker" team, surely those "weaker" players will want to impress the manager to get in the team for the semi-final. I think the game is likely to be more competitive if a "weaker" team plays - if the first team plays they are more likely to take things easy and not risk an injury. So putting out a weaker team could be more advantageous to us - or am I just being to Percy positive!

I see what you are saying but I doubt very much that any professional team would deliberately set out to lose a match (which would have serious repurcussions if proven) simply to spite a team because their former manager was a bit dismissive earlier in the season.