Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Rider

the pitch

Can anyone who went to the Inter Milan game comment on how the pitch looked?

My son was in the Barclay Upper and said there was quite a large bare / straw coloured triangular shaped area near the Snakepit corner that looked not too clever. I caught a glimpse of one of the goals on TV at the River End and thought I saw similar bare patches near the goal line between the goal and new corner infill that developed during last season but I may be wrong.

It cost us £1M nearly to relay the pitch, move it slighty and put in new drainnage. It''s a poor show if we still can''t get a surface as good as Portman Road which is fantastic every year. Our new pitch is a clear step up in quality from the previous one but are there signs that it is not the ''world beater'' that we were promised by the club?

Shaun O''Hara said on Radio Norfolk this morning that ....''it''s not looking bad and has coped fairly well with close season events''! Christ, at this stage  of the year it should be absolutely perfect.   

It''s all those Jehovahs Witness conventions we have been holding, they''ve taken their toll.

Yeah, it did look a bit rough down in that corner... we can only presume the groundskeepers are saving their best work for the big kick off...

I was sitting in Block A of the Barclay and the state of the pitch in our corner was the first thing I noticed. It looked well ropey... Hopefully it will be sorted in due course!

we sat in the upper n/a/p and i also was surprised there

was a strip from box to the corner flag very poor

i wonder if our dry weather is the cause