Sign in to follow this  
spencer 1970

Rotherham - points deducted?

Not a good look for us if they are still in a relegation battle with Wigan and Millwall come next Saturday. :/

We could really do with them being safe and having a beach mentality, thus wearing Flippy Floppies).

There has been a precedent set in a case like this with Blackpool similarly charged with the same infraction. In their case they were fined £30k so would be suprised if Rotherham would receive a harsher penalty. I agree with you in terms of wanting Rotherham to be safe by the time we play them, hopefully they will be. The case is being fast tracked so there should be an announcement re their punishment soon.

[quote user="Ron Manager"]There has been a precedent set in a case like this with Blackpool similarly charged with the same infraction. In their case they were fined £30k so would be suprised if Rotherham would receive a harsher penalty. I agree with you in terms of wanting Rotherham to be safe by the time we play them, hopefully they will be. The case is being fast tracked so there should be an announcement re their punishment soon.[/quote]If this player was indeed ineligible he played the whole of a 1-0 win for a team in relegation trouble. I cannot, in all justice, see Rotherham avoiding a three-point deduction. That said, a few years ago QPR were fined rather than having points deducted, for what was a far worse trangression. But in that case the tribunal knew any deduction would either throw QPR out of the automatics or out of the top six. And leniency, for what of a more earthy word, prevailed. As it did years before that with West Ham. But I doubt Rotherham have the kudos, or the lawyers, of a QPR or a West Ham.

Hadn''t realised Blackpool had lost their game and so a points deduction would have been double punishment, whereas with Rotherham winning theirs I can now see the FA deducting those points. Hope not but they probably will.